Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:55 PM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Talking Aidan is home again!!

Hello all!!!!

Just a quickie to let everyone know that Mr. Aidan is home again!!! Yeah....he got discharged wednesday night around 8:00 P.M. So...I guess we came out of the hospital with more questions than answers....and there are no easy answers to any of the questions. They are clinically diagnosing Aidan as an asthmatic. He is on the oral prednisone (steroid) and is albuterol inhaler. We will see his pediatrician either tomorrow or Friday to sit down with us and talk about courses of treatment that we will do for Aidan as far as allergy testing, breathing measurements, etc.

Thanks for thinking and praying for us!! I am a firm believer about the power of prayer in numbers...so again, thank you all!
((hugs))
Gina
Old 02-26-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  

Good glad to hear he is home again. Both of my sons have reactive airway disease which is alot like asthma but luckly they have never had to be hospitalized for it.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #3  

Glad Aidan didn't have to be in the hospital too long this time. Asthma is rotten, doubly so when you're a little kid. I've had it since I was small - many trips to the emergency room for shots of adrenaline. I think the treatments for asthma now are more comfortable ones. My doctor just prescribed a brand new asthma medicine for me - xolair. It's an injection for people with allergic asthma. I haven't started it yet, but will soon. Does Aidan have allergies? Maybe it's too soon to tell...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #4  

gina i am so glad to hear that your baby is home. and that's right prayer in numbers does help things.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #5  
beautiful

poor little guy!! i can't imagine having to go through all that. i am glad to hear he is home though!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Talking

Thanks everyone for your caring thoughts!!! They really help ya know! Anyhoo...Mary, it is too early to tell about his allergies....but....his older brother Cameron just started taking zyrtec for itchy eys, and face...and I think he may be allergic to animals???? ANd...now peices of the puzzle are coming together...because Aidan snores (thought it was cute...but I guess it is serious) and he had some excema that was improved by steroids...so, I guess time will only tell! Good luck with the new med....what are you allergic to?

Last edited by Monkeybabies; 02-26-2004 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

So glad to hear he is home. Jacob too has reactive airway, bt sometimes they call it asthma. Still confuses me!!

Hope you get some of the answers you are looking for at the doctors today!!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Glad to hear he's home again and even happier to know he's been properly diagnosed, so you can get a handle on everything and have a good treatment plan in place for preventative measures.

My daughter had severe asthma as a child which resulted in many a hospital stay at the beginning. However, early treatment with steroids, inhalers, a home nebulizer and use of a peak flow meter helped prevent complications such as pneumonia and collapsed lungs and allowed us to keep it under control for the most part. I can truthfully say her quality of life wasn't affected terribly; in fact, she became very athletic and thankfully the condition subsided considerably as she grew. Now, in her mid 20s, she needs only the occasional puff of ventolin when it's very humid or very cold.

I know how scary it is when they're so small and obviously in distress, but I'm sure you'll feel much more at ease once you've discussed it with the pediatrician. Give him a hug from me
Old 02-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  

Gina - my big allergies are dust and dust mites. Hard to get away from them, since they're everywhere. I'm also allergic to cats, dogs and horses. Of course, we have a cat and an elderly dog in our family! We won't get another dog when this one passes away, but our cat is fairly young. I hope Aidan is feeling better soon!
Closed Thread