3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Make Fall Fierce: October 2021 Check-in & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/324289-make-fall-fierce-october-2021-check-accountability-thread.html)

RunningRedHead 10-11-2021 12:18 PM

loganandlivsmom: Yay!!!! Way to go on your drop, you’ll be in ONEDERLAND before you know it!

Shark week has arrived and with it a release of the water I’ve been retaining for about the last week and a half. This whoosh drove me to my next signature goal. While I would normally wait a few days to make sure I stay there, I’m going to take advantage of the opportunity and cross that goal off my list. Look out overweight, here I come! I'm more than ready to leave obesity behind me.

I drove to the coast to visit Boyfriend—it’s very rare that he travels regionally for work, so I took advantage of him only being a few hours away (and got to see the sea while I was at it!). It was lovely to visit, see the fall foliage of New England, and consume some wonderful, fresh seafood!

Back to the weekly grind this evening. Happy Monday, y’all :eek:

SW: 228.4
10/7: 229.6
GW: 221.0

Week 2:
10/8: 228.0 (-1.6)
10/9: 227.6 (-0.4)
10/10: NWI
10/11: 226.1 (-1.5)

loganandlivsmom 10-12-2021 06:52 AM

RunningRedHead Thank you! I am anxiously awaiting the first digit of 1 instead of 2. :spin: Congrats to you on hitting your next mini goal! You will have another dancing veggie on your signature before you know it! :carrot: It sounds like you had a great mini trip seeing your boyfriend. I think those kinds of get aways are good for the soul. Getting a change of scenery does wonders.

No updates for me weight wise. I was down to 200.2 and today it was back up slightly. My calories have been good and even a bit lower so I know it's just water retention, etc... so scale watch continues...:lol:

RunningRedHead 10-12-2021 08:22 AM

loganandlivsmom: I think I prefer mini-getaways to longer trips. Yes, it was great, I think we’ll go back one day when both of us can treat it as a vacation ;) “so scale watch continues…” I so feel that! You got this, the water weight fluctuations will continue, but so will your overall downward trend!

Good morning, all! I can't believe we're already almost halfway through October!! It's my favorite month, it's going too fast! This week (today, tomorrow, and part of Thursday) is our program's site visit from our accrediting body—it’s a visit that occurs every 8 years, and although we are well prepared, the nerves are palpable (and a little raw!). I cannot wait for the next three days to be over! :crossed: Cross your fingers for me that I don’t lose any more marbles—there aren’t many left! :lol::lol::lol:

Week 2:
10/12: 225.4 (-0.7)

RunningRedHead 10-13-2021 10:19 AM

A quick check-in for me today. Also, I think my ticker has bit the dust and I'm sad about it :( Not sure how to fix it, so I guess it's time for a new one-- are we moving on so far in the world of technology that tickers aren't a thing anymore???

Week 2:
10/13: 225.4 (+/-0)

loganandlivsmom 10-14-2021 07:32 AM

RunningRedHead "Cross your fingers for me that I don’t lose any more marbles—there aren’t many left! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/lol.gifhttps://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/lol.gifhttps://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/lol.gif" That was a great line! :lol: It sounds like you've got this, just let it get over with already, right? ;) I don't do the tickers but can you just uninstall it and then reinstall it like you could for an app on your phone? That's all I can think of since I am not very tech savvy.

For me scale watch is on hold. :rolleyes: I was 200.2 and then the next day up two and a half pounds? My calories have been good so I think it was sodium, water retention etc...I am a salty food eater more than sweets lately. It is annoying to see upticks for what you feel is undeserved. Now I am 202.2 so I am hanging in there. I guess now I will be happy to "just be" 201 again on Halloween. :witch:

RunningRedHead 10-14-2021 10:51 AM

loganandlivsmom: Water fluctuation from sodium, hormones wreak havoc, you’ll meet your goal by Halloween, I know it! I tried making a new one, logging out and back in again—I think the issue is something to do with the coding from myfitnesspal, as even on their website it looks glitchy. I’m just whiney because I’m being lazy, I like the MFP ticker because it automatically updates with my daily weigh ins as it’s linked to my fitbit/fitbit scale.

Our site visit is over and our peer evaluators are recommending that we keep/continue our accreditation. I’m so glad this week is almost over—just in time for a weekend of shifts at the hospital :lol: A small uptick today, but I’m not surprised by it—poor water intake and really bad sleep the last couple of nights. Hoping it’ll pop back down in the next few days.

