General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #1  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Ghost Stories, anyone?

Happy Halloween!
I think today after work I will stop in at a restaurant/bar that has a reputation for being haunted. It's an old building. One story I heard from a prior manager is that one day she was there alone, before opening time, getting the place set up when the wine supplier came by. The wine supplier said that he was curious about the upstairs of the place, and she said she'd show him. Oh - she had just gone up there a few minutes before to get something. So they went up the stairs and at the top of the stairs a chair was blocking the way. There was no chair there a few minutes before when she had gone up. Apparently the ghost(s) didn't want the wine guy up there!

Any other ghostly experiences?
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I love ghost stories! I like to watch Most Haunted, too!!

The house I grew up in was built in 1841, so it had many of 'things' happen over the years, including things out of place! My earliest memory was when I was a little girl, about 6 or 7, and I woke up early on morning thinking my parents were having a party, or the radio was on because I heard all these people talking. So, I finally got up to see what all the commotion was and when turned the corner and I stepped into living room, it got quiet! No one was there and the radio was not on (it was old-fashioned and had heavy knobs to turn). That was creepy!

Another time, I was about 11 or 12, my parents were across the street and I had a few Girl Scouts over in the neighborhood and we were playing games. Two girls asked who was upstairs because of the heavy footsteps. I must've been used to the constant footsteps growing up, cuz I said "Nobody is up there, it's just us down here." Every girl ran out of the house and, now that I think of it, they never came back!! Even my best friend (now of 32 years) would never, ever spend the night because of the noises.

Anway, that's what I remember the most!!

Any more stories?

aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

In 01, my beloved FIL passed. He was cremated. I'd already said my goodbyes to him so when boobalah took his ashes up to the mountains to spread, I didn't want to go. boobalah's sister and brother and parts of their family were with him. Dad was blind so we gave him a talking watch. The battery had died in that thing before he passed. He didn't notice it because of his Alzheimer's. That watch was sitting on the counter. It had been there since his death. Saturday afternoon, around 1, it started talking. It freaked me out!

I didn't know what to do with that watch. I put it in the garage but our bedroom is on the other side of the wall and I could hear it. I put it in the car but I got worried because it was so cold. I brought it back into the house and put it in the back room. It was cold there, too. However, I put an afghan around it but left the face exposed so it wouldn't smother.

I know all that is stupid for a watch but it was Dad's watch and it was talking again!

When boobalah came home he was surprised to hear it talking. When I told him it started at 1 the day before he got so silent. A few minutes later he told me that they were spreading his ashes at 1. We think it was Dad telling me goodbye.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Wow!
When I was a kid, I had a sleep-over. My parents had a RV trailer that they parked in the back yard. It was parked in the middle of a loose gravel pad, and was in the corner of the property with two sides of it pushed up against a 10-ft-high privacy fence, which had a 10-foot movable panel which was locked. The other side was facing a large shed, and the front where the door was, was facing the house which was approximately 30 ft away. When you sat in the sleeping area, your back was on the side facing the fence, and you could look through the trailer to the bathroom window, which was frosted glass and was facing the shed.
Well, my birthday is on Hallowe'en (happy birthday to ME!!!), so we thought it would be a great idea to play with the Ouija Board at midnight, it being a deliciously scary thing to do. Well, we started to play with it, but chickened out quickly, and put it away. My friend went to sleep, and I turned out the light, and I was looking through the trailer to the frosted bathroom window. And NOT A WORD OF A LIE, a HUGE, and I mean HUGE round spotlight turned on in the window. It was like someone took an extra-large flashlight, pushed it up against the window, and turned it on. And we sure as heck didn't own any flashlight that was that large. It stayed on for around 3 seconds, then flashed off.
SO, I figured this was my bratty younger brother trying to scare me, so I jumped out of the bunk, ran to the door, and opened it. I didn't hear anything -- because if someone was there I would have heard gravel crunching -- there is NO way to get to that spot without stepping on 6 feet of loose gravel. So I took off and ran around the trailer and saw nothing. The gate was padlocked, and the back door was in clear view and there was nobody there. SO, I ran to the back door, and the back door was locked (as it should have been). I got the spare key, and ran upstairs, only to see that everyone was absolutely asleep. And when you are 9 (my brother's age) there is NO WAY you can fake it that well! There was no time for someone to flash the light, run silently over gravel to the house, open the back door, close it, lock it, run upstairs, and pretend to be asleep. NO WAY. I mean, I was 12 and I was FAST...
I went back outside, and this bizarre wave of nausea hit me, and I barfed right there on the patio. Just like in the Exorcist. YARK. I was really, really freaked out, but didn't want to wake anyone, so I cleaned it up, and went back to the trailer and stayed awake ALL night.
I threw out the Ouija board the next day, and absolutely won't play with that thing again...
Still gives me the creeps...

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-31-2007 at 08:44 PM.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Happy B'day, Freia!!

Creepy stories! Love it!!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #7  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Yes! Happy Birthday, Freiamaya! May the ghosts leave you alone!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote