3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh-in: Sept. 19-25 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/65414-weekly-weigh-sept-19-25-a.html)

newfiedarling 09-19-2005 09:07 AM

Weekly Weigh-in: Sept. 19-25

I guess I'll get the week rolling. I'm down 3 this week - oh so close to Onederland!

~Dee

irishgreengables 09-19-2005 09:18 AM

OMGoodness -- you are SSOOOO close. It;s going to happen before you know it. This is your last 2 lbs. in the 200's EVER! Isn't that exciting? You know, we are going to expect a run down of what you're doing when you get there.

For me, I am down a whopping .8 lbs. Ah well. SInce I was down 3.2 last week, I won't complain. I am actually pretty proud that I managed to lose after a weekend of the MIL -- who is my #1 sabateur! I found that exrercising int he mronings during her visit was the key. It kept me motivated to stay on track.

barbygirl43 09-19-2005 11:01 AM

You go Dee that is awesome. I'm sure we'll be reading about you makin ONEDERLAND next week.

Paula--good for you for staying on track with MIL visit and like you said that is a 2 pound loss per week.

I'm up again this week to 274. I am back on track today but I won't weigh in for two weeks. :)

getfitt 09-19-2005 11:41 AM

Congrats! I can't wait until I am in wonderland myself..what a feeling! :cheer:

Paula, don't beat yourself up. Your doing great!

Dawnyal, keep up the great work!

I weightin on Mondays and today is the first day..so I'm at 272. I can't wait to get rolling! :)

Mom2Gillian-n-Alexan 09-19-2005 12:58 PM

349.4 This morning, I dont know how accurate that is because I am sick, but, we will see next week.

unheardkoala 09-19-2005 01:23 PM

yah down 6lbs this week. yeah.

howie6267 09-19-2005 01:30 PM

Wow Dee you will be seeing onederland before you know it.

I did not weigh in on Friday because we were out of town. However when I weighed in on Saturday I was up 9 lbs. We were pretty bad on the road. It was mostly water because since I've been home I've went down 3 lbs each day so I'm only up 3 lbs from last weeks weigh in now. I should be at maintain or a loss by friday so we will see. I have got to learn to travel better. At least when my surgery comes we will be staying with friends who also follow the American Heart Association diet.

mezmerize 09-19-2005 03:48 PM

newfiedarling - Aww I bet that feels great!

Paula -even that .8 will add up you did good.

Dawnyal - That is how we get to the end never giving up! Cheering you on!!!

getfitt - LOL at the Avatar.. very funny.

Mom2Gillian-n-Alexan - Send virtual low fat/low salt chicken soup.

unheardkoala - Wow a 6lbs loss would be nice if I seen numbers like that!

Howie - That water can sure play with the scale. I'm sure you'll have it off in no time. Traveling is so hard.

As for me I'm down 2 lbs.

Jen415 09-19-2005 04:03 PM

I'm up 7 lbs....had a weekend away with friends and threw my plan out the window.

When will I learn that just because my daily routine changes a bit that it does not give me license to go off my plan!!!!!!!!

SillyFluff 09-19-2005 07:49 PM

Well today was the first weigh-in from when i started...

I'm happy to say that I am down 7lbs.

Thanks so much for all the support guys. I know I can do this and yall are all helping me along.

RealCdn 09-19-2005 08:01 PM

Congrats to all who are down, and forget and move on for those who are up.

Me, I'm down six pounds from last Monday, which I suppose might as well become my new 'weigh-in' date since that was the date I got back into a routine. That's of course because I was eating so badly in the weeks before. :p

Anne

SwimGirl 09-20-2005 12:51 AM

Dee - you are so close, Congrats :)

Wow, some big numbers from a few of you... 6 pounds... 7 pounds, thats GREAT :)

I jumped on my scale today, my normal weigh in date is Thursday's, but when I got on the scale on Thursday it said I was up 5.5 pounds, with TOM, I just could not handle that, so it ended yesterday and I braved the scale. I did some damage, and am up 1.5 pounds.. I can handle that a WHOLE lot better!!

-Aimee

tuckytex 09-20-2005 03:32 AM

hello everyone!

You have all done so awesome!! I am down 2 more pounds this week which to me is absolutly amazing because food wise and frankly exersise wise the last 2 weeks were kinda bad! I guess I had the saving grace of doing lots of exersise the weeks before. Now just think how good I would have done if I was a good girl!?!? I am excited because next week I am hoping that I will get under the 400 mark, OMG I just admitted it, I weigh 400 lbs I can't believe it it sounds so horrible I hope noone I know ever reads this (because I am sure noone can tell I am fat *LMAO*) Keep it up guys!!
Dani

howie6267 09-20-2005 08:04 PM

You will get there Dani. I was almost 500 lbs when I started. I know how it is to look at that much to lose. It happens quick though. Just keep at it and all those 2 lb loses add up.

RealCdn 09-20-2005 08:39 PM

Dani - I was over 400 when I started. It's not an easy journey, but it is attainable. Really, it is.

Anne

synger 09-21-2005 09:37 AM

I'm down two pounds this week. Every little one and two pound loss really adds up over time. Just one pound a week is over 50 pounds in a year!! Keeping that in mind really helps me when I start getting overwhelmed by the amount I still have to lose or discouraged by the slow pace of it all.

jenhai 09-21-2005 09:59 AM

Wow. Everyone here is doing such a great job. Keep on! Well, I weighed in last wednesday after 2 weeks - I was down 4 lbs. Then I peeked at the scale yesterday while in the locker room and noticed 3 more gone. . .. GONE!!!! YEAH!!!! GONE!!!! So, happy to see things starting to change! Long and short, down seven since last time. J

jmacway 09-21-2005 05:40 PM

I gained 2 pouonds. Guess I didn't stick to my goals very good for the 3 weeks I was gone

DeterminedInGA 09-21-2005 07:48 PM

Good job ya'll! Even those of you that gained a little should give yourself a pat on the back because you came here and acknowledged it!

I lost 4.2 this week.

newfiedarling 09-22-2005 07:52 AM

Great job everyone!

Joyce - glad to see that you posted your pic.

~Dee

matt_H 09-22-2005 10:24 AM

I'm done 3.5 pounds this week. I'm pretty much right at a 390. I'm also wearing pants at a smaller size (down to a lean and mean size 52).

howie6267 09-22-2005 11:44 AM

Good job Matt you will be under that 300 mark before you know it. It's so hard taking off weight that we have lost before. So many of us have been through this. I found that it does have one benefit. Since I gained 120 lbs that I had lost before and have now lost again, that I have a better understanding of what and how I eat effects me. I know I am much more aware of what caused me to gain the weight back and what I need to do to keep it off for good.

Before I would eat a set amount of calories and it worked. I took 190 lbs off. If I wanted a Big Mac and I had 800 calories then I had a Big Mac. The only thing was that kind of meal kept me wanting the junk and it just lead to more and more eating of junk. Then when I injured my back I slowly gained most of weight back because I did not have healthy eating habits.

Now I know what people mean when they say it's a lifestyle. I always hated it when people would say that. I would argue that you can call it what you want but it's a diet. Now I know what they mean. It really does become a lifestyle. I am now eating healthier than I ever have in the past. Getting all my fruits, veggies, grains, dairy, protein and yes even a treat once a week.

So I guess what I'm saying is for all of us who have gained it back and are now taking it back off. Use it to your advantage. Look back and see where you went wrong and correct it this time around. Find a lifestyle that works for you.

Jillegal 09-22-2005 12:07 PM

Congrats to those who've lost! Those who've maintained (or gained) keep going and I look forward to seeing your next weigh-in.

As for Howie...thanks for being here. Period!

famograham 09-22-2005 01:19 PM

Well done everyone ;)

I'm down from 194.2 to 192.4 this week, for a loss of 1.8 pounds :)

xoxo
Linda

YP1 09-22-2005 01:27 PM

Well done everyone.

I'm into another new decade, at 189, today :D

activeadventurer 09-23-2005 08:43 AM

Congrats to losers, gainers and maintainers! We're all still here. That's my bit of gratitude this week. And thanks for the awesome post Howie.

Joyce, I would count a 2 pound gain on a 3 week vacation a win. Besides with all the walking you did at least some of it has got to be MUSCLE!

I didn't get to the doctor this week to weigh in. I am abandoning the scale at the gym (I get wildly fluctuating readings) and have decided to start wieghing in at my doctor's office. I am going to adjust my ticker tape thingy up 2 pounds as this seems to be the diference in the two scales. Will let you know next week about my first weigh in at the docs.

Amzingly enough, when I went shopping this week, I was one to two sizes SMALLLER than the last time. Why I say amazingly enough is because I weigh MORE than the last time I shopped. I attribute the change to exercising consistently and lifting weights. Yeah!!!

See you next week,

Denise

Sandi 09-23-2005 11:29 AM

Good job you guys you are doing great!!

Howie - Since I count calories, I have been noticing the same thing. On a really good day, I could have 400-600 calories left over. When that happened on Monday, I filled those calories with ice cream. Did I need 600 calories of ice cream - **** No!! but according to my program, I could have them. :dizzy: Because of my food addiction, I will beat the system every chance I get. So to save me from myself I have added a new rule to my 2,000 calorie plan. Treats are to be 150 calories or less and I cannot have more than one treat at a time. We'll see how that works.

howie6267 09-23-2005 12:40 PM

Good idea Sandi. I have made up my mind not to have a treat day untill the first of the year. Of course that does not include Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am just talking about my weekly treat day. I really need to make it to goal. I want to be 245 before my surgery. I feel I need to be as healthy as I can for that.

I have maintained these last two weeks, Thanks to our trip to Baltimore and not staying on plan very well. Not staying on plan at all really. At least I have not gained. I will take that.

SwimGirl 09-23-2005 09:52 PM

I weighed in on Thursday, and was down 2.5 pounds that I had gained from that nasty TOM. Phew! Now if I can try and eat good despite this nasty cold... it's just so easy to eat bad when you are sick... well easy to justify anyways!

Congrats all you losers... consistency.. who knew it really worked ;)

-Aimee

boiaby 09-24-2005 07:39 AM

Wow, that's major Sandi! What a fantastic idea! Good for you for knowing yourself and your addiction well enough to enstate this rule, I think the little things like this are gonna make a huge difference for you. Keep it up sweetie, you're doing great!!

Beverly

wip 09-24-2005 10:05 AM

upset

I am about to vent so please ignore if you want. I am really blue this am. I am up 2 lbs, but I think that is just a symptom. I have had a crazy week. I feel petty b/c I know from following this club that others have all kinds of truly stressful things in their lives, but I guess we all have our own reality. Here are the things weighing on my mind:
- changes in weather. I can't believe the gulf coast is facing down another catastrophe as I write this. What have we done to mother earth and can we fix it??? Prayers to all those affected
-my kids. My 6 yo DD is downright beligerent sometimes and I can't seem to make a difference. I worry about how to correct the behaviour without impacting her self esteem. She will argue with me and then say things like "you just want me to move" then an hour later she says I'm the best mom in the world. I fear I may not be able to parent her positively so that she is a strong, confident, compassionate adult. Little one has an ear infection and DS smashed his thumb in the truck door. Not broken thank goodness. Just little stuff:dizzy:
-money - I make a very good wage but we are mired in debt. We make all our payments and are chipping away at the debt but I am always strategizing how to make do with less
-my health - I am MAD that I let myself gain all the weight I lost years ago. this journey is so tough and I feel helpless ( I know I am not)to improve
-Work pressures - 'nuff said
-exercise - having a really hard time fitting it in with everything else in my life. I like to walk with my MP3 player. My knee has been troubling me off and on over a year now. It is really sore the day after I walk. I finally saw the doctor this week and he suspects I will need a scope to clean up cartilage. Yuck I need to rest it for awhile and take anti-inflammatories
-I am leaving tomorrow on business for 6 days. Not used to travel and am trying to think how I can be healthy when past experience shows I will be tired and just want to hide with room service.
-I feel like a whiner and am not even sure I should post this. I will just to get it off my chest. I think my entire life is a continuous improvement project. Like my user name says "work in progress" Hope I didn't bring anyone down...I have read all your thoughts about lifestyle changes vs. starting over and I absolutely agree in my head. My heart needs to catch up. Thanks for listening. I am usually a positive person and will be "up" soon. :D

alphabetsoup 09-24-2005 11:13 AM

Awww WIP - I'm sorry! Just chalk it up to a bad day. Each thing in itself may be a "small" problem weighing on you but when you put them all together - ACK! I know how that is. I can relate to several of the issues you posted.

