Old 07-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #1  

Default Restarting Atkins

Hi everyone. I've been on here a lot in the past...had a brief time here where I went awol.

I'm back and restarting Atkins Induction today. I've been doing really well so far and have to say I already feel better. Eating all those carbs make me kind of sick -- which I'm happy about. Because now I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

The good thing is that I didn't gain any weight since I stopped Atkins last month. It has some how managed to stay off -- but at the same time, I've kept up my workouts and have tried to stay clear of carbs although not entirely.

I hope you are all doing well. Any fun chat to get back into the swing of things is appreciated. I'll be lurking around daily like before.
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Thumbs up Welcome Back!!!

Buffy!!!

Glad to have you back!! Restarting Atkins is the best decision you'll ever make!!!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Back and that is great that you didn't regain any weight. Congratulations on your continued success.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back buffy! Glad to see that you didn't gain any weight back! That's good news!
I know what you mean about carbs making you sick. TOday was my daughters birthday and we had ice cream cake. I have been telling her for the past few months that when her birthday came I would let myself cheat that day and have a piece. ( I also figured that I would have lost way more than I have by now) ANyway, I did have a small slice tonight and even that small piece is totally making me sick right now. I really have no urge to cheat! I just wish I saw better progress. But I digress!
Look forward to hearing from you and if you feel like cheating jump on here and read some posts or start a new post about how your feeling and usually by the time your done you realize that you have gotten past it.
good luck
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Welcome back and WTG on not gaining any weight during that month! And that you kept up the workouts is AWESOME!! You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it at that rate
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
I'm restarting today as well. I did gain when I was off but it only 3 pounds and
I'm hoping it's water and will come off fast.

Mel
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #7  
searching 4 the real me

Welcome back!! I restarted atkins 6 days ago and have lost 5 pds. I gained a couple of pounds while I was off but now it's gone plus more will be coming off soon.

Last edited by ssgtswife33; 07-22-2006 at 02:11 AM.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #8  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

That's fantastic. Congrats on restarting.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/205/155

Height: 5'6'

Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

Sanibel, My story is similar. A few years ago I got down to 123, felt wonderful, thought I could eat anything. Back up to 182 I went, then I low carbed and lost to 130. I maintained it a couple of years but added in a carb here and there, and then added prednisone and wham! got up to 186. I'm now at 177 and determined this is it. I'm tired of having everything from size 4 to size 16 in my closet! I got a new clothes catalog and I dog-eared all the cute clothes that I would like (can't afford but I'll dream ) and it's really helped to motivate me. I am so tired of being heavy and I don't want my son to always have a fat mom.

You will get plenty of support here, that's been a HUGE help for me.
    Idrial
    Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #11  
    Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back to Atkins, everyone!

I am restarting too, not so much to lose weight (although I'm looking forward to that too!), but because it makes me feel so good. I have lupus, and I've noticed a direct correlation between a high-carb diet and increased symptoms. I just figured, why would I do that to myself if I don't have to?
    tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

tipsygypsy, I have rheumatoid arthritis and I notice the same thing. I have so much more energy with lc. My joints are less swollen too.
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That is inspiring!!
    Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote