Old 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #1  
On my way......

Wink Looking for a home....

Hi, I'm new, I'm motivated and I'm losing! Can I make my home here with you?

I'm 28, I've been fat my entire life and on every diet you could imagine... alone. That's why I'm here. I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life. And because I have failed so many times I know it can't be done alone. No one should have to feel alone when it comes to their weight.

I am married, to a wonderful man that thinks the world of me no matter how much I weigh. Thank goodness becuase I know there are so many women out there who are not nearly as lucky. But, because he loves me he doesn't see the need I feel to lose this weight. He doesn't know what I need from him although he tries. And if the truth be known, there are just some things I don't think he wants to know, or that I want to tell him. .

Ooops... this could have gotten really long, so I'll stop now. As you can see I'm a "talker". Hope that I can give and recieve all the encouragement I can. Share my ideas and reicieve some I never could have thought of on my own. So, can I make a home here too?
way2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #2  

welcome home!!

i just joined today as well!!!

good going on losing 9lbs!!! WOOHOO!!! i have one of those husbands too!!!
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

welcome you 2. You've come to the right place. I too have one of those hubbies.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Way2 and Chocolatecatz ~ consider yourself home. It is a great place ~ wonderful people ~ they are encouraging and understanding ~ you are not alone.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #5  

Welcome! It is always nice to see new faces and hear new stories! Please feel free to ask anything!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome! You'll find tons of support and information here...

Jump on in!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #7  
Learning to love ME!

Welcome! I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say joining here was the best thing I ever to did for my weight loss efforts. Lots of smart, funny, caring people here. Congrats on your loss!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Talking

Welcome!

The more the merrier, I always say.

I agree with gypsydancer, this has been one of the best things I have done for myself. Even though I may not always be losing weight, the info and the great people here have helped me to make overall healthier choices in my day to day life. They have even encouraged me to exercise. When i am in a rut, or if I am estatic about something, there is always someone here to share my experiences and feelings with.

I am also 27 (28 on monday) and been fat all my life too. I am also blessed to have an understanding hubby:-)

Hope to see you around the board!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 AM   #9  

Hi tehere! Happy to see another "Talker" here!

I am 30, fat almost all my life (I was not as a child but I thought so), singe and will be single for the rest of my life if I dont loose it!

Lets shed pounds !

What are you planning to do for start? I read somewhere that we need about 6 weeks that something becomes a habbit, and that we should change one thing then another and....I will stop eating sweets and fried junk. From tomorrow, of course
point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #10  
On my way......

Ok, I am going to give this another try.. I've tried to post this thing 3 times.. good thing I don't give up easy

Thanks everyone or making me feel so welcome! Everyone seems so nice.

Point - I'm not following any particular plan if that's what you mean, and I hope that is ok, I lost the first 9 pounds just by cutting out soda and trying to drink more water. I couldn't believe that it made such a huge difference. So, most of the first 9 was probably just water weight but hey, it's weight! I also have started eating more whole grains and cutting back in general. I'm trying to change little things day by day. I have a pretty good grasp of nutrition and what I should be eating I just never could put it to any good use. I always gave up before. But not this time. I really would like to know how things go for you please keep me posted on that.

Thanks again everyone! I'm so excited to be here!
way2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #11  
PamPSM644

You both are certinly welcome here. I depend on this site and with all their help I've lost 70lbs and so can you.Wonderful that you have a good support system. It really helps. Theres a club for every need and you don't have to limit yourself to just one. So snoop around. Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote