20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Chubbybun- Nice sig, I think we will all steal it!
Thanks! I'm so glad everyone likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen62 View Post
Um, how do you put the picture in the sig?
You can right click and save it to your computer, then upload it as a signature or you can right click and go to properties and hotlink it from my photobucket. Whichever is ok with me. Btw, I love your Yoda quote!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #32  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

o.m.g. I am SO excited. I'm really sick and so I went to the doctor...well really I am AT the doctor right now...anyways, usually his scale is way higher then mine at home, especially because I weigh in the morning on an empty stomach....well today, for the first time since my freshman year in high school....the scale here was under 190!!! It said 188 =).....of course, I still feel like crap, but after eating a big lunch....the doctor's scale said 188!!! Anyways, he should be coming in the room soon so i'm gonna get off my phone. I hope you ladies have a great day
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #33  

I'm scared i"m not going to have a loss this week. TOMs coming, I'm absolutely feeling PMSy, and i'm using it as an excuse to eat stuff that I don't really want to eat. <_< Luckily, I'm down to only about a pint of Arctic Zero left, and I gave it to my loverboy, so it's not "mine" anymore and I won't eat it. That's what I was eating daily along with my primal diet (I bought 11 pints!!) <_< Today, however, I found my ginormous Pound Plus (almost 18 oz) dark chocolate with peanuts bar from Trader Joe's, and ate like 2 servings of it <_< When I bought it, my plan was to eat 1/3 of a serving. I usually don't have a problem with taking a tiny bit of chocolate and being satisfied. BOO ON ME TODAY. And even worse, I've skipped yoga 2 days in a row. I don't skip yoga. I've been going 7 days a week, and often 2 classes a day. FORREALS, BOO ON ME.

I was being super lazy when it came to work for the past couple months. I took two assignments, a total of 14 hours, in all of July. This month I only took one job the first week of August (only because I was specifically requested by the client), then nothing until last week, when I took 3, and this week I had one yesterday and today. Apparently when I'm working I just have no motivation to do the stuff I need to do. Now I'm ready to be back to being lazy for a bit again, so i'll focus back on yoga and eating well.

Last edited by Brown; 09-01-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #34  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

thanks for the help chubbybun.

i couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the pic in my siggy..lol
Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Whoo, Brown, good way to get on top of things. I notice that when I'm doing a lot of working/schooling I get lazier with my eating schedule. Not necessarily workouts, but eating, yes. Helps me to pre-plan my meals. I also don't put tempting stuff like chocolate in my house... that way it just stays special so when I go out with friends I can get something, but not just here.

Oh my goodness, I can't wait for zumba tonight. It's so fun! The dilemma is that zumba is from 5:15-6:15, and I'm supposed to meet around 6:15 at another place to run through our worship music before fellowship meeting. Haha... I'm thinking I'll just pack extra clothes and change at the gym real quick and hope that my face is not still bright red by the time people start arriving...

Last edited by Everlasting; 09-01-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

I need a serious kick in the butt this week. I have totally fell off the weight loss train and can't get back my motivation to catch back up with it. PLEASE HELP!
I think just by posting this made me realize that by setting here I am wasting good walking and exercising time. I can do this I know I can it's just a lot harder than I thought it would be. =( Good Luck everyone. I will try to get back in the game today.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #37  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

AH! I cheated tonight. Double cheeseburger from McD's Ugh! Hopefully it wont mess up my weight loss this week.

Last edited by lusciousskittles; 09-02-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #38  

Luscious- I always remind myself that one meal never made me gain all the weight... it's the whole lifestyle of meals that did that. Drink lots of water and don't be set back and I'm sure you'll do fine this week!

Mommy- Get out there and go for a walk! Hope the weather is nice where you are. Take a dog, or a kid, or a book, or some music, and just go. It is hard, especially in the beginning, but keep at it and you'll be glad you did. It will get easier because the lifestyle will become intrinsic. One day you won't have to make yourself go for a walk... you'll just be minding about your day and say, "Oh hm... I feel like walking."

Oh man am I sore tonight! But I just took a shower and feel so refreshed. We danced for 100 minutes straight this afternoon, on relevé and with our knees bent mostly so it was like sitting position. Gotta love the Egyptian style dances... but man was that a killer on the thighs. Then I went back a few hours later and did an hour of zumba. So fun! I need to eat more though. My sparkpeople tells me it's 8:46pm and I've only had 900 calories today... hm... Gonna go make myself a fruit smoothie with lots of good milk I think. I have a ton of fresh veggies in the fridge and I've been bulking them into my food lately and they are just so low-cal and fiber filled that I don't eat enough some days. Need my strength for the half marathon day after tomorrow though so must eat!

Last edited by Everlasting; 09-02-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:04 AM   #39  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

I so need to get out of the 260's, I've been playing in the 260's for way too long.

