Old 06-29-2005, 09:50 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Suzanne is right. Don't worry about it's accuracy. You can personalize the program -- that is, program your own RDA's if you don't want to see that reminder. I think it just picks the lowest and highest as compared to the RDA's that are programmed, and alerts you accordingly. Seriously, don't worry about it. The program is excellent and you can completely trust it.

If you're curious about it and want to dig deeper, visit the Diet Power forum by following the link in the header; you can either search for previous questions on the topic or post it yourself. You'll get an answer very quickly.

I've used DP since March 2004 and I have complete faith in it.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:19 PM   #2  
30lbs gone forever!!

Default Diet Power Question

Does anyone here use Diet Power? I've been using it for the past 3 days and I love it, but today it told me in order to improve my eating habits I need to eat MORE cholesterol How can that be right???? I thought you were supposed to eat as little as possible. Anyway, it's making me wonder if it's completely un-accurate now.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if there is a recommended minimum amount of cholesterol to consume daily (I can't imagine there is!), and if anyone else has these kind of problems with Diet Power.

Thanks!
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #3  
30lbs gone forever!!

P.S. I had 34mg of cholesterol today if that makes a difference.

Thanks again!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Question

It is so weird that my response to Krysi shows as the first post, at 9:50! That's not at all when I replied to her question, which should of course appear FIRST in the thread! I actually replied after Jennifer, at almost midnight!

Odd. That's a first!

Edited to add: OMG! Now THIS is showing as the THIRD post, at 11-something, BEFORE Suzanne's reply -- when it's actually 1:00 in the morning! WACKY!

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 06-29-2005 at 11:04 PM.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:12 PM   #5  
it's always something

If Diet Power is like other nutrition software, it probably just has an RDA programmed for everything from calories to vitamins to cholesterol. If you are not on target, then it makes recommendations to increase, regardless of the nutrient. That's just a guess.

The daily limit should be 300mg of cholesterol, 200mg if you have heart disease - but that's a maximum, not a minimum. You actually do need cholesterol, it's used by the body in several important ways. But generally, your body produces all the cholesterol you need and you don't need to get it from your food. I think it's probably easy to get to much, so you do need to watch it, but I don't think you can get too little. You should probably ask your doctor or nutritionist about it.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 PM   #6  
30lbs gone forever!!

Thanks Suzanne and Sarah, I won't worry about it. Maybe I'll adjust the cholesterol RDA a bit to make it lower, I didn't know you could do that. If I had have read the help tutorial thing when I started using the program I probably would have known that already, but who has time for those things

Sarah, that is weird
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #7  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
It is so weird that my response to Krysi shows as the first post, at 9:50! That's not at all when I replied to her question, which should of course appear FIRST in the thread! I actually replied after Jennifer, at almost midnight!

Odd. That's a first!

Edited to add: OMG! Now THIS is showing as the THIRD post, at 11-something, BEFORE Suzanne's reply -- when it's actually 1:00 in the morning! WACKY!
That is weird! Well last night, we had a problem with the server around the same time I was replying to this thread, so maybe something got skewed with the database during the period. If you notice it happening with any other threads, would you please PM me? thanks a little worried
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote