Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #1  

Angry new to here but not to being overweight

Hi, I guess I should introduce myself. You can call me 'sprout' -- actually that is the nickname we have always called my daugther but I use it here.
I am new to this whole site but not to being overweight. Need to lose over 100 pounds -- closer to 140 pounds actually.
Have started a walking program January 2002 and have now walked 617.75 miles -- not bad for someone that could not walk 500 feet when I started out.

Have a question -- how do I get to make a 'journal' -- I clicked onto 'new journal' and it said to registered but it wouldn't let me in -- said I was not 'here' but I am registered with 3FC so am not sure what to do. Any suggestions as I would like to keep a journal
Old 09-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

you acutally have to register a name on that site as well, even if it's the same name. they use a different program for it.

i journal all the time, it's a fun group.

welcome!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:45 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Journaling is quite therapeutic. Welcome to the fold.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:51 AM   #4  

Welcome! Post often and let us get to know you better. It's great to have you join us!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

We're glad you found us!! Like mthrgoose said, post early and often. It helps us get to know each other, and lets us start seeing where you are in your healthy journey and what we might be able to help with.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #6  

Angry Thanks everyone!!!

Thank you for the encouragement everyone. You guys are truly an insperation. I just left the progress pics and I gotta say, that is one unbelievable thread. The difference in everyones looks are just out of this world. Alright, you guys have made me mad. Not in a negative way, but a good way. Im mad for thinking that I have to be this way and that I was destined to be heavy cause it was in my jeans (genes). But now its time for me to charge of my destiny. Who said that just because my mom is overweight and has a whole book of ailments from diabetes to high cholesteral (sp.) that I have to be like that.

This whole overweight thing has ruined my life. It has drained me of every bit of self esteem and confidence for to dang long. I graduated at the top of my class in Massage Therapy School. Do you think Im persuing it? Heck no, no self esteem. Well thats behind me now, I have jumped into the healthy pool, and Im not getting out until I cant tread water anymore!!!

I will have my husband post my before pics as soon as I can, that way I can let the whole web see me in all of my glory. Then hopefully in 2004 I will be putting that picture up with that little black dress.

I go weigh in at TOPS tomorrow night, and I know I have had a gain, cause I have bingeing again. But tomorrow is a new day.

Dont worry about me not posting alot. You guys are going to get sick of me telling you everything I ate. So I guess I better figure out how to use the journal some how. Im computer illiterate you know.

Thanks,
Terri

P.s. Anyone from the Metro Detroit Area?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:18 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Welcome Terri!!

As everyone has said... post tons and tons!

OMG, I LOVE "LET THE JAWS HIT THE FLOOR IN 2004"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is sooo clever! I love it I love it I love it! -Apryl

Old 09-10-2003, 12:33 AM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by aprylcadabra
OMG, I LOVE "LET THE JAWS HIT THE FLOOR IN 2004"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is sooo clever! I love it I love it I love it! -Apryl
Me, too. We should get this on T shirts for our Chicago trip.
Closed Thread