My daughter is 4 and I love her dearly - she is so smart and funny and just makes me laugh everyday. ON THE OTHER HAND - she is such a friggin BRAT a lot of the time. She's very bright - TOO bright! She pushes buttons big time and she says things when she's mad (b/c it's the only way she can lash out at her age). You know - I have bad days where I feel like a horrible mother too and I fear that her college fund (not that we have money to HAVE a college fund :lol: ) will be used for therapy in her adulthood. :lol: But, you know, when I look at the big picture - I know that she is growing up to be a great person - she's 4, it's her job to annoy me (and her little brother!). Hang in there - just the fact that you are worrying about it shows that you are a good mother who cares about your daughter. :grouphug:

I"m down one pound - FINALLY after maintaining for 2 weeks and moving really slowly for a month or so - I think I was at a plateau and I BROKE through!! I'm so excited that I just STUCK with it!! In that past, I would have given up long ago - but not now, I'm in this for good. YAH! 1 pound! Only 6 pounds to my first goal! :cheer:

boiaby 09-24-2005 02:22 PM

Oh WIP, honey that sounds so overwhelming. I can imagine why seeing the scale up 2 pounds may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I can totally relate to a lot of what you wrote as well. My own DD is a wonderfully precocious little button pusher who can make me want to pull my hair out in a snap. Money- constantly a weight on my shoulders. Change in routine due to travel- ugh! Screws everything up and I just can't deal. Mad at yourself for what you've done to your health- Yeppers, got you covered on that one too. My point is, you're not alone, and venting about it is by no means whining! How else can we support you unless we know how you need to be supported? So, you just come here and gripe all you want, and we'll gripe right along with you. And when we're finished, we'll put all of that unpleasantness behind us and get on with bumbling through our hectic, broke, over-worked, and under-appreciated lives. After all, we're all in this thing together. So, :grouphug: to you, and hang in there, this too shall pass.

Beverly

~~Sunshine~~ 09-25-2005 11:00 PM

Hello 250's!! I am now 258!! So far I have lost 65 pds!!

howie6267 09-25-2005 11:11 PM

Good going. It's always nice to see a new decade.

irishgreengables 09-26-2005 09:02 AM

That is awesome SUnshine. Love new decades!

TakinBabySteps 09-26-2005 10:42 AM

I'm down 2 lbs., which is what I have lost all month *sigh*. It's the right direction, so I'll take it. I keep telling myself that it really doesn't matter how long it takes to get there, as long as I get there!

Tiffrutherf 09-26-2005 11:15 AM

i'm new here

Hello all, my name is Tiffany and I have decided to make a life style change. I was reading your form and was so inspired by your messages... I just thought, i have to be a part of this... finally people who are running into and over coming the same obsticals ive been facing! I am a stay at home mom (I took time away from teaching 12 grade history) I'm 5 foot even and i weight 250 to date. I carry most of my weight around my midsection, and yes i have been asked when i am "due". I know that they say that you should be comfortable with your weight, but this summer it took me hours to find clothing to wear which made me feel "good" about myself. I found myself wearing the same 4 outfits (which coverd up everything and i ended up sweating). I keep saying i'll do anything to lose weight, but somehow eating a wopper or a pice of cake and not exercising is not part of that "anything" those things seem to over ride my desire to lose weight :?: ...well enough about me hope to hear from you all soon :^: .

matt_H 09-26-2005 12:08 PM

Hi Tiffany,

You've found a great place....please post often! You will find lots of support and encouragement here.

Tiffrutherf 09-26-2005 06:51 PM

Hi back, Matt

Thanks so much Matt! I've read up on your progress and your doing so good. What is it that your doing to lose the weight?