Week 2:
10/13: 225.4 (+/-0)
10/14:225.7 (+0.3)
Total for week 2: -3.9
Total for October: -2.7

loganandlivsmom 10-16-2021 07:25 AM

RunningRedHead Wow, you really are "running" like your name says...busy, busy, busy!! :dizzy:

As for me, I am up a bit, down a bit, but currently 200.8. It doesn't bother me since I have been eating more convenience foods that are more fun and giving some variety, but also have more sodium and lower fiber, etc...

I hope William, Curvy and Martine check in soon, hope all is well. :hug:

loganandlivsmom 10-19-2021 05:37 AM

Hi everyone! A big update for me...I am now officially under 200 for three days now. I made it to ONEDERLAND!
It was Sunday morning when I first saw the first digit as as 1. My mouth literally fell open. LOL :D Today I was 196.8!

Martine 10-19-2021 06:19 AM

A huge CONGRATULATIONS loganandlivdmom! :congrat: You are a true inspiration, reaching a new milestone with a sensible weight loss plan :)

William47 10-20-2021 03:05 PM

Hooray for L&L you rock home girl! U deserve all the good things that are happening for you! I'm so proud of you hard worker!
Im still trying to get back on track. Scale says 281.6 today, so maybe not as bad as it could be. Trying to get it together. I did have a revelation I would like to share. This last weekend I was hanging out with a beautiful woman, really out of my league. She is 5'11" and 135lbs. She is absolutely consumed with her diet. Counting calories like a pro. I was thinking this chick really has her **** together. She is so normal and obviously has never struggled with food. I was intimidated lol! Anyway, after a long night of partying, we headed down the hill. I live in a very small town and there is nothing open after the bars close. So, around here, everyone heads to a truck stop where you can get mcdonalds. Taco bell and more beer. All after parties start at the truck stop, its like a thing. Anyway, we get there and I let her order for both of us. she got these boxes that have like 2 burritos and a taco. Soda and chips. A big meal and heavy calories, a lot of bad food. I was visiting with friends and I notice her singular focus on the food,lol. She straight plowed through her box and started in on mine. In less then 20 minutes she had consumed everything but my diet soda. She ate like a lumberjack, I couldn't believe it. I always thought I was abnormal for having feelings like... I could eat that whole tray, or, I could destroy that casserole! I remember thinking how abnormal those thoughts and. Compulsions were. I was so hard on myself. But today I realize those thoughts are part of the human condition. Everyone struggles with food, especially with our modern diets. I know it sounds strange, but I am starting to view myself as more normal then I thought. Maybe I am going to be alright. The rest of the night she complained and lamented her choices. She was saying the same things I think when I digress. Idk why but it makes me feel better.
I love you guys! Keep working, stay diligent and love yourselves. We are more normal then we thought!

loganandlivsmom 10-20-2021 09:48 PM

Thank you so much Martine and William! I still sort of can't believe it. :lol: It has taken about 15 months, so on average a pound a week. Definitely not fast, but that is what I set out to do...just lose and keep it off for once. William, I am sure most people do have some issues with food. Some even exercise more just so they can eat more. I am too lazy for that I guess. LOL I am glad you are at least maintaining. Just keep up with your calories and let yourself know you can have the 2500 a day which is still quite a bit and you can maintain or even lose weight.

loganandlivsmom 10-24-2021 06:45 AM

Hi all! :wave:

A quick check in for me. It's been a week since I saw a 1 in the first digits in my weight. Today I am 197.4. Weighing myself daily I do see the ups and downs based on not only calories but sodium, fiber or lack thereof etc...I now know I will see the fluctuations and even expect it really vs the weight going straight down like a sliding board. LOL My next goal is to get to 196. This is the highest I can weigh and be overweight vs obese.

Can ya'll believe Halloween is a week away? Wow! This year has flown by literally!

loganandlivsmom 10-30-2021 07:27 AM

It's me again checking in one more time for the month. I am thrilled of course I made it below 200 and I weigh the same I did last week exactly...197.4. I went back and looked at the beginning of September's thread. I was 204 and lost one pound that month. This month from 203 to 197.4..it's amazing how our bodies work sometimes.

curvynotlumpy 10-31-2021 11:40 PM

:haphal:

I hope everyone is doing well and had a safe Halloween holiday if you celebrated. Another month has flown by so please join me over on the November thread . See you there! :grouphug: