3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Baby Carson is Here. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/61879-baby-carson-here.html)

tolose85 07-21-2005 11:41 AM

Baby Carson is Here.

After a week long hospitalization, emergency C-Section and an all around traumatic experience, Baby Carson is here. He's a premie, 3 lbs 9 oz 16 in long. He's doing well but will spend the next few weeks in NICU to grow. Thank goodness, he doesn't need any life support. When I have more strength and time, I share more details. It was really scary. I went for a routine BP check and ended up being rushed to the nearest childrens hospital. I'll share more later, I'm sleepy :)

Please say a little prayer for my new angel. I love him so much.

SwimGirl 07-21-2005 11:47 AM

Congrats Gretchen! That does sound a little scary, Carson wanted to come out and spend more time with his mommy! Take care of yourself and Carson will definitely be in my thoughts.

-Aimee

DeterminedInGA 07-21-2005 12:09 PM

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a rough time of it though! You and Carson will be in my thoughts and prayers.

glynne 07-21-2005 12:30 PM

Congratulations ~ I'm glad you both are doing well. Thoughts, prayers and hugs for you and your little one.

howie6267 07-21-2005 01:14 PM

I'm so glad you are both ok. Congratulations. Keep us posted.

teapotdynamo 07-21-2005 01:20 PM

Congratulations, Gretchen. What a scary time this must have been/must be for you. Get some rest and fill us in when you're able. We'll be thinking of all of you!

Jillegal 07-21-2005 01:23 PM

My dear Gretchen, I'm feeling every emotion from A-Z for you right now! :dizzy: Immense relief that you're both okay, happiness that your little man is here that much earlier for you to love, disappointment that your first birth experience had to be so traumatic. :( But, Carson's here, he's going to be just fine and now the waiting's all over (you were a tad impatient, weren't you?) ;)

I bet all those people who figured they had until September to lose weight in the baby pool are a bit annoyed right now! :lol:

DishyFishy 07-21-2005 01:25 PM

Congratulations! Wishing you both the very best.

boiaby 07-21-2005 02:04 PM

Oh Gretchen, I'm so relieved to hear that you and Carson are both okay. I must say I was more than a little worried when I read about your pre-eclampsia (sp?) diagnosis on the pregnant/nusring forum, but I had really hoped it wouldn't come to this. It must have been terribly frightening for you and your family. I'm just glad that the worst seems to be behind you now and you can be free to get to know your new little angel. Congratulations and take care!

Beverly

famograham 07-21-2005 02:12 PM

Oh Gretchen!
Congratulations on making it through such a tough delivery and such a traumatic experience!
I'm so happy to hear that Carson is going to be OK. It's a tough fight when they have to come so early...you still had so far to go.

Take care of yourself and your new family,
and then come back here and fill us in.
Sending all my love and positive thoughts,
xoxoxo
Linda

lessofsarahtolove 07-21-2005 03:27 PM

Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!

GRETCHEN!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, girl!!!!! :high: Aww, you sweetheart, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that -- it sounds absolutely terrifying. :( How's Jeremy holding up? Now you both have beautiful baby boy who's going to get all kinds of extra special TLC before you bring him home to spoil him rotten! Welcome to the world, Carson!! :grouphug: Wow. I can't wait to talk to you and hear how you're doing!! I don't want to bother you....when can I call?? :hyper:

YAY!!! :cb: Gretchen had a baby!! Gretchen had a baby!! :goodvibes

These are for you, dear wonderful Gretchengirl:

taekwondomom 07-21-2005 03:47 PM

Congratulations! I'm sorry the birth was so scary! But I am so happy to hear Carson is strong and doing well. :balloons: Make sure to take good care of yourself so you are healthy and strong when Carson comes home! ((((HUGS))))

Sheila53 07-21-2005 04:23 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy! I'm sorry it was so darn traumatic for you and your family. Those few weeks in the NICU will fly by and before long he'll be big enough to go home with you.

barbygirl43 07-21-2005 05:28 PM

I posted congrats on the other board but I'll post it here as well.

Welcome to the world Carson. May you and his recovery times be quick and your family reunited ASAP.

shedilbry 07-21-2005 05:40 PM

omgoodness gretchen! first congrats! i hope everything goes well with the recovery for you and baby carson.

Goddess Jessica 07-21-2005 07:29 PM

I'm glad everything is ok. I always want to know with an event that is planned so far in advance and came a little earlier than planned, what the biggest/funniest/unexpected thing that occurs as a result. No diapers in the house? The nursery not painted? Ext. :)

newfiedarling 07-21-2005 10:16 PM

Congratulations!! Glad to hear everyone is doing ok. Blessings to you!

SuchAPrettyFace 07-22-2005 12:39 AM

Gretchen, congratulations to you & Jeremy! I will say an extra prayer for your darling boy tonight. Please take good care of yourself! We love ya! :) :cheers:

Sandi 07-22-2005 09:01 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so glad your bundle of joy is finally here!!! I'll say a prayer that he grows big and strong and gets to come home soon!!!!!

~~Sunshine~~ 07-22-2005 10:43 AM

Congrats to you all!

Amanda Panda 07-22-2005 11:23 AM

Gretchen - I am so happy to hear that you and your beautiful son Carson are doing okay after such a traumatic experience. It is excellent that he does not need life support - he's a strong one! God bless you both and I will keep your little one in my prayers.

All the best

Amanda x

unheardkoala 07-22-2005 01:25 PM

congrats on the birth of your very special little boy. Your all in my thoughts and prayers.

missaprylj 07-22-2005 05:16 PM

Congratulations. Welcome, Carson!

Hope everyone is well, Gretchen.

mabear 07-22-2005 09:33 PM

Congratulations Gretchen! Sorry you are having a rough start as a mommy! Lots of grow healthy and strong vibes for Carson.

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/272/155/212/

djs06 07-22-2005 11:07 PM

GRETCHEN!! I"m so sorry to hear you had to go through all of that. So scary. I know he'll be a happy and healthy baby and you and your hubby with be great parents. i'll keep you guys in my prayers. Keep us updated, kay? :grouphug: :goodvibes:

alphabetsoup 07-24-2005 01:48 AM

Congrats! I had the same experience with my first. I went to my 36 wk appt in the afternoon, had my BP taken (it had been FINE the whole pregnancy) - was rushed to the hospital and 3 hours later I was having an emergency c-section due to pre-e. It was mind boggling and so scary. Our DD was 4 weeks early and 5 pds, 7 oz - she spent 6 days in the NICU. The hardest part was leaving the hospital without her - I so know how you are feeling.

But you know, for a preemie, he's a good weight and they really do gain quickly once they get going - he'll be home before you know it!

It's not the birth you planned and it's traumatic - I had a hard time coming to grips with it for a while...but, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that YOU are okay and your baby is okay. Sometimes, it doesn't really matter how they get here, just that they GET here and are healthy!

Take care of yourself - get sleep and concentrate on recovering and just staring at your new baby boy as much as possible. He'll be home to enjoy that beautiful new room soon!

If you need to chat with someone that has been there - let me know and I'll give you my email address!

((((HUGS)))) Hang in there - it's going to be okay!!

Raelynn 07-24-2005 03:10 AM

Congratulations Gretchen, I'm glad you are both okay, I will keep Carson in my prayers.

Jenaya 07-26-2005 11:45 PM

Gee, take a few days away from the board and all sorts of crazy things happen. I am sorry your birth experience was so traumatic. From my time spent working in NICU, your baby Carson will be one of the big boys...No little two pounder here. He'll be the rugged quarterback in no time. Thoughts and prayers to you all...can hardly wait to see the pics of this precious precious little boy! Keep us posted, grab rest when you can and we will be thinking of you all.

Charbar 07-27-2005 03:46 AM

God Bless baby Carson!

Jillegal 07-27-2005 12:12 PM

Gretchen ~ how about an update? How much weight has Carson gained? When is his anticipated release date? How are you (and Jeremy) doing? Pictures? :D

Jennelle 07-28-2005 12:27 PM

Congratulations on your new baby boy! It sounds like he will be just fine. 3 lbs. is a good weight for a preemie. :)

tolose85 07-30-2005 11:10 PM

Baby Carson is doing great! He's been moved from the ICU at Hershey Medical Center to the local hospital in my town-- he's in a regular nursery! He's gaining nicely, he almost weighs 4 lbs now! He's still on the feeding tube as needed BUT today was a BIG BIG Day for us... he took 4 entire feedings by mouth! Gaining weight and taking all feedings by mouth are the last two things he needs to get accomplished before he comes home. We're looking at 1-2 weeks yet but that's ok... he's doing so great. Jeremy and I spend most of our day at the hospital by his bedside. We get to interact with him, and I am breast feeding him so its so nice. We don't have any pictures yet, I am hesitant about pictures because he has a feeding tube in his nose with tape across his face. I don't want him to know what he went through, I am still having a hang up about him coming so early because of my condition... I'm working on that one though-- I know it couldn't be helped but as a mommy, you just love your kids so much that you hate the thought of anything you did potentially harming them you know?

Carson will also be involved in a study! He is being used as against other babies born at his age (33 weeks) that have Respiratory problems and other issues-- since he had an uncomplicated course, meaning no respirator, oxygen etc, they will take mouth swabs from me and Jeremy to see if we have a gene that other parents don't have or if the administration of the steroids I got before giving birth played a big part in how well he did.

We are so pleased with his care thus far. His doctor is excellent! I just cannot wait to get him home. We may take some pictures tomorrw.. If we do, I'll be sure to post them. Thanks all of you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I know they helped! I couldn't have asked for him to do better at this point. We're still not out of the woods totally yet, but he's definitely on the right track.

We're really sleepy and have so much to do but it's totally worth it. I have the most precious angel in the world! :)

mezmerize 07-31-2005 01:12 AM

Gretchen/Jeremy I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy that is just wonderful!! Thanks for the update!!

Carson congrats on the GAIN!!! :)

taekwondomom 07-31-2005 03:06 AM

I am so happy to hear Carson is doing so well and that he's going to come home soon. :cp:
:bravo:Good work on breastfeeding him! It's no wonder he is gaining, how could he help it with all that awesome mommy milk! :D

Jennelle 07-31-2005 02:36 PM

Yay for breastfeeding! I believe that's what's really helping him! :)

djs06 07-31-2005 10:09 PM

Thanks for the update, Ms. Mommy! I can't wait to hear about how baby Carson is doing when he gets home and see pictures. You must feel so relieved.

hautbois 08-01-2005 11:57 AM

Yay, I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well! Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to his home coming announcement :)

barbygirl43 08-01-2005 01:17 PM

Gretchen I'm so glad to hear things are going well. He'll be home before you know it.

Sandi 08-01-2005 01:40 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us an update!! I know you must just be worn out! Sooooo glad to hear is is gaining weight and feeding on his own.

(((HUGS)))

Amanda Panda 08-01-2005 04:35 PM

Thanks for the update Gretchen - he really is an amazing baby to be doing so well compared to other babies at 33 weeks. You've got a real fighter there! It's great that are allowing the doctors to study him so it maybe able to help other prem babies in the future.

All the best

Love Amanda x

L