Old 08-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #1  
Taking care of me.

Default Diet Doctor on FitTV

Has anyone been watching the show Diet Doctor? It airs on Friday and Sunday night. There is a doctor/nutritionist who is reviewing several diet plans (one per show). She goes over the basics of the diet, works with someone trying to use the plan, and discusses the pros and cons with the creator of the diet.

So far, I remember her doing South Beach, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Perricone, The Zone, French Women Don't Get Fat, and some others that I can't remember the name of right now.

What's interesting to me is that many of them seem to come down to what basically looks like a low glycemic plan; lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, good carbs and good fats. And what I really like is that the host is all about moderation. If the person she is working with has something they just don't think they can cut out (like beer, chocolate, etc.), she works it into the plan.

This channel also has a show called FitNation. Sometimes it's interesting and sometimes it leaves me wondering "Why did they do a show on that?"
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds interesting...I'll have to try and catch it sometime.

Hugs,

M'Chelle
bonnieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Thanks for the info - sounds like something I'd like to catch. I'll have a look through the guide and see if I can find it.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

That sounds very interesting. I'm going to check it out. Thanks Marcia !! P.S. I live in the central time zone. Is it a morning or evening show. The reason I ask is our T.V. Guide isn't always right. Thanks again.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #5  

That sounds like a great show. One to guide us in the right direction. Do you recall what network it is on?
Thanks
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

If your cable carrier has FITTV, they run the shows several times a week both AM and PM....a lot of good info from both...also to watch are " Health Cops" who do personal one on one counseling for 12 weeks to help the person change their lifestyle and 10 Years Younger, which also advocates lifestyle change resulting in a younger physique and mental attitude. They set up realistic goals and show the participants how to get to them. Another good show is "House Calls" where they send 2 personal trainers to a home and show the person what they can do to get back in shape.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

It looks like it is a discovery channel branch. Here is a link to its page.
http://fittv.discovery.com/fansites/...ietdoctor.html
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #8  
Taking care of me.

Mez - I'm also in the CTZ. I watch it at 10pm on Friday and on Sunday evenings but not sure what the time is.

Marbleflys - I like Health Cops and House Calls too. I try to use some of Mark and Shaman's tips, especially the ones for people who sit at a desk all day. A lot of their two minute snacks look really good too. I would love to see an update on Fat Twosday (Health Cops) - he seemed like he was really going to make it. I just loved Mackey - a tough but bearable trainer. Another trainer I liked was the one that worked with the preacher with the whiny daughter. I don't think I could have worked with the ones who were forcing their charges to work on spiritual issues though, the tree hugger in particular.

Barbygirl43 - Thanks for the link. I can use it to look up some more info.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

My deal: I already KNOW what all the nutritionists, doctors, fitness experts, etc. etc. ad naseum have to say. I just don't put it into practice!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Jennelle,
Me too!!! It's the implementation that always gets me.....if osmosis was a diet strategy......
Lynne
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #11  

LOL I know how you feel, Jennelle. I feel like I could write a book on fitness & nutrition with all that I have learned over the years. If knowledge was all it took, I'd already be there!!
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Have not seen these but just set it up to TIVO tonight. I too already know most of the information but I find watching shows like this really help to keep me on track. I somehow gain energy from watching these kind of shows.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #13  

WOW - First by the way, I love watching the diet shows, makes me feel like I'm trying to do the right stuff.
Now back to the WOW - I just checked out the shrinking of The H Man - my hat is off to you - what an amazing thing you have accomplished - WAY TO GO!!!!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #14  
Born Loser

Thank you, it's been a long road but well worth the effort.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:38 AM   #15  
Born Loser

I watched this today and it was very informitive but the doctor is not very TV friendly. It just does not seem to flow for her.

It was on Atkins this show. I liked how she gave the pros and cons. It also talked about how most are doing atkins the wrong way. Sounds like the atkins people are revamping it to be a little more heathy I guess the words just not out yet. They are telling you to eat fish and chicken instead of the bacon and beef. Even if you follow it corectly it sounds like there are risk. It can create a calcium loss that women would really need to watch out for and take suppliments. I've also read whe it increases your risk of colon cancer. And if you eating high fat your risk of heart disease.

I like the show and would watch it again. Just not thrilled with the doctor who does it.