Old 02-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #1  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Talking Eating healthy on a date!

Heyy, so I'm just making a quick post because I'm VERY excited to be going out on a date with a new beau tonight... only thing is, he won't tell me where he's taking me to eat, it's a surprise.

SO here's what I'm thinking... I ate very light all day, so for dinner I'll allow myself the treat of a drink or two, and then choose something sensible, but filling, like maybe broiled fish with vegetables and rice.

Eee I'm so excited! Hehe. Sorry, just had to express my excitement somewhere... I'll post and let you know how things go tomorrow...
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Default Eating Healthy On A Date...

Is really really hard...

Sounds like you have a good plan in place! I used to just get what I felt like my tummy could handle (nerves) and would just save half. Of course, you must report back- I love hearing about first dates! Well, maybe its not a first date, but who doesn't love a good surprise? Have fun
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #3  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

sounds like a great plan!! make sure you enjoy yourself!!
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #4  

have fun!!!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

OMG! I would be so nervous! I actually was always nervous on first dates... and usually I didnt have much of an appetite either.

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #6  
hara hachi bu

I do just that - order broiled fish with vegetables - but I ask to replace the rice with more vegetables, because they usually give you bread beforehand anyway.

Have fun!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

How exciting! New romance is so fun!

Just a funny, random thought I had when I saw this.

The first time I went out with my now boyfriend, I got a salad. His friend later told me he was suprised that my boyfriend called me for a second date because I had a salad, and apparently, that is the sign of being "fake" and superficial. What is wrong with boys? Seriously? Not dating someone because you got a SALAD? Flip...anyway...hes my boyfriend now so I guess my sparkling personaliity convinced him otherwise
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #8  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Hey all!! Thanks for your replies, and for your interest, sooo here are the details!! Hehe, I am such a girly girl when it comes to this kind of stuff, love to gossip...

So anyway his choice of restaurant was perfect: The Cheesecake Factory! The two of us go to school in Baltimore (Johns Hopkins), so we;re a short cab ride from the inner harbor, where there are lots of nice restaurants to choose from. I was happy that he picked this place because there is just SO MUCH to choose from, I knew I could find something that wasn't TERRIBLE for me... I ended up getting herb encrusted salmon with potatoes and a side of steamed broccoli, and of course since the portions are INSANE there I brought more than half of it home, which my suitemate finished for me (I encouraged her to take it off my hands, that way I wouldn't be tempted today. Of course she was happy to do this, skinny little garbage disposal of food that she is. Haha, jk, I love my suitemate). I also got some fruity mixed drink with strawberries and rum and ice cream and lord knows what else in it, but I felt like splurging a bit.

But now for the actually FUN part to tell: how the DATE went!!

Well, in a word, it was perfect. He is such a sweet guy, he has been wanting to take me out pretty much since the first day we met... he invited me to a few date parties at his frat in October, which I politely turned down because I was involved with someone else at the time (nothing serious, but I didn't think the other guy would like me going to those date parties because he was in a different frat). Anyway, he took me to his formal in December and took me out to dinner that night, but nothing really came of it, until he invited me out this time... lets just say, we went out to some bars later that night with our friends, and he didn't leave until 5 am Ya, some sparks flew. Not THOSE kinds of sparks, not yet anyway, but there is definitely a chemistry there.

Anyway, I'll probably end up going out with him again tonight... ooh, I really like him. Hehehehe. I am giddy!

Okay well sorry that was so long and that I've turned the 20's message board into "Sarah's Love Life 101"... but in other news my weight is down, down, down! Too busy with my little crushy to think about food...
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

How exciting! I LOVE that first part of a relationship when you just walk around with that goofy smile on your face. Glad you had a good time and it sounded deicious!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

That's great!
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #11  

woot woot!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

How exciting that it went so well!!! My boyfriend is taking me to The Cheesecake Factory for Valentine's Day (he said he had called and tried to make a reservation so he could surprise me, but they don't take reservations, so he had to tell me because it's always INSANELY packed, so we need to leave as soon as possible once we're home from work).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #13  
Chuggin' along...

sounds like a great date! glad you hit it off.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

I am so excited for you!! I love first dates.. they are nerve racking yet so magical... makes ME all giddy too!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote