Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default Newbie Hi!

Hello! I'm new here, lost weight once before about 3 years ago and want to get it off again. My name's Sara, I'm 27, married, no kids. I have a pretty busy life, drive 1 hour one way to my job at a university where I take care of instruments in the chemistry department. This fall I became part-time graduate student too working for my masters in chem. I have a lot of hobbies that I've had to waylay a bit, but I still study martial arts (just one night a week) and am also an amateur astronomer and photographer.

I'm trying to count calories again (hey, it worked once before!) and get to the gym 4-6x a week, which as you can probably figure out isn't easy with my schedule. I joined the rec center on campus so I'm hoping once classes are done in a couple weeks I can go there for some cardio. I go to a gym near my martial arts school 2x a week and do weights already.

Thanks in advance for all the support you guys will give me and I can't wait to get going on this weight loss journey!

Sara
gaylors79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome!! I am new too!
I am graduating with my RN in just a few weeks here and I am planning on making this year the year of WEIGHT LOSS! I have a lot of back issues (from nursing and from unhealthy living) and I want them gone in 1 year!
We can totally get to our goals!
Good luck and see you around!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome to both of you!

I'm sure you'll find tons of support and great ideas around here. With a busy schedule, planning can be your best friend. Maybe on the weekends you could bake a few chickens for salads or boil some eggs, etc. Just a thought. A busy schedule makes it really hard, but you can do it!

When I was in Univeristy I would use the gym as a place for a break and would plan it into my day. I also would make dates with friends at the gym and chat through workouts (in the lower intensity times) so that I wouldnt dread going.

I with you both luck. Believe in yourself.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #4  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Sara- Welcome & good luck with your weight loss journey. We sound much alike, I am 26 (will be 27 in less than a month) am married & have no kids either. I work full time and travel quite a bit for work, but I always force myself to find time to workout. My biggest problem is food! But I am also counting calories. Good luck in your journey!

Julie - Congrats! on becoming a RN! How exciting for you. Good luck on your weight loss journey too!

If either of you ever need support just let us know that is what we are here for!!

A little will power dust for you 2:

Resident Elf
(a name given to me by me)
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #5  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome...Sara to bad you dont live here. chemistry is killing me!!! lol
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote