Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/228/170

Height: 5 foot 6

Default just a fast hello

Hi all,
this is my first time to this forum, been lurking about 2 hours reading all i can.
just a little about myself ive been trying hardcore losing for since 2-4-07 when i joined the gym here in town got a personal trainer and entered a weight loss chal at the gym for a free yr membership, 500 $ shopping spree plus alot of other little things, i bought the bodybug at the gym and it tells me my rate of cal burned 24 hours a day i burn close to 3050 a day, and consume close to 1400 a day even tho my trainer yells telling me she wants me to eat 2000 plus a day with how busy i am. Granted i go to the gym everyday for at least 2-3hrs 22 miles on the bike then 1 to 3 miles on elep then 1 on treadmill to slow my pulse, then i get to enjoy a 15 min steam my fav part. i decided i have to make time for me i have a 2 yr old and will pay for him to be at a sitters longer to do this even tho as a single mom tis hard to find the extra money BUT i HAVE to do this not only for me but for my son so i will live a longer and healthier life for him. I decided NO more excuses ya last week i worked 2 17 hour shifts plus 3, 8 hoursbut you better bet i went and did the total tone class (hour long) then raced back to work for the other 17 hour shift come friday afternoon i felt dead but monday at my tops meeting i was awarded for losing 11.75 pounds the month and lost another 4 for the week. well my short note has turned into a letter just make time for yourself is my point. If i can do this you can too!!!!!

Last edited by Ellectra79; 03-06-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Ellectra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi, It sounds like you are doing great. I agree with your trainer though that you are a very busy woman and doing a lot of exercise to be surviving on 1400 calories. If it works for you and you don't feel hungry then whatever, but it might be tough if you start out that low because what happens if you hit a plateau and stop losing and need to lower your cals again? Anyway it's just something to think about--if you look around these boards a bit I think you will encounter a lot of people successfully losing weight while eating significantly more than you and it might be better for your health. Good luck, all the best and I hope to see ya posting around here.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey! Same starting weight!
I agree though, you should be eating more.
But, WElcome!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #4  

im eating alot really. i just lower cal in foods, i do nursing so i deal alot with diets my clints are on. ok yesterday i ate
2 pc toast 70 cal
1 whole egg 70 cal
2 egg white 30 cal
1/2 slice cheese 30 cal
1 cup cantaloupe 54 cal
so i ate an egg sand and fruit for 254 cals

snack:
1/4 cup cottage cheese 40 cal
1 cup strawberrys 49 cal
total:89 cal

lunch: 2 skinless chicken tenderloin (aldi's) 80 cal
2 hamburger buns 160 cal
1 packet mayo (subway) 35 cal
1/2 cheese curls (aldi) 50 cal
lettuce
total: 325

snack: 2 cups broccoli 50 cal
no cal parkey spray

dinner:2 turkey burgers 260 cal
2 buns 160 cal
mustard and lettuce 0
1 baked potato 120
no cal parkey spray 0
1 can green beans w/garlic powder 70 cal

snack 1 cup cantaloupe 54 cal

total for day is 1382 so 5 sandwishes 3 cups fruit 4.5 cups veggie and cheese
i know people who eat less then that with 3 x more cal, for me its just knowing what has what calories and how to get more out of your food. so im eating alot and every 3 to 4 hours sometimes im still full from meals thati have to force myself into eating snack now thats bad...... but i know i have to have the intake in 3-4 hours.
I understand the worry about the low cal intake but as you can see its alot of food, i have hit the wall and i increase movement and intake less fats and add protein it got me thru PLUS i have PCOS and have to intake less and move more becouse its how my body works , hitting the wall all you have to do is move more not eat less calories just have a higher deficit of cal gawd you think i would be skinny knowing all this...........lol i have it so broke down medical wise the trainer was shocked and wanted copies of cal intake to cal burned to loose 1 to 5 lbs a week consuming 1600 cal a day. but i can figure it out at any cal rate. ok my clients ready to leave for workshop need to go will post how to figure it out later.
Elly
Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #5  

forgot also worked with a Prader Willi who could only eat 800 cal a day to stay same weight so i know alot of lowering cal to make alot of food hehe and man they LOVE to eat everything in house under lock and key even trash