3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chat Thread: Spring is Here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/40004-chat-thread-spring-here.html)

gonzostar 04-29-2004 10:50 AM

Chat Thread: Spring is Here!

i am loving this weather and loving wearing my new spring dresses. here's two dresses i bought last weekend on a shopping trek. the batteries on my camera kept dying so these aren't the BEST quality, but i thought i'd share. ;)

happy spring!

Tammy32 04-29-2004 11:02 AM

Looking great Holly :) :) I don't wear dresses right now, but I think once I loose a little more weight I might introduce them into my wardrobe. Great pics Holly..Indeed spring is in the air.

dowsx4 04-29-2004 11:13 AM

You look great Holly! Spring dresses make you feel so pretty dont they?? I just wished so many were not sleeveless...my batwings hang to much for sleeveless:(. I love the blue one but blue is one of my best colors. We are supposed to get an 80 degree day here today but so far the wind is really chilly.

barbygirl43 04-29-2004 11:37 AM

Great dresses Holly. They look good on you.

Tammy--Why not wear dresses now? I know for me it's always a pick-me-up to at least try on dresses because I know for me I can usually wear 1 to 2 sizes smaller than the rest of my clothes so I can at least say I have one outfit that's smaller :)

Jillegal 04-29-2004 12:46 PM

Those dresses are very pretty and flattering. I had to chuckle over you calling them "spring" dresses though - here you probably wouldn't be wearing thin, sleeveless dresses like that until August (unless you like the "goosebump" look). Having said that, I just heard on the radio that the temperature is presently 20c (about 70f I think), yet yesterday it was 3c and I was wearing my winter jacket!

Anyway, you look great Holly!

Sheila53 04-29-2004 01:39 PM

So pretty, Holly! Ah, to be able to wear sleeveless again. . .

SuchAPrettyFace 04-29-2004 05:53 PM

Holly, you look great!! :cheers:

Br00klyn 04-29-2004 09:14 PM

Holly - They are to die for! And look absolutely gorgeaus on you.. I especially like the one on the left...

Ahhh, I can't wait to wear dresses again and not die of heat stroke in the summer as I'm covering all my skin.... :lol:

artist 04-30-2004 04:08 AM

Holly, you look great in those dresses! I think you might just inspire me......I haven't worn a dress in about 15 years or more....but I did try one on the other day, just for fun and inspiration.....maybe I'lle pluck up the courage to buy one soon!

gonzostar 04-30-2004 10:51 AM

aww thanks, guys! i'm trying to inspire myself... did you know i haven't lost a pound since novemeber? well, i'll rephrase. i've re-lost but i haven't lost any virgin pounds since then.

i know, i'm lucky weather-wise. not as lucky as goddess jessica, but this week it hit 90 on monday and has gotten slightly cooler thorugh the week.. though i think it's supposed to be 80 today. with a breeze, so i do have a sweater on. and i heard next week it might hit 100! i grew up in sacramento, which is hotter than here, so to me it's not summer till it's nearing 100.

and yes, i know i'm spoiled and i could never live somewhere that it snows. i grew up a wuss, that's what happens to us california-bred people! :lol:

have a happy friday!!

Goddess Jessica 04-30-2004 06:49 PM

I heard someone mention my name? Yes, our weather has been wonderful the last week. I even shaved above the knee for the occasion ;) Holly, the dress are cute. The blue ones says, "fun & flirty!" the other one says, "sultry & sexy!"

I have had such a hard time finding shorts! I have thin legs and all the shorts I buy are so full in the leg, that they make me look ridiculous! Like I'm wearing a really bad skirt. Lane Bryant had a pair of slimmer legged shorts but they wanted $40 for them. If this keeps up, I'm just gonna switch to skirts! :)

Anyone that's looking for a swim suit: Land's End is selling some DARN cute bathing suits in plus size!

Ivanna B. Skinny 04-30-2004 07:19 PM

Holly, you look so cute in those dresses. I have a few in my closet from 2 summers ago ( before I had Abby) that I hope will fit this summer. I guess were pretty luck here in KY. It doesnt get 90+ till mid July. Although, The spring rainy weather STINKS! It's gonna rain all day tomorrow for Derby,and I was going to go, it also rained on The Oaks today. Oh well. April Showers bring May Flowers! :flow1:

Goddess Jessica 05-01-2004 10:48 PM

Amy Jo -

You'd be happy to know I threw a Derby Party today in good ol' California. :) My boyfriend is from Lexington and was a bit home sick for some bourbon and horse racing. So, we made mint julips, I made a great bourbon pecan bundt cake (no, not derby pie) and I wore an outrageous hat. We invited our Cali friends who had no idea what to expect but once we set up the betting pool and assigned horses, they all got into it! :)

Ivanna B. Skinny 05-04-2004 09:27 PM

Thats so cool Jessica! I didnt even have a Derby party and I live 1/2 hour from it! I did watch it though!

SuchAPrettyFace 05-05-2004 09:50 PM

I GOT A JOBBBBBB!

I start tomorrow, 8a-5p, more $$ than I was previously making, not too far from the old place.

Temp agency called this am to ask if I was interested, yes, yes I was. Faxed my resume & test scored over to the one doing the hiring, who said, "I don't need to interview her, I like what I see, CAN SHE START TOMORROW" WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

So Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone, thank you for all the well wishes, I'm off to get dinner!

XOXOX