General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default New Job, Daycare, New life!!!

Thank you again to everyone who posted on my other post about my daycare woes.

I offically started my job yesterday. I had an orientation which was cool it was so laid back I even know a few people I will be working with. I am so pumped about this job after going. The first few months I will be working 7_3:30 to get my training in. (Daycare is going to kill us in this time) Then once my 12 hours start (ALL DAYS LADIES< NO NIGHTS UNLESS I CHOOSE TO DO SOME OVERTIME!!! ) The schedule is a little messy and hard to understand but the basic overview is Week 1 48 hours week 2 36 hours week 3 48 hours week 4 36 hours, and so on. I will have every other weekend off so at the most I think I am looking at 3 days a week in daycare so that itself will be totally awsome! (we just have to make it through this **** three months of no money) They didn't really go over healthcare with us, but it is through the union (which my dad belongs to the same union and it is awsome I guess) plus 401k. I forgot to ask about vacation and stuff. All of my fears of daycare were gone after finding out what my schedule will be. I am truly excited.

I have to take in some stuff to the daycare today so I am going to introduce my children to the teachers and hopefully they will be able to play for 15 minutes or so (although Makie is not going to want to leave at all.)

I am so thankful to everyone that helped me get past my initial woes. I probably would still be a basket case without everyones help.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
No description available.

Congratulations! You sound very excited. Good luck with all the transitions.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #3  

I dont know if i wrote in your earlier post. But let me tell you this: Dont worry so much about daycare. It can actually be very construcive for the kids.

I have grown up in a daycare all my life (6months to 12 years) and I loved it. My mom and dad worked fulltime and I am very proud of them. I would have never wanted my mom to leave her job coz of me...I never felt like they paid less attention to me. I think I love and care for them much more because I knew they worked hard for me and my lil sis.

Your kids will learn language and social skills much better and learn from other kids their age how to react in situations... Toilet skills are also best learnt with other kids. And most imp, they will learn how to share and adjust to others. They are less likely to throw temper tantrums and be mean to others whn they grow up...

I work fulltime and may have kids about a year or two frokm now and I will keep my kids in daycare even if iwas free (atleast for a few hours to let them interact and be stronger)...

Goodluck with your new job!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I have always agreed with that willmakeit. I do think that daycare is excellent for kids. I never wanted to be a stay at home mom. The last year I have been with my kids every single day and I know every reaction, every scream and cry, I know how to deal with it. I know the workers at the day care are fully trained and will be really good with them, but they won't know them like I do. PLUS Tommy is a bit of a wild child, I bet they can tame him. I know the benefits will be wonderful for my children. I feel so much better about taking them over there now, versus early in the week. We went into the childrens play room at the Y last night (just so I could see how Tommy would be) as well as visiting the daycare yesterday. Makenna went right in and started playing, At the daycare Tommy wouldn't let me put him down, but at the Y he had a blast. THey will both be OKAY!
Closed Thread