20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

First day of classes. Starting fresh and early with 8:00am weight lifting and then 10:00am swimming We just had a brief 10 minute intro in weight lifting and didn't do anything so when she dismissed class I went and worked out in the gym for an hour. I bought a locker rental this semester. I never do that because I'm pretty cheap to want to pay $30 to rent a locker when I could just carry everything but I know it will keep me from making excuses to pop into the gym for half an hour or an hour if I know I already have my gym clothes and shoes there and ready. Not to mention I have a lot of equipment to carry with all of my classes... haha... ONWARD first day of classes!!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]VOTE FOR A THEME!!! CLICK ME!!!

Laureedee~ WELCOME! What changes are/ have you made to help you lose weight?
I've been at this for a few months, so I'm not really planning on making too many changes as far as the challenge goes. I'm mostly hoping it'll help keep my motivation up when it starts to fizzle. Since I started, I've lowered my calories, am eating better and I'm exercising everyday. I've lost 30lbs, so it's working for me
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #33  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

haleygirl82, ade903~ August 30!!! Yikes!!! I go back for in-service on the 26th, and school starts Sept. 1 for us!

Everlasting
~ How was your first day? Great planning with the locker!

Laureedee~ 30lbs. is AWESOME!

Thank you to everyone that volunteered to be a team leader! Team leaders are set right now, so there is no need for anymore volunteers. HOWEVER! I have asked each team leader to find a back up person to help them out if something comes up and they can not post results on time, so if you are still interested in helping out, please look for that request once the challenge begins!

It's rainy and icky here today, apparently will be for the next few days as well, so I should have plenty of time to get myself organized before having to head back to school.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #34  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
First day of classes. Starting fresh and early with 8:00am weight lifting and then 10:00am swimming We just had a brief 10 minute intro in weight lifting and didn't do anything so when she dismissed class I went and worked out in the gym for an hour. I bought a locker rental this semester. I never do that because I'm pretty cheap to want to pay $30 to rent a locker when I could just carry everything but I know it will keep me from making excuses to pop into the gym for half an hour or an hour if I know I already have my gym clothes and shoes there and ready. Not to mention I have a lot of equipment to carry with all of my classes... haha... ONWARD first day of classes!!
I know all classes are diff but what is weight lifting like? Is it really jock-y? I wanted to take it, but I was afraid it was going to be all jocks pumping iron and nobody really teaching me how to build strength (since I don't know how). I started school today too btw! I'm taking a physical fitness class, I'm excited! It's going to be cardio, strength, and flexibility all in one class. Weee!

I'm really excited for the BL challenge. I can't wait for it to start. I need to get my butt in gear.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #35  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

OMG, I am insanely jealous that you get to take a weightlifting class! I miss college....

I took yoga and that was surprisingly good, I think that was because of the great instructor we had though. I loved that we could take exercise classes and get credit! Those were the days....

How's everyone doing? Ready for the challenge to begin? I am! Hope the weather cools down a little bit so we can all get out and get moving.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 247/214/169

Height: 5'5"

hey all!! i'm pretty new here....and this is my first BL challenge. i'm pretty excited!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am glad I decided to check in on 3FC this evening, I came by in time to sign up for the challenge! I've been off the site for a bit now.. Had some life turmoil and wasn't in the headspace to keep posting here. However despite emotional stress and lots of uncertainty I managed to lose a few lbs in the meantime (only about 4lb but hey, I'll take it!).

Ready to get down and dirty with weight loss again... This challenge will be particularly, well, challenging because my birthday occurs right after the start, and that means fancy dinner. But the bf says he has something active planned for the daytime so it might balance out. Also in Sept I am going to Boston for a week to be with my bf while his mom gets a lung removed. And we all know how hard it is to eat well while traveling.

Sooooo anyhow HI! I look forward to getting to know you guys
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Hey hope everyone is still staying on plan! The challenge starts in a few days!

Maybe I broke out of my 2 week long plateau; I finally saw a 175 on the scale yesterday, however now TOM started and I feel so gross. I hate that... being on plan and feeling gross anyway. I need to push through this week and continue my exercises and healthy eating even though my body feels unhappy.

Whoo! 3 days! Get ready for some BL madness!
Closed Thread