Old 05-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #1  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default May I re-introduce myself?

I have been gone from this forum for about a year, but I see some familiar names & faces. I had lost 30+ lbs when I was last here when my life got in my way. I had taken care of my mother in my home since she was in her 60's when her vision got so bad that she couldn't drive. It was a convenience for both of us - we were both alone, we both enjoyed the company, I still had kids at home that she was happy to watch, etc. etc. About 7 years ago she was diagnosed with a terminal lung disease and each year got worse & worse. When I left this forum she had gotten so bad that I literally could not leave her alone for any time at all & between her medical care and my stress level I was pretty much self-destructing. She died last September, and I went into a deep depression (we had lived together 20 years) and medicated myself with anything I could stuff into my mouth. Today I sit here 50 lbs heavier than I was the last time I was here, with my health in shaky condition. I have managed to get myself eating better in the last couple of weeks, but my support these days is almost non-existant because of the way I have isolated myself for the past year or so. Then I remembered 3FC and started browsing the forums. I was so happy to see some familiar names, so decided to jump back in. I'm looking forward to meeting you all again.

I was so sorry to read about pookie's mom. That's a very hard thing to go thru, even when the death is expected. But I'm glad she got to be there with her mom.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #2  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Back!!

I know exactly how you feel except it was my Dad. I went through some tough times before he died and after. Please know that we are all here for each other. This is an awesome place to get things off your chest and just write about it. Good luck!!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back....with WIDE open arms

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #4  

Welcome back!!! It is a long, bittersweet journey taking care of loved ones when they need you the most. Just be thankful you could be there for her. My Dad passed away from emphysema 3 yrs. ago in Dec., he lived next door to me. We were very close. It was hard watching him dwindle away that last month. He finally asked to go to a nursing home. It killed me to do what he wanted, but it was his last wish. Then my husband's mom was diagnosed with a malignant brain and lung tumors the following March. She lived in FL and spent every summer here in NY with us. So I flew down to FL and stayed and cared for her until Aug. when she passed away. In Dec. my Mom's congestive heart failure finally won and she passed away in the hospital after 10 days in a coma. It was a very long, loving journey, but we made it thru. It's just good to know they are not suffering. They were all "young" in my eyes. Dad, 75, MIL 70 and Mom 73. I knew they would go someday, but not so soon. It was very hard and still is once in a while when I let it bring me down. I just know in my heart they are at peace and watching over me and my family. I can't help but think they are behind my weight loss journey. I know I also ate my way thru grief. I finally made up my mind in Jan. to rejoin WW for the 4th time, and I am soooo glad I did. You did the best thing you possibly could for yourself by coming back to these boards. I just discovered them a few months ago, and it has been a life saver for me. Welcome back again...looking forward to your posts. We are here for you always!!
ripples57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #5  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the nice "welcome backs", especially the kind words from those of you who have been thru it.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Jerie ~~ BACK!!!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Welcome back, Jerie!

As Linda said, we're here with wide open arms. I hope your return here marks a time of growth and renewed health in your life.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Jerie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I was born on my mother's birthday, and felt especially close to her. She passed away in 1996, of heart failure that was sudden and unexpected. I still feel like she's with me, like a guardian angel. I'm sure your mother is too. Take care.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! Do-overs are quite okay here!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #10  
One pound at a time...

back!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote