Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #1  

Default Christmas around the office

I've been so good about my eating habbits here at work. I eat my oatmeal in the morning, Wheat Thins mid-morning, a salad w/chicken in it. But now the Holidays are here & all of our clients are sending chocolate, chocolate & more CHOCOLATE!!! Oh this is overwhelming. The smell gets to me and my weakness takes over me. "Just 1 piece, it wont hurt." How can anyone just have one piece!!!!
He likes my big butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #2  
LLV

Welcome, neighbor. I used to live in Westerville

I know what you mean about the office foods. Currently I'm a stay-at-home-mom, but I worked an office job for about 6 years (up off of Dublin-Granville Rd.) and every year around the holidays, the office kitchen counter was full of treats. Not just from clients sending things in, but from my co-workers bringing in cookies, candy, leftovers from huge meals, things like that. So I know how hard it can be.

A few treats here and there won't hurt you, but just keep reminding yourself that all those little calories are going to add up. This is what I'm trying to tell myself right now, in fact, because I've been doing so much munching lately and holiday treats are part of it.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #3  

Default Oh honey I feel your pain!

I am RIGHT there with you dear! Our team got a HUGH basket filled with chocolate and candy. Everyone has been stuffing themselves silly and they know that I am trying to lose weight and they come up to me with chocolate ozzing from the sides of their mouth saying 'you totally need to try these cookies! They are out of this world!' It is all I can do not to slap them. Just remember that you are in it for the long haul and we need to learn to say no eating that is not a right choice. Trust me the sense of accomplishment you will feel will all be worth it! Good luck and stay positive and strong!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #4  

I am in the exact same boat!! Holidays are really hard. We did this secret santa thing at work... and everyday I got sweets! Ugh... Oh well I guess we just have to stay strong! Good Luck!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #5  

Default Bty....

I live in Clintonville!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:23 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick30
I live in Clintonville!
Really? Wow, it's a small world, I guess

I grew up in Dublin, but then moved to Westerville and now I'm waaaaaay out here in Hamilton Twp. And I love it. Both Dublin and Westerville are just too congested for me anymore.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Every time special treats come around the office ask yourself if a couple of minutes of this treat is worth it, in the long run. That question usually stops me in my tracks, and I like the control of making a choice, rather than just saying yes because it looks good.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:29 PM   #8  

I grew up in Canal Winchester and moved to Westerville 6 years ago. I live in the old houses off of Westerville Rd. It's congested, but I love it out here!! My mother just moved from Dublin to Westerville/New Albany area now, much closer to me now . I dated someone who lived in Clintonville....yeah, what a small, small world
He likes my big butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #9  
Mel

Hey, this looks like the Columbus thread My daughter lives in Upper Arlington, can I post?

I work at a gym and clients are bringing me goodies! All the goodies I tell them not to eat are finding their way to MY office (and onto my abs ).

I've been moving all the baskets and tins to out of the way places. If I don't see it, I don't eat it

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by He likes my big butt
I grew up in Canal Winchester and moved to Westerville 6 years ago. I live in the old houses off of Westerville Rd.
Oh yeah, in the little uptown Westerville. I almost moved into one of those houses years ago. I worked at Manor Care Nursing Center for many years.

I do some of my shopping at the Canal Walmart.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Hey, this looks like the Columbus thread My daughter lives in Upper Arlington, can I post?
Wow, more neighbors, lol.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #12  

I find that it is much harder to taste something and then stop after one piece than to not eat any at all! And remember the saying, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!"

Good luck and wish me good luck at not giving into the big basket of Mrs. Fields' cookies some idiot sent us.

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #13  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annk

Good luck and wish me good luck at not giving into the big basket of Mrs. Fields' cookies some idiot sent us.

good luck! we got a basket of Mrs. Fields' cookies at work too. so far i've managed to avoid them. i just keep looking at the nutritional information and telling myself the cookies don't taste *that* good. (the ones i used to make were better!)

i just wish the people here would eat faster! i've had that basket taunting me for over 2 weeks now. lol.

kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #14  

I'm going to continue saying "NO" and on January 2nd I'm going to come in and announce to all of them that I haven't gained over the holiday and listen to them moan about their tight pants.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #15  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Today, the doctors brought out the Christmas stuff for the nursing home. My desk ended up taking EVERYTHING on it like a buffett.. So above my head, directly in my line of sight, was cookies, candies and all sorts of goodies! But i perservered, i did not eat ONE Single thing, and did not DIE! (thought i might for awhile though!)
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote