Old 06-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Faith regained

I had been maintaining my weight loss (mostly) until I started a new BCP earlier this year which made me gain 10 lbs. The 10 lbs were stubborn, 3 months of exercise and portion control wouldn't budge the scale. I went on vacation, came back with a few lbs down. I started Body for Life with a renewed confidence. I lost the BCP lbs and and as of today, I lost 10 more. I had almost lost faith in my body's ability to lose weight. I had almost lost confidence in myself.

15 more lbs and I'll have lost 35 lbs recent lbs and 100 lbs total. I'm going for it and nothing is going to stop me. I'm in the smallest size I've worn since I was in high school (a true size 22 pants as far as I can tell). My size 24 pants are falling off of me and I only have 2 pairs of size 22 pants and they fit perfectly. My shirts are huge on me and I've started pulling clothes out of the "too tight" bin I have.

I was at the gym the other day and I looked in the mirror and said "wow I look different". You wouldn't expect to say that from a 20 lb loss, especially at my weight but it happened.

Now I don't expect next month to bring me another 20 lb loss. If I lose 5 lbs, I'll be happy. Most important, I believe my body is willing to let go some of this weight and that is what I want.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

WTG on the weight loss, and most importantly on the perseverence!!! You stuck it out and kept on trying even when the scale wasn't budging and you got past it!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I second the WTG and would like to add that I sure know how it feels to think that your body has just plain ol' stopped and I would venture to guess that pretty much everyone else here has as well. So, good job on keeping with it, because in the end, that is really the only way to achieve success!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

that's great news. I'm a big believer in just keeping the faith and plugging on through it all. It's funny you mention that your body is ready to let go of the fat, I get that feeling too.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #5  
Aleecia

That's awesome Nelie,
You have such a great attitude. Thanks for sharing your prespecitvie on thing, it really make you stop and think. Glad to see you haven't given up.
Keep up the good work.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

That is great news and something that I really needed to hear. I think we all get discouraged when the scale doesn't seem to be moving but you stuck it out and the pay off I'm sure was worth it. I know you weren't meaning to but thanks for the boost. I have a tendency to lose faith at times but you have shown me what happens when you stick it out.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Nelie, I'm so happy for you - that sticking it out worked for you.

Most of my summer clothes this year are either from last year's "don't even try -- it's too tight" bin, or I'm wearing them as this years' big shirts. And that's 35 lbs down.

Don't tell anybody, but at 5'7" and 245 lbs, you can get into an XL tee shirt -- I still like to wear XXL to work out in, but I can remember when XXLs were really snug.

Sue
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #8  
Jennifer

Nelie, that is great news and a wonderful post. Sometimes it just takes a little change to see that we're not stuck in the same place forever (wish I could get a little of that myself these days ).

You have come so far already -- I remember when you stopped posting, and I was scared you wouldn't ever post again (I hate when that happens), but you came back with a VENGEANCE.

Well done! Oh, and I missed the other thread, but CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! I'm glad you found a great guy who seems to appreciate you so much.

Yay Nelie!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote