Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #1  

Cool Rice Bran

I started useing Rice N Shine on Feb 28th of this year. Right off the bat my urge for sweets and eating in general deminished. I droped like 10 pounds in 2 weeks mostly because my whole attitude toward eating had changed. I wrote about on here then someone said it would be better and cheaper to just buy pure naturally stabelized rice bran and mix it with slim fast and milk since Rice N Shine is just rice bran with cocoa and vitamins in it and sold for about $40 for a 21 day supply.

I went to bobsredmill.com and bought a 1.2 pounds of it for about $4 but the shipping was $8. I went to a local health food store and and they didnt have it but ordered it for me from bobs red mill and now im buying it there for $4.69 and mixing it with slim fast for my breakfast.

I think the stuff is great. Ive had a bad weight problem ever since I was a kid and nothing Ive ever tried before helped. I was 285 pounds on feb 28th and today Im 265.6 pounds. My whole attitude about eating has changed since ive been useing it. They say if you have the urge for something its because your body is lacking and needs it. Maybe the rice bran is giving my body what it wants. Its not sold as a weight loss product but it is highly nutricious.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #2  
resident lactivist

I remember reading in one of the low-carb books that rice bran had the best fiber content of all the brans, but at the time it apparently wasn't available commercially. It's good to hear that it's now more readily available, & I'll definitely stay away from the Rice n Shine.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Increasing your overall fiber in your diet does work to help control cravings and such. I get anywhere from 30-50 grams of fiber per day, sometimes more. I love my fiber.
Closed Thread