Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #1  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default I think this is an NSV

I went out for Thai food last night. I spent the day obsessing over the menu online and reading related posts here to make a plan of attack but when I got there I still didn't know the healthiest option. I had eaten a banana and some almonds right after my workout so I'd be able to ponder carefully and make a good choice. But I became overwhelmed and ordered good ole Pad Thai, wah wahhh. (I did eat Summer Rolls though beforehand without dipping sauce to quell overeating tendencies.)

But wait.... I did something interesting which for me demonstrates intense will power. I decided to only eat the protein with small bites of the noodles. So I ate all my shrimp and chicken and definitely consumed less than 1 cup of the noodles. There was an insane amount of leftovers, it looked like I hadn't touched it (though I ravaged it looking for protein then smoothed out the noodles) I let my friend combine our dishes and take it home so I wouldn't finish it later.

It may not seem like much but I am really impressed with myself!
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Awesome job! I think that is huge. Having that food in front of you and picking through for the healthiest part is great. Clearly you have done well since you are almost at your goal! And to let someone else take the leftovers. that's huge will power.
Pat yourself on the back!
I try to think of white rice or noodles as just a pile of sugar so I try to do the same, limit the amount of that stuff I eat. I love Thai and Japanese so I have to do that a lot, not always succesful but when you are it's cause for celebration.
Inspiring!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much Bikini Dreader!! I really wanted to get a veggie dish but I hate veggies and didn't want to leave hungry and binge later. I'm going to work on that though.

I love your imagery. From now on I'm going to morph white carbs into mounds of sugar!!

And you're right, I deserve this: *pat pat*
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #4  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Great Job!! Keep up the good work!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Well, that is something. If you feel good about it then it is def. a nsv for you!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #6  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

That is awesome! Restaurants are my diet death trap. Way to go!
I'd write more but my laptop battery is about to die.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Very good job!!! That is an NSV!!! Restruants (espically thai, chinese, and mexican) are problems for me. Will power is everything.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Great job!!

I love Thai food but need your will power. I have a hard time not eating ALL of what is in front of me (especially if its something yummy like Pad Thai)
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote