Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #1  
DD: 3, DS: 1

S/C/G: 155/148/135

Talking Another Bar Question - Sorry!

Hey gals!
I know we all get frustrated when people ask bar questions...but here's one more. I found a cookie dough Balance bar today. Has anyone tried this?
I noticed that the info breakdown is as follows:
calories: 200
total fat: 6
sat fat: 4
no trans fat
cholesterol: under 5 mg
sodium: 190 mg
potassium: 110 mg
total carbs: 22
dietary fiber: <1
sugars: 18
protein: 15

Now, when I compared this to LAWL Mint and Cookie Dough (my faves), there are some differences. Here are my questions:

Is 200 calories too high? My LAWL bars are 170-180.
How about the fat grams? LAWL=3.5-4
Sodium? LAWL=65-120
Carbs too low? LAWL=30
Protein too high? LAWL=8

Reason I ask is, I have been seeking a bar with a similar texture to the LAWL bars. This one sounded so appetizing, but I will not eat it until you ladies give me the go ahead! I just wondered if 2 of these a day (200*2=400 calories!) would slow my WL.

To tell the truth, if I wasn't so addicted to sugar AND didn't have so much trouble stomaching the higher values of meat, I would drop the bars and go without. But, I am afraid the cravings will make me cheat in an even worse way, you know?
Thanks for your help!
psycgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I personally wouldnt eat them, they arent close enough...try the Kashi Go Lean Peanut Crunch ones, they are really good!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote