Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chit Chat (April 3 - April 9)

I believe it's been a while since we've had one of these, so I thought I'd start.

Things are going pretty good with me. After another week of struggle I decided to try Sugar Busters and see if I can get rid of these cravings and stick to a plan once and for all. I started on Friday and am hanging in there. I am not having too much withdrawl and am still trying to figure out what I can and can't have. I have never been a big fan of any plan that restricts very much, but I don't seem to very good at making my own choices right now, so I opted for a plan that does alot of that for me!!

Other than that I am just looking forward to summer!! Can't wait!!

My knee has been hurting me for a while, but last Tuesday it really swelled up. So as much as hated to, I went to the doctors. He did an x-ray and it didn’t show any problems, so I think my knee is just unhappy about all the weight!!

How are you??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #2  
maintainer wannabe

I'm doing ok. Last month my dh started working Fri to Mon 2 to 10 pm so we are adjusting to that. One of the harder parts is eating lunch on time. I rarely eat what they eat so that makes it easier. They don't seem to be as picky so don't mind eating easy stuff. I would normally want better food. I didn't gain the weight eating chicken nuggets lol

Robyn is 9 months and I just stopped nursing. Normally I gain weight while nursing. I'm a calorie counter so I was wondering how it was going to affect me. I feel less tired and I'm not as cold anymore. I have been increasing my exercise so maybe its that.

Here is Robyn

Sandi, I hope it helps with your cravings. I know I do something like sugar busters and I just seem less hungry.

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sandi - I am a sugar eater myself,its a bad addiction. I'm finding little things here and there that seem to help with that, the best thing I'm finding these days is cut up grapes with low fat yogurt, hits my sweet spot. Don't you wish for problem-free knees? Mine are pretty bad (thanks to a snowboarding accident when I was younger), I've been doing squats to try and make them better, they also make my butt look better too

Catherine - Robyn is SO cute, I seriously don't know how you manage with 11 kids! i'd go insane, thats how I know I'm not ready for kids yet! What type of eating plan are you doing?

I'm still on my 5 week vacation from work, I'm working into week 3.. I feel rested from being away from work. However I had some high expectations regarding weight loss and I am not meeting those just yet. I am training for a 10km walk, and am hoping to run part of it. Today was the walking portion of my training, I walked for 90 minutes, in the rain to boot! It gets easier and easier each day, the walking is becoming like second nature, its that running stuff thats the challenge. I have 3 weeks left, my body is transforming into one of a fit person (toned calf muscles!), I just have to figure that diet stuff out some more.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #4  

11 kids! Way too cool. You are truly blessed. My husband actually got up to look at your picture. We love big families!

Lill/Elva
Lill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Thanks for starting this Sandi, I did not see the Yadda Yadda thread for March. I am loving the new kickboxing that I am doing at the local martial arts studio (plus the instructors are not bad to look at ) For some reason, I am really paying for the time change this week, I am really dopey today. I know what you mean about can't wait for summer. I have already put my vacation in for the work schedule this year. I am doing two canoeing trips this year which I am really looking forward to. I am still enjoying being on Jenny Craig, which is good. I think when you enjoy what you are eating, that is definately half the battle.

How about a big shout out to those of the veteren chicks we have not heard from in awhile:

Kimberly (Gardenwife) and Howie-how is the recuperation going?
Sarah-How did the move go?
Goddess Jessica

and anyone else I may have forgotten
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #6  
DNR
Determined Woman

Hi all,

Sounds like we have some new people joining our group and the rest of us are hanging in there as usual. I hope everyone has a good week!

My son and the mother of my new granddaughter (3 weeks old now) are getting married today - they will have a reception this summer. I was in my closet this morning trying to find something a little nicer to wear to the ceremony today and what a mess my closet is. Everything as far as a skirt or dress hangs on me like a sack so I picked the best of the bunch and that's what I'm wearing. It's a skirt and top and both are too big but the fabric is soft and drapes well so I'm getting by with it for today. The shoulders keep falling off though - oh well. I guess it's time to get something new. I have been buying a few other things here and there but don't want to spend a lot of money, only to have them too big again in a month. So, I'll do the best I can. It's a nice problem to have though and puts me in the proper zone for keeping on doing what I'm doing.

By August (their reception) I want to have another 40 lbs off so I'm going to stay the course and stay on program as much as I can. There will be many people there who haven't seen me in a long time and have never seen me thin (especially my ex-husband). This kind of thing keeps me going even though it's a little evil.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #7  
Downsizing Dee!

Sandi - thanks for starting the thread, it's nice to catch up with everyone. Sorry to hear about your knee problem, hopefully you'll on the mend in no time at all. I don't know much at all about SB but I do know it's quite popular. Perhaps it's just what you need, I love to find the cheese and bacon busters, I'd be all over that one. Keep us posted!

Catherine - Robyn is such a little cutie, when are you planning for the next one? I had a look at your website, and I must admit I'm pretty impressed with the recipes there. I can't wait to try making my own hotdog buns. For sure I'll give it a try when we host a big barbeque sometime this summer. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Aimee - I'm still jealous of your you time. What amazing dedication. Are you managing to get any site seeing done while you're there?

Lill - you mentioned that you loved big families - do you have one yourself? No kiddies for me yet - perhaps in the next couple of years.

Carol - I'm tempted to come out and join you some weekend for a kickboxing session. Sounds like so much fun. Have you done a canoe trip before? I did several when I was in high school and I loved them. Perhaps it's something I should try again. Now the trick is to get DH into a boat (which you would think would be an easy task since he's a Newfie, but no go .

I'm chiming in to get some updates on the long lost chicks. Eveyone that Carol has mentioned and so many others too. Has anyone heard from Linda (famograhm, sp?). How did the benefit go? Any news on a new place for your mom?

DNR - how exciting, your son's wedding. I hope you celebrate the day in a special way. A summer reception will be very nice and you'll be absolutley smashing!

I'm still plugging away at the eating and exercise. It's April now so our cruise is this month. Lots of clothes to buy. I can honestly say I have nothing. No shorts, tanks, shoes, bathing suit, formal wear. I think I'm a little more excited to go shopping for a new wardrobe than the cruise (I'm sure that will change as the time gets shorter).

Since it's spring now I'm going to get started on the spring cleaning this weekend and we'll be full force into renovations come May. Seems like all we do is change room colours, add/update furniture. I love to do it, I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

Cheers!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #8  
One pound at a time...

Anytime Dee, I think I can bring a friend. The Saturday class can be quite nasty, but it does get your aggression out, and boy, do you sweat up a storm. I did one canoe trip last year (first time for Kiley) for three days. It was up in Haliburton and I had a really good time. Only downside was I did not set the groundsheet correctly, and it poured rain the second night and my tent flooded. Kiley looked like death warmed over, and slept for the 4 1/2 hours on the drive home. This year it is Algonquin (can't get more Canadian than that ) and Killarney.

I am so jealous of you going on the cruise. You will have to post some pictures when you get back. Enjoy the shopping! Shopping for a new wardrobe is the best!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Dee - I'm jealous of your cruise! I come to Seattle probably 4-6 times a year, and have been doing so for the past 4 years, not too much left to see really, heh. We are taking a ferry to some little island for the day on the weekend though, it'll be nice, it's just beautiful here, 17degrees C.

Carol - I love kick boxing! I used to take a class, it was a lot of fun, and you sweat SO much. Have you tried one of those ball classes? I used to really enjoy those as well, there unfortunately isn't a good option for a gym near my house, so I miss out on all those things. I now have workout tapes, I have Billy Blanks Tae-Bo tape, wow, he really kicks your butt! BTW - Killarney as in Manitoba? If so, my granny used to own like 10 houses there, I remember spending some time there. Boring time, but time all the same. Interesting to hear that name again.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

I like the idea of this thread -- seems like a great way to get to know more of you, being the relative newbie I am.

Have a busy week here, and am heading to a Shakespeare/Renaissance conference to deliver a paper this weekend. Getting the news that my paper was chosen for presentation was a big motivation for me to start watching my diet & get exercising -- again! I had practically outgrown my pants to my suit, and was mortified by the thought that I might be the fattest person there. Well, the pants fit now; I'll have to wait and see about the other!

Sandi, my knees have been killing me all winter long this year, too. I'm hoping the warmer weather combined with walking/stationary biking 3-4 times a week will help. I see some improvement, but still have a way to go.

Keep up the good work, everyone! And thanks for all of you sharing your triumphs (and struggles) on this forum!
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #11  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hi folks! I'm kinda new to this section of the board, but I wanted to say hi... Hi! I'm from Florida, where it's already too hot to walk during the day (where did Spring go?), but so far the nights are still fine - hubby and I just came back in from a great walk.

We were quite naughty for dinner, though, and as we were walking I mused that it's too bad you can't bottle that awful feeling you get in your tummy after eating something like a giant greasy cheeseburger. If I could take a draught of that every time I craved garbage.... or if I could even just vividly remember it long enough to change my mind...

So, good to meet ya'll... Happy Tuesday (or Wednesday, depending)!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 AM   #12  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi All,

It's really nice to catch up on what everybody is doing. I am living vicariously with all this talk of cruises, kickboxing and new wardrobes. Fun, fun, fun.

Also Sandy, I have similar type knee problems and my doctor sent me to physical therapy to strentghen the muscles around my knee and it really helped. While I am losing I need every advantage I can.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It's Thursday and things are going well. Just trying to stay on top of things and make good choices. I feel like an addict who is clean. I am not cheating on my plan. I feel as if I don’t dare cheat because I have the tremendous fear that it will spark what is now lying dormant.

Busy weekend coming up. We have a pizza & cake birthday party on Saturday at a restaurant. That will be challenging. But It's only 2-3 hours out of 1 day. I can use pure willpower for that long.

Survivor is on tonight!!

Mabear - What a cutie Pie Robyn is!! OMG!!

SwimGirl - Don't forget the scale isn't your only tool of measurement. Think about how much more you can do on a day to day basis. Do you feel better??

ChocLabLover - You really got me thinking with your post. When I get some of this weight off and my legs begin to feel better - I hope to adopt a more active social life. I have never been canoeing or kickboxing or anything like that. Sounds like fun!!

DNR - What a problem to have!! Everything too big!!! Can't wait myself!!! I think I'd be buying me something SUPER sexy to make that ex drool!!!

newfiedarling - Where are you going on your cruise?

dustdiva - I really like these threads too. We help each other out so much in the weight loss area, but I like to know other stuff too!!!

dalai_lala - Welcome!! Glad to have you!!

activeadventurer - I was thinking I'd give it 4 or 5 weeks, start getting the weight off and if there isn't some improvement, I'll go back.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #14  
maintainer wannabe

Well I didn't do so well the past couple of days but I'm doing fine today. Being married to your greatest supporter is wonderful until he feels like partying. We are perfect at getting each other to fall off plan.

Aimee I'm not on any real plan. I mostly eat veggies with some lean protein. I don't count potatoes. I gave up forcing myself to eat grains. Then I noticed that I was less hungry and had fewer cravings even though I was eating less calories. I might have gone insane if I suddenly had 11 kids. We've been adding them one by one lol.

Dee: I'm still hoping for an April baby. If the next baby follows the same spacing as the last 3 I'll get my April baby in 2007. I wrongly assumed you were holding your own baby in your progress pics. You are looking great BTW! I'm not much of a clothes shopper but I'd be excited over needing new clothes. Hmm I probably have the same problem lol. Good luck with the buns. I haven't done much updating on my site. I don't have anything about losing weight on it even.

Carol: We had that happen on our first camping trip. Our oldest dd was 7 months. She was sleeping on a folded sleeping bag. It had rained. She woke up with a smile but when we pulled her out of her bag we found out she was soaked! Luckily it was warm.

DNR: Congrats on your new grand baby. Those little evil motivations are fine but you are really doing this for you since you are really worth it unlike mr x.

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #15  
One pound at a time...

Sandi-to tell you the truth, I am still self concious about how I look (especially in the summer). I saw the picture of me in a bathing suit last year when I was camping, and all I can say is OY! (to quote GoddessJessica). However, I figure if I do not go out and get a life, I never will. I have always said to myself, that once I get the weight off, I will do this or that. Well, the weight ain't off, so to avoid being a hermit I just go out and do it anyway, other people be darned

Aimee-I have done ball excercises at a former gym and I liked it. I do not have any excercise tapes at home because I like to excercise outside of my house, plus major space limitation and an active labrador retriever who likes to be involved in anything I do. I do kickboxing at a local maritial arts studio, and it is taught by the black belts, so you can just imagine what they put you through. I love being taught by guys. I find they push you harder and do not put with any cr*p.

Catharine-I went on your home page and had a trip down memory lane with your pictures of LaRonde. I grew up on the West Island in Quebec, and that used to be a great hangout when I was a teenager. I hoping to pick a better tent this year to avoid the whole flooding of the tent issue. I like camping, but I hate camping when you are cold and wet.

Welcome Lala and Dustdiva!