Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #1  

Question Questions before joining LAWL

Hi,Im Danyl. Ive been doing weight watchers for the past 3 years and I find that it isn't working for me anymore,my aunt is doing lawl and she loves it. I was just wondering a few things before i joined this week.
how do you know when you eat something if it has a combination of starches fats or dairy?
How do you know how MANY protiens,fats,fruits,etc is in a item of food?

i hope you guys can help me
Deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Dany, welcome

I have been on LAWL for 10 weeks now and love it. I had been on WW a long time ago and the LAWL is very similar to the old old WW program where they assigned you a number of exchanges, so many starches, so many proteins, dairies, veggies, fruits, and condiments. You will get a program book listing all the foods in the above food groups and the assigned weights/sizes for each serving. It is really very easy to follow. That is basically it. You just plan your day out with the assigned servings (depending on how much you have to lose, how old you are, what your activity level is, male/female, etc). There are suggested menus in the program guide so you can see how to plan your day. There are also threads on this forum that explain it much better than I just did.

Check out the threads listed above the line, there is one for beginners and it has a whole list of posts that go into more detail about what the LAWL program is.

You will also see some people refer to their plans by the color (i.e. purple, red, etc and they will say 'with' or 'without' lites. LAWL sells "lites" that are snack bars, and the luna bars are the closest to them. Some people opt to use the lunas because of the cost of the lites. Other people refer to their plans by the number, 3, 4, 5 etc. Some of the LAWL centers have switched over to the newer "Feel Full" numbered plans and others have not made the conversion yet, so those members are still on the color coded plans.

Hope this helps clear it up some.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Dany

Here you go. Here is the link to the thread that explains the whole program in detail.
I couldn't figure out how to exit my previous thread without losing it and go to this one to copy and paste the link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658

Last edited by shshshhh; 09-08-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: messed up my tickler url
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote