Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/125

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm frustrated!!

as much as i don't like the idea of it...i do take diet pills. i don't solely rely on them but it helps me get energy to get off my *** and do stuff lol and speeding up my metabolism doesn't hurt, does it? anywho...last week i decided that since pretty much all of you are being successful w/o the use of diet pills..i felt like a cheat and i figured "hey i don't need these". so now its been 8 days since i stopped taking them and this morning i caved and starting taking them again. i just feel so horrible w/o them i feel so lethargic and lazy and fat and bloated b/c i haven't pooed since i stopped taking them ..gross i know but w/e. i feel so gross and i just want to poo again lol. i don't get it...i get plenty of fiber in my diet...i feel horrible with a weeks worth of food in me
JeepsterQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #2  
kinesiologist

jeepster do you do any RE activity ( weight training)?
sportsmedjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #3  

i used to back in high school lol. but unfortunately i hurt my back so most weight training puts a lot of strain on me..instead i do yoga and pilates. i use my body ball for 10 min in the morn when i wake up and then 10 before i go to bed to relax. and i run 30 min 3x a week...besides i like yoga and pilates because it makes u look leaner and not bulky plus i'm a klutz so it helps me there too lol. let's see...i don't eat fast food anymore it makes me sick...i dunno
Old 03-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #4  
kinesiologist

you might want to look into some weight training. it will help increase lean muscle mass which in turn will help with your BMR allowing you to burn more calories quicker.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #5  

gee...thx so much for ur advice but considering i just told u i have back probles, i don't think putting more strain on my back is a smart thing to do. it just makes sense...if it hurts don't do it...doncha think?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #6  
kinesiologist

Is your back pain from a tramatic injury. I would look and talk to your primary care physcian or a PT. Before i got into research I worked in an athletic training room for a univeristy as an athletic trainer which is different that a personal trainer. Anyways depending on the condition a lot of back problems can be resolved by a nice strength protocol. We're not talking about huge weight but simple band exercises and very light weight rows. Talk to your physican about it and see if you can even get some PT. I know most health insurance companies cover at the most 10 pt sessions i believe.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

This is kinda how I felt about red bull. But i did manage to kick the habit. i don't think that it was really optimal for my body. but it did make me feel a helluva lot more energized.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #8  
kinesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
This is kinda how I felt about red bull. But i did manage to kick the habit. i don't think that it was really optimal for my body. but it did make me feel a helluva lot more energized.
Whenever I think of redbull or redline I think of corky ramono where he was wrestling with the dog for the cocaine and it ripped open and it got all over him then he had to go talk to the little kids. Craks me up.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #9  
40 lbs to go

S/C/G: 207/186/150

Is it possible your body is addicted to the diet pill some how? I don't know much about them but it just doesn't sound right to me. And cardio, water and fibre should get your bowels going again.

And I agree some resistance training might help your injury, it's worth looking into. I have found losing weight is all about having an open mind.
Cindy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #10  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

what exactly is in the "diet pills"? Is it a dietary supplement or something the doc prescribed?

And yea, if your bowel movements are the only thing of concern -- laxatives/fiber supplements should do the trick. As for weight loss, it's really best to do it w/o any help -- cardio, weights & healthy eating should do the trick.

And for women, it's rather hard to get bulky from weight-training -- and there are numerous weight exercises you can do with minimal pressure on your back. And yea, if you have health insurance, you should be able to see a chiropractor or some physical therapist to help take care of your back -- it's not good to just let that sit or try home remedies, your spine is your life line!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #11  

~Update~
....ummm yeah...ya'll are gonna think i'm ******ed lol but i just weighed myself since a week ago and i'm down 6 lbs. but i did weigh myself after i ate dinner for ****s and giggles and to my surprise...IT SAID 149!!!!
i feel kinda dumb but happy. btw i think i'll stick to what i'm doing b/c its working...all the stretching while doing yoga really relieves back pain.
thanks for all ur advice and all i appreciate it.
i guess in a way its possible that my body is addicted to the pills. i've been taking them for about 6 months..i know its a long time but i limit my caffeine and my blood pressure is fine..the only thing i don't like about the pills is that whenever i get stressed out, i get more anxious. Thanks Ya'll