Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Default Anyone tried Diet To Your Door?

I'll be starting Diet To Your Door next week as I really have no where else to turn. I thought I've been fairly good about eating and I still haven't really lost much, so I figured I'll have someone else portion my food and count my calories. Please let me know if you've tried this diet. Best.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

you might find info on that here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=194
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Suzanne tried it and really had a great experience!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...ad_our_Review/
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #4  

Default Just Ordered

I just placed my first order. I'm so excited. I've read the review but I'm wondering if anyone is using this service.
miamore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamore73 View Post
I just placed my first order. I'm so excited. I've read the review but I'm wondering if anyone is using this service.
Miamore, how has it gone for you so far, now that you've had a chance to try it?

I tried Diet-to-Go, and now I'm trying this one, Diet to your Door, which has changed it's name (Bistro MD, I think).

I really like the hot cocoa and protein cookies, and the pancakes are high protein and okay if you put berries and cottage cheese or applesauce on them (not okay with just the sugar-free syrup, I find).

The meals have been okay. Too much chicken is my only complaint. Their bean soup is nicer than the Diet-To-Go one (which was overloaded with green peppers, so that was all you tasted). Of the two, you seem to get more meat with Diet to your Door.

With Diet to Go, I tried the vegetarian and low-carb (not the low-fat, cause, again, too much chicken and turkey, bleh). The vegetarian was quite nice, especially if you skipped the stuff with couscous and with tofu chunks. Also, toasting the stuff with pita or in wraps made all the difference. The italian stuffed shells and macaroni and cheese were EXCELLENT, and the feta and black bean wraps (if you oven heated them) are fantastic. The egg breakfasts (egg white omelettes) are nice, and the pancakes are amazingly good. The waffles, bleh. Too plain, tasteless.

I would stay away from the beef in Diet-To-Go. Stringly and chewy and icky.

The sirloin steak portion in Diet to Your Door was generous to the eye, but I ended up tossing a third which was fatty and inedible. I also found that their sauces are watery, so you may want to add your own spices to perk things up. I found that with a rub of pepper and garlic, the sirloin steak with morel sauce was much improved. I ditched the morel sauce, which was nasty and tasteless.

The vegetables are serviceable and plain. No problem.

Diet to Go offers more grain items. Diet to your Door seems to be solidly in the low-carb camp.

So, for those of you trying diet delivery services, that's two I've tried which have actually normal cooked food, as opposed to the weird dehydrated and icky stuff on Nutrisystem (which gave me and most of my friends stomach upset).

I've not been good on the diets (I've added my own foods), but the calorie count is about 1600 on the Diet to Go I tried (you can opt for 1200) and about 1200 in the Diet to your Door one. I know if I was good and stuck to it, I'd lose. Those are diet-friendly calorie counts for a large gal like me.

I'll try to remember to post back when I've had the Diet to Your Door food for more than just a couple days...

And please, those of you who've tried it longer, post with details about what tasted good and what was awful, etc.

BTW, the Chicken Marsala was very nice. The bourbon chicken I found dreadful. Nothing like the bourbon sauce I've had in other places.

Mirtika
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote