Old 01-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #1  

Angry Anyone having difficulty sticking to a food plan?

Hi my friends,
I am trying to lose those last 10-15 pounds after baby. I have tried many diets over the years and have only found true success with OA.
Although my schedule does not allow my to attend a meeting, I believe the principles are "right on".
Problem is, my resolve fades as the day goes on. I am taking time off of teaching to stay with our newborn, and having a hard time sticking to my plan.

Anyway, today is a new day. I have a plan and hope to follow it. OA has a saying "Half measures avail us nothing." I'm one of those ladies who has one bite, only to lead to many, many more.

Just wanted to share and wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
Much love,
gracegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Grace, welcome!
I know it well. You start the day off right, but by mid-afternoon, you're tired and a little cranky, and the easiest solution seems to be to eat.
Why don't you try "being good to yourself" around that time. Have some healthy snacks on hand (ie: some precut veggies and a nice dip. Maybe some protein... a spoonful of peanut butter to charge your batteries...), and take a little time for yourself. Curl up with a book or a magazine... even if it's only for 20 minutes. Do something for YOU.

I love your quote, by the way... it's one of my favourites.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  

Default Thanks, Ellis!

Thank you, Ellis for your suggestions! I'll take you up on them!
By the way, I'm a runner, too!
gracegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

I sometimes get the munchies as the day progresses-- especially if I'm stressed. Drinking a big glass of ice water really helps me. It takes the edge off, gives my mouth something to work on, and helps me feel full. If I still have the need to chew, a minty piece of gum helps sometimes too.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote