3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   OT- Husband losing job (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/68266-ot-husband-losing-job.html)

Tammy32 11-09-2005 11:32 AM

OT- Husband losing job

I know I've not posted in ages, but I am around alot. I read everything on here. Sometimes I just don't know what to say anymore about anything. It's just nice to know that I can come here and read how everyone is doing.

We found out yesterday that my husband is getting kicked out of the military. It was a huge blow and gives me a huge fear of the whats to come and the unkown.

I am currently holding it together pretty well. I don't know how, but I am. This is a devestating blow to me.

dragonwoman64 11-09-2005 12:35 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hang in there, Tammy!

ChocLabLover 11-09-2005 01:16 PM

Great to see you posting Tammy! You know we are here for you! :grouphug:

MTHead 11-09-2005 01:29 PM

My husband has been out of work since the beginning of August and I am about to kill him. He is applying for jobs and going to interviews, but he is contributing NOTHING to the household right now and has not even tried to get a crummy part-time job in the meantime. I am so incredibly depressed right now, but everytime I tell him how I feel he accuses me of putting pressure on him. He is such a d***head!

wip 11-09-2005 01:34 PM

Good to hear from you Tammy. Sorry for the latest development. Nice to see a pic of you. Hope you are doing a little better physically also. Stay in touch.

Sheila53 11-09-2005 04:35 PM

Tammy, it's good to see you post again. I'm sorry about the unhappy circumstances, though, which certainly aren't what you need after all you've gone through. I do hope your health is better, and that you're keeping food down.

My daughter's DH is getting separated from the Navy at the end of this month so I can sympathize. She's still in, though, so there's another paycheck, but he's stuck trying to find a job in a military area because they can't move.

I'm crossing my fingers and thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

famograham 11-09-2005 05:15 PM

Sending you all my positive thoughts and prayers Tammy.

I hope you can find some clarity very soon :grouphug:

xox
Linda

djs06 11-09-2005 09:36 PM

oh gosh tammy.. i am so sorry. it's really been one thing after another. sigh. i wish i could do something to help. please keep us posted.

barbygirl43 11-10-2005 03:53 PM

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear about this latest blow. Like everyone has reminded me (with the uncertainties of my job) that everything does happen for a reason and there could be something better just around the corner.

newfiedarling 11-11-2005 01:42 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news, Tammy. I'm thinkin' about ya.

~Dee

Jen415 11-11-2005 03:51 PM

Hang in there, Tammy!

Gardenwife 01-27-2006 10:28 PM

I missed this thread, Tammy. How are things going now?

Tammy32 01-28-2006 01:46 AM

It is most likely Seth will be granted medical retirement. He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He attempted 3 serious suicide attempts and one in which he spit all the pills and did not swallow any. The 3 serious attempts where life threatning. We have a month or so to wait to know if he will be getting retirement. If he does not get it then they pay him severance. With retirement our whole family will still receive full medical benefits. Severance, only Seth receives benefits.

He will be able to collect unemplyment and with retirement he will get 30% of some amount that I don't understand. So, all in all, either way is better than him being seperated by administration seperation which could have been very ugly.

We will be moving to Virginia in the next few months. I'm over the shock of it now. I just want the man I married back. It's become very hard to adjust to person he is now. I don't know him anymore. I want to love him fiercely, but I stand back at a distance afraid of being hurt again.

I've just had huge life changes and I'm a little lost, a little alone, a little scared.

MlleOdile 01-28-2006 07:53 AM

Hi Tammy - sorry to hear about your circumstances. Since it appears that your husband is being involuntarily separated, has your husband talked to legal counsel? They can be helpful in helping you get the best outcome. Things will get better...

glynne 01-28-2006 10:12 AM

Hang in there Tammy ~ thinking of you.

rysmommy 01-28-2006 10:23 AM

Oh tammy, Im so sorry I hope something works out in the end be strong.. {HUGS}

Gardenwife 01-28-2006 12:00 PM

I just caught up on your blog. With everything going on with Howie, I got behind on a lot of blog reading. Thinking of you, plus you're in my prayers -- you know that! :)

Tammy32 01-28-2006 01:15 PM

We've been through all the options. We are well informed. Oh, I also forgot to add that if he gets Medical Retirement he will get a certain percentage of money from the VA every month. All total it won't be as much as we are making right now, but by no means are we going to be living in a box on the street. I think he is going to try to go to school. I just can't really see him doing well though until he is stabled out on meds. If he does go to schoool he can utilize his Montgomery GI Bill also. That is something like around 1000 dollars a month.

I will just be happy when I know dollar amounts as opposed to certain percentages then I can really start planning budgets and knowing just how much I am going to need to contribute for us to be comfortable. I am the thrift queen, so I can really make a dollar stretch.

I guess all that stuff does not stress me to bad at all. What stresses me is not knowing if my husband is ever going to be a productive individual to our family. He's in his own little world right now. I don't want to see him suffer yet I don't even know if he is capable of knowing when his meds are working or not. This is certainly a big challenge.

wip 01-29-2006 03:47 PM

Hey Tammy. It's good to see posts from you. I've been on and off here lately. Your strength continues to amaze. Hope you are looking after yourself. Stay strong

Tammy32 01-30-2006 02:49 AM

I'd love to say I'm looking out after myself but with all my time consumed with him and the kids right now it is almost impossible for me to even think about myself at all.

He was admitted into the Psych Ward last night again. It was a very rough night. I saw him today and he was still groggy from them sedating him in the ER. It's a long story I wrote about it in my blog.

When he is in the psych ward I find my most inner peace and am able to work on myself a bit. I know that he is safe there, and I know that he is being monitored around the clock. When he is home I am constantly watching him. Constantly making sure that he is not taking a turn for the worse. It's just alot of work that gives me no time for me. He's so out of touch right now he is not even capable of watching the kids. So, I'm going to have to find some creative ways to start getting some control over everything that has occurred, is occurring, and might occur in the future.

jmacway 01-30-2006 08:23 AM

It is good to see you posting again, I was thinking about you the other day. Please take care of yourself so you can take care of your family. I hope your DH finds the help he needs. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ChocLabLover 01-30-2006 08:32 AM

I said it on another thread, but it is good to see you posting again Tammy! :hug:

barbygirl43 01-30-2006 11:28 AM

Tammy, you just keep remaining strong. You're going to get through this. ((BIG HUG))

mookie-bren 01-30-2006 09:29 PM

tammy'
sorry to hear your sorrow and the troubles you are having,MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
mookie-bren

Tammy32 01-31-2006 03:43 AM

It's been such a rough night. I have some really strange thinking. I sit here and ponder if I was thinner would my husband notice me more. If I was thinner would I just leave him? If I was thinner would he not have treated me like a total non-person for over a year and then just not love me anymore and go shack up with someone else? If I was thinner would I had had more confidence and been able to recognize that this relationship was doomed from day one because I felt like a total loser and was willing to invite anyone who accepted my weight into my life? I was eager. I was happy, I was thrilled, I was wrong. Have I lowered my standards my whole life because I thought I could not be accepted. Do I think I can't do better than the misery I am going through now because I am fat? I feel rejected in the present, the past, and in the future, even though it has not happened because right now I am making my future and my insecurites are stopping me from thinking with a clear head. How long can a person badger and punish themselves? I'm just so tired. I think I've hit rock bottom about my weight and my life, period. I just can't fathom another day like this.

Yes, I know the logic behind this is so very wrong. I recognize this. It's just my honest feelings. I know that I don't deserve to put myself down like that. No one should ever have to feel this way. I'm so sick (literally) letting my weight dictate my life. It's sad and it is years wasted on utter crap. Do I feel like changing it? Nope, I feel like just hiding in a corner and being alone. I let my weight rule my life. It leads me around by a big choker collar and a very short leash that can be yanked, pulled, suffocating. I abuse myself like a bad dog owner abuses his dog. The dog soon submits completely to the owner. I'm the dog.

Five minutes after I send this I will regret doing so. I just don't care. This is what being fat can do to you and it is ugly, very ugly. I'm lost, I'm consumed by my own flesh. I know this is a heavy topic. I'm sorry if my words offend anyone, it was not my intentions.

If I was thinner.........

goalnorolls 01-31-2006 04:28 AM

If you've hit rock bottom then you only have one way to go and that is up.

Don't concentrate on the negatives - concentrate on the positive. You deserve love and respect. You are a beautiful woman.

Change that inner voice to what you want to hear. If you are being treated less than human then its time to move on. You are the owner...The weight is the dog, the lowered standards is the dog, that voice in your head is the dog. The good things is that you can train dogs.

You will get past this- make a list of things that will make you happy. Maybe volunteering for a good cause that you support. Think of a hobby you can take up. treat yourself. The point is that you need to recognize what makes you -you. Celebrate the person. The fat will not be gone tomorrow so there is no point in letting that stop you from being who you want to be.