I'm so darn unhappy- ugh!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #40  

I've been playing in the same region ALL SUMMER. I am letting a lot of things that shouldn't be getting to me, get me. Sorry ladies, I've been pretty absent this week. I'm having a rather bad week and in my infinite wisdom haven't really been exercising. I'm going for a nice run today though!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #41  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hey ladies

Been really busy this week and so no posts. I am doing ok but have Tom so not sure about a loss. Boo. I went for a festival in Florida and met alot of friends and such and met a friend of my mother;s who didn;t recognize me since I have gained so much weight with my pregancy. She was like" oh my God. you gained so much weight I hardly recognize you!" I was so upset later cuz I worked hard to loose these 30 lbs and yes I have so much more to go but it sorta just made me feel bad.

anyway I am pushing hard this month and am trying to drop a good 5 lbs atleast. I usually average about 4 a month. Hope you all are doing great!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #42  

Quote:
I also don't put tempting stuff like chocolate in my house...
Definitely. I've been doing well for the past couple days now that the Arctic Zero and the sugary 50-whatever% cocoa chocolate is gone. I skipped yoga 2 days last week, and the past SIX days in a row. I don't do that! I just have not been able to get up in the mornings to make it, whether I have a job that day or not. I went today, despite having TOM cramps, and kicked myself for missing so much. I LOVE it. I feel better when I go. I don't know what my deal was this week.

I attempted day one of Couch to 5k. I'm such a NONrunner that I could only get halfway through it (1 mile), only 4 sets of walks/runs out of the 8. 150# squats, I'm fine. Put me in a relatively challenging yoga pose, i'm fine. Make me run, and I close-to-die. Hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
have Tom so not sure about a loss.
Same here. I haven't been gaining weight while PMSing/TOM because I've eaten low carb for the past couple months. BUT I've been eating out of my carb range for this past week, not high-carb, just higher than what I usually eat (and kicked way out of ketosis), so my weight is up. Even if it's just water, It's going to take a couple days to get back down. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be up for tomorrow's weigh-in still. At least I've got my carb intake back under control, though, and hopefully make up for it next week.

Last edited by Brown; 09-04-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #43  

Brown- If you want to run, run! I was about dying when I started couch to 5k but I pushed through and eventually it clicked. I actually didn't finish the program because I got so into gear with the running that I wanted to run more and walk less and by the time I got to week 4 or so I was running like 3 miles straight

So 6 months or so later... ran my first race today! I finished my half marathon in 2 hours and 43 minutes, which is way faster than my estimate of how long it would take me... I thought over 3 hours for sure, but I guess all the people along the course cheering and the sheer adrenaline of running with so many people helped me to finish so quickly. I don't feel half bad either. I'll probably be a bit sore in the morning and I'm moving slowly now... although I had to walk 2.5 miles home after than and then I spent a couple hours going door to door in the dorms on campus inviting people to a bonfire that our ministry is having tonight, going UP and DOWN stairs... oh my goodness... so many stairs. So yeah, still feeling okay.

Weigh in day is tomorrow!! I hope everyone remembers to weigh in and we'll see how we do! Remember even if you don't have a major loss we still have quite a few weeks to go!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #44  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone! I just weighed in! Whoo! I haven't dropped this much weight in a week since the very first week of my diet*ahem*new lifestyle. Mostly it was water weight BUT I've discovered that if I eat really lightly in the evenings, and don't eat after 8pm, the scale moves much more quickly. Anyway, I don't expect to see 6 lbs losses again, but it's a nice way to start my birthday week. :-D

Have a great weigh-in and a great start to the week, everyone!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #45  

Quote:
Brown- If you want to run, run! I was about dying when I started couch to 5k but I pushed through and eventually it clicked. I actually didn't finish the program because I got so into gear with the running that I wanted to run more and walk less and by the time I got to week 4 or so I was running like 3 miles straight
Go you! I've tried other running programs a handful of times in the past. I always end up quitting because I DON'T progress as quickly as they do. I've decided I'm giving up on the programs and just going to go out and go around my block (1 mile) 3 times a week and run as much as I can and walk when I have to, and do it at my own pace.

I'm SO sore today, from skipping yoga for a week and then going yesterday AND attempting to run (a grand total of 4 minutes, ) I've got two hours of yoga today.

My weigh in was a hair over 152 (I round for neatness). That means no gain and no loss from last week, but I'll SO take it since i spent so many days this week eating higher carb than I should've, along with 6 days no exercise. And yesterday I had at least 1,600 calories of heavy whipping cream ALONE, on top of toooo many nuts, and everything else I ate (including like 6 slices of bacon <3) The two days prior to that I went through 16 oz of heavy whipping cream, too. I've been feeding my TOM monster with whipped cream. Whatever. It's all good.

Good luck with weigh-in today, people! Off to my first yoga practice.

Last edited by Brown; 09-05-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Closed Thread