Old 09-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Stressed out!!

I'm so stressed and really need to vent I got back from a great 2 week vacation to my hometown on Saturday, I never thought I'd say it.. but I really miss it and want to move back. I'm tired of this crappy city I live in!! Anyways, I know I can't do that..

I came home to starting a new job, and while it's SO good to be away from my old job, I'm SO scared about this new one. I'm working in the same store as my bf, which stresses me out because he's sort-of my boss. I don't want to disappoint him, or anyone else in the store (who I've become friends with). What if I don't live up to their expectations of me?!?

Also, I've been commuting to the company's head office in a diff part of the city from me, it's 1.5-2 hours each way in rush hour traffic. FREAKS me out, I cry every morning on the way there, and before bed. It's kind of embarrassing to admit that I have anxiety issues.. so I hold it in. I only have one more day.. but I'm emotionally drained from it all.

AND!! I have work pants, but while I was away, I gained just enough weight to NOT be able to do them up. And I don't have the money to buy new ones.

The last thing? I finally figured out whats good for my body, and really know I need to do this for medical stuff. And it's SO frustrating to know what to do, and having to wait 2 or so weeks before I can afford to really do it.

Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better for getting this stuff out, I've been holding it all in. I don't want to disappoint anyone

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good to see you Aimee! I was concerned I hadn't seen you around in awhile.

Holding in your anxieties definitely is not healthy. Have you considered seeing your doctor and letting him/her know what you've been experiencing? Your doctor can recommend the best course of action for you.

As far as your vacation weight, it happens to almost everyone! You know what to do to get rid of it, so just do it!

Keep posting here--with 3FC there's no need to keep anything inside. There's always someone to listen to you vent.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm sorry things are so rough for you, Aimee. Settling into a new job is so stressful that it's likely magnifying everything else. Hang in there and vent when you need to.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Aimee good to see you and a big to you. I am sorry you are going through a rough time with your new job. I know when I started my new job almost a year and a half ago I was so anxious and convinced that I would be let go before my probation period. This was after working for the competition for 10 years. You enter into a new job, you have to start all over and it can be daunting. I know I doubted myself for the first 6 months until I started to get to know everyone at the new company. Trust me when I say, that it will pass. You will live up to their expectations, they would not have hired you if they did not think you up to the challenge.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Big Aimee

I know you can get through this. I understand the way you feel about Vancouver traffic, every time I come over there, I nearly have a heart attack! I couldn't live on the mainland because of it...it's just awful! I'm so glad you only have one more day of that.

I, too am very glad to see you back..I've missed you

I know what you mean about the pants. I have all these nice clothes that I was fitting into last year, and now I've got nearly nothing. But slowly they WILL fit again.

I just want you to know I'm here for you, I think your stress is understandable..but it Will pass.

You can do this

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/325/175

Height: 5'8"

You can do it Aimee!

And never be afraid to vent, seems like that is all I do on here! Also never be embarrased about anxiety issues, everyone has them, some worse than others, I have dealt with BIG anxiety problems for years, and I am not ashamed anymore, it's just who I am and a problem I have that I have to take care of, just like my other health problems. You will get back on track and do great!
zandersnannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Wow, thanks everyone for the replies! I didn't think anyone would really notice that I nearly dropped off the face of the earth for 6 or so weeks, I guess I was wrong!! It's nice to know that people care.

So I am DONE with the silly driving! Not only that, I did nearly the best in my class (we were doing a bunch of tests today). 98%, not to shabby if I do say so myself! It doesn't stop there! I had one-on-one training for my dept today, and it was supposed to be 3 hours, and it only took 1 to cover everything. I feel like I can do this job, even if it's still a little scary at first.

AND! I also found out I get a cost of living raise in 2 weeks, which will bring my hourly wage from 10.43 to 10.70/hr. I'll take it!

I am taking a slight break from weight loss to concentrate on my health, I'm sure I'll be around more though because I get to work less hours

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote