Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  
Doing it all over again..

S/C/G: 283/283/180

Height: 5'4

Default FitDay users: Who puts mostly custom foods in?

I don't like using FitDay's database unless I HAVE to...I prefer entering in labels and info as I come across them and then having them there for use later on.

Does anyone else do this?

Right now I have a list of over 300 foods and recipes I've entered in myself on my custom foods list
mandy71480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #2  

I try to "always" customize my own foods on fitday. I am one of those that have to see the exact amount of carbs, ect. That away I will know if one week I aint losing any I can go back and have something to look at thats accurate. Its a good thing you only have to input once!
I think my list is roughly 100 items customized.
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #3  

I have the downloaded Fitday and I wish there was a way to alphabatize your custom foods - it would make it so much easier to find them.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #4  

I love to add my own stuff but if I don't feel like it then I just look for something that's close to it.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #5  

I usually add everything myself except for fruits and veges that don't come with a label.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #6  

I usually customise some of our standard meals like stirfries etc - I have just started using it in the past few weeks, but I don't bother with fresh stuff and we don't eat too much packaged food.
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I'm neurotic and add my own as well, unless it's something where the generic is pretty intelligible and a very close choice. Or else really low calories to begin with. Like salsa, I just use their generic salsa. Or catsup, olive oil, that sort of thing. But I add in my own margarine, mayonnaise, breads, salad dressings, frozen foods, etc., etc. I probably have about 100 things in my list as well.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #8  

The only time I use their database is if we eat out and nutritional information isn't available. Early on I realized that I was waaaaay underestimating my calorie intake by using their information. It wasn't that it was wrong but obviously based on recipes vastly different from mine.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote