Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Bad day

So, I just found out that my mother has breast cancer and I'm freaking out...it's supposedly the best kind you can have if you're going to have breast cancer that is, and it hasn't spread. But I'm really worried.
My roommate is cooking desserts bc that's what always makes her feel better when she's sad...I dunno, just really sad right now, and today started out so well-I went for an hour long walk, I ate healthy and I won our office basket ball bracket and then this.
It's like whenever things start to go right, something happens to bring me down.
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #2  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. I know it is difficult but remember to stay positive. I know from experience that you have to have your time to let it sink in, but don't let it keep you down. Stay positive for both yourself and your Mom. It will make things easier if you keep a positive attitude. I will keep you, your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oh, Rachie! Keep in mind that breast cancer has a high survival rate, and that positive thinking and prayer (which I wholeheartedly send to you and your mother) can be very very helpful and healthful.
I can see how you would turn to food to help you cope, but don't why don't you call your mom and see how she is doing, talk to a friend about how you are feeling, see a counselor at school, or even post to your friends here.
I know that this is a difficult time for you and your mother. But hang in there sweetie.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #4  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I"m so sorry to hear about your mom. But on the positive side of things, it sounds like things might be ok.. She'll pull through like a trooper i'm sure. Have faith!! Good luck to you and your whole family. Take Care of yourself Rachie!!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #5  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Oh man! That really sucks! i am so sorry to hear it!

Things will get in the way of your diet at times while you deal with your mom's illness. But that's okay- what is important is that you help your mom and that you are kind to yourself. Take good care of yourself, and EXERCISE!!! When you feel super angry or scared or sad- go for a jog, or lift some weights or something. And then when your mom comes through wonderfully just like i know she will, you both will be all the stronger for it!

Hang in there! I am thinking of you!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Oh - I am so sorry to read that. I agree with Spunkster - try to keep a positive attitude. I know that's impossible to do all the time but I bet it will help both you and your mom to think positively. Hang in there! Things will get better!
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #7  

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers...I'm actually having the opposite reaction to food that I thought I would-I've completely lost my appetite. Don't worry, I'm making myself eat, and my roomie is taking good care of me. I'm taking some time off from school (like four days-no biggie) and flying down to see her...so I'm sure I'll feel better once I can see that she's ok.
Again, thank you!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

When my mother was diagnosed a few years ago, it was the only time in my life I had no appetite. She had to have chemo and radiation, but she came out okay.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #9  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Strength to you and your family. *hugs*
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  
Moving and Losing

S/C/G: 330/285/180ish

Height: 6'0

Im not sure what to say, so Ill give you these instead:

My thoughts are with you and your family!
MissLeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #11  

Thank you all sooo much...it's good to know that so many people are thinking and praying for her. I know that she's a big believer in prayers healing people, so it'll mean a lot for her to hear it. Thanks for all your support, and Jman1, I'm soo glad your mom is ok