3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chat Thread: Spring is Here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/40004-chat-thread-spring-here.html)

Sheila53 05-05-2004 11:17 PM

Congratulations! What a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I hope you really like it--more money is fabulous.

looosingit 05-06-2004 09:36 AM

Woohoo! WTG SAPF! I love it when things work out even better than what you originally had! Let us know how your first day goes!

Jillegal 05-06-2004 11:31 AM

Great news SAPF! Talk about it being spring and starting things anew and all - good for you!!

Sheila, did you hear back from your potential daddy care-giver yet (re trip to Chicago)?

Sheila53 05-06-2004 12:10 PM

I did. She can't do it. I haven't been able to find anyone else yet, and I've been working at it daily. :( So cross your fingers and toes, please!

SuchAPrettyFace 05-07-2004 01:30 AM

Well that was short-lived. :mad:

Just checked the messages on my cell phone. The job doesn't want me back. How badly could I screw up in 8 hours that they didn't want me back?

The whole reason I didn't go to the job fair on Wednesday is because I thought this job was going to be for 4 months. Gah.

So. That is my day. How was yours?

How are you feeling, Sheila?

looosingit 05-07-2004 11:21 AM

SAPF - Sorry to hear that you didn't get called back for the job. They must be crazy! 8 hours on a new job is not long enough for a person to have an opportunity to show what they are capable of! Doesn't sound like they would have been a terribly supportive place to have worked. Boo to them!

SuchAPrettyFace 05-07-2004 05:34 PM

Thanks Kris!! :)

Well, I called the temp agency, apparently I made a mistake when I was making copies. Instead of correcting me, they just told the temp agency they didn't want me back.

I have to say, I've never used such a big fancy copier before. Oops.

I will find something, just gotta have faith. :)

What is everyone doing for Mother's Day? I got my mom a box of Godiva, and a book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

She also wants to go to Boerner Botanical Gardens. Everyone & their mother :lol: will be doing that, so we're not sure. Also, I'm allergic to pollen. I'll do what she wants, but not something that's going to kill me. :lol:

Jen 05-07-2004 07:56 PM

I think that is pretty dopey to not want you back because you made an error because you've never used a particular copier before! Probably just as well, any place that has that attitude is probably not worth working for.

You gotta know it is spring...I've jumped right into home renos! Today I started working on the front and back porches, they both need to be painted and I also put some seed on the lawn and watered it. It was a good day to do all this as it was cool but I was working hard enough that I was warm enough just in my t-shirt. I love spring, I wish it was this weather all year round.

howie6267 05-07-2004 10:09 PM

To bad about the Job. That sucks. I'm sure something better is right around the coner.

Sandi 05-08-2004 06:17 PM

SAPF - Sorry about the job!! I know you will find the right job soon! My mom is getting dinner at Outback (her choice) and a swarovski crystal snowflake - we both collect them and she broke her 2002 one, so I replaced it. My dad got her one every year - would it be bad to put one under the tree every year from my Dad anyway??

Jen - It is spring here too. I spent about 4 hours out in my gardens today pulling weeds. Bought some coco bean mulch that still needs to be put down. I am going to try an new technique to curb the weeds this year - it's called Lasagna Gardening You are actually supposed to do all these layers with compost and stuff, but a friend of mine said the layers of newspaper and the mulch works all by itself, so I am going to give that a try. I HATE to weed!!!

Howie - Glad to see you back!!! I missed you!! Is your wife back too??

Holly - those dresses are REALLY cute - and now you have the cute little figure to put in them. SO you say you haven't lost any virgin pounds. Sometimes maintaining is just as hard. So give yourself a great big pat on the back for not gaining!!!!

I am doing pretty well. I went back to work on Friday and am doing my best to keep my mom busy. I bought the Dr. Phil book and plan on getting back to business on Monday (*sigh* - I know waiting until Monday is ridiculous - so typical!!!!).

I am getting excited about Chicago!!! Still have to make my reservations!! But I will get that done soon. I think we have until the 25th. I'll double check on that!!

Thank you guys for being so supportive during this tough time. You can't know how much it means to me!!

Love Ya!!

looosingit 05-10-2004 10:55 AM

Sandi - I think that the crystal under the tree from your dad is a fantastic idea! I'm sure that your father would be pleased that you are continuing his tradition! Very sweet.

howie6267 05-10-2004 11:07 AM

Hi Sandi, Kimberley has hurt her hand and she is having trouble keeping up with the gardening site we belong to. She said she will be back.