Old 01-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #1  

Default Ping Pong

Hi guys,

I am back yet again, after sadly another relapse. Just before the holidays I stupidly let things slip - and fell off the bandwagon. A slip that continued until i woke up on my 31st birthday last week and realised what i had done. Monday i made a doctors appointment and talked it over with him.

I have made the decision to switch from Jenny Craig to Weight Watchers -
you can read more about it on my page here - www.losingpaul.com

I am going to spend the next day reading the boards catching up on the rest of you guys to see how you are doing.

Anyway - sorry for the absence, it's good to be back.

Paul
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome back. Happy belated 31st birthday. We all fall off the wagon ever now and then. Glad your hopping back on!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 AM   #4  

Welcome back Nash, and try not to beat yourself up. Slipping up is natural and just part of the process. At least you had the presence of mind to nip it in the bud before it got too out of hand. That alone is indicative of the amazing progress you've made in turning this into a lifestyle change rather than just another diet. What is it they say? Every successful person has had to start again, at least on last time. As long as you keep trying, you can never fail. So, again, welcome back and good luck, you're on the right path.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Great to see you posting again Paul. I could have written that post myself. I too have tumbled heavily off the bandwagon and I made an appointment to switch to Jenny Craig on Thursday because I could not find the time to cook for myself. Be proud that you have caught yourself before it gets out of hand. I think for me it will take several kicks at the can before I get it right.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

Hey Paul! Great to see you again - I was just wondering about you the other day. Great news about WW. It's a wonderful program and I think it's one you'll have a lot of fun with, especially if you want to enchance your culinary skills. They have lots of great recipes to try. How are the wedding plans going?

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good to have you back Paul. Like others have said don't beat yourself up. We have all had to restart many times. So we know how you feel.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Happy to see you back and ready to continue the journey, Paul. I can vouch for Weight Watchers ~ its sensible, it works, it provides support and its a program you can do for life (and no, I'm not a paid spokesperson)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome back, Paul!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Paul - so great to see you back. Congratulations on getting back on plan. I think your switch to WW makes sense. Don't sweat it, we all have those times when we fall, it's getting back up that proves we will succedd!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Paul and happy belated birthday.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad you're back--and good luck with WW! I am a WW, too, and really like it.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #13  

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words

While the original plan was to hit my first Weight Watchers weigh in/meeting Friday morning, I wasn't actually able to go untill this morning.

It was a very good meeting - and I really do think it may work as well as Jenny Craig did. Infact in the short time my local rep spoke, I actually learned a lot.

My change of food and exersize in the week before joining had good results. I went from 275 to 268 in the 6 days from being weighed in at my doctors and this morning. Very good motivation.

It's really good to see you guys again, glad things are going well Howie - saw your recent pic in the progress pic thread, you look awesome.

I will have more to say tomorrow - planning on actually hitting the gym (as apposed to the Eliptical in my living room) for the first time in a while, i'll probably post more about it on my webpage.

Dee- The wedding is almost all planned - my fiance just needs to decide on a dress, and we need to decide on a DJ - everything else is done - feels good.
Also - You have lost a tremendous amount of weight - congrats... When do we get to see pics?

Jill - love the location - made me laugh.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good going on the loss this week. Glad to have you back in here.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #15  

WW is a great program. Most programs work if you work the program... sometimes we get bored or just need a change to get us going again... welcome back.
MlleOdile is offline   Reply With Quote