3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Tis the season to smile December 2017 Check-in & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/314652-tis-season-smile-december-2017-check-accountability-thread.html)

futurehealthyme 12-23-2017 11:51 AM

Today is the day to prep and get ready!
On vacation- staycation, stress level went from sky high to none.
I can do it!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,wonderful Ladies!
Congratulations to all for moving in the right direction.

opheliaphoenix 12-23-2017 03:26 PM

SweetEpiphany: So close now! And, I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and Christmas, as well! :tree::clause:

futurehealthyme: It's good to see you checking in...and Happy Holidays to you, too! :wreath:

--------------------------------------

Weigh-in was a shock today at 210.8. It could make sense that I'm just catching up after fluctuating since the 19th, but I ended up getting really nauseous after dinner last night and had to chug some alkaseltzer (which is obviously pretty much just straight sodium) so I could feel okay enough to go pick up my husband at the airport, and then - after I was feeling better and had gone to get him - I ate half of his bag of Gardettos (very salty snack mix with pretzels, sourdough chips, etc - in case you've never heard of them) on the drive home, because he got them because he knew I loved them, too...and that was right before midnight, so much later than I typically eat. Needless to say, I expected a solid sodium gain today. Not complaining that I didn't, of course! Just going to be wary of what happens tomorrow to see if this was just a weird scale day or a wonderful surprise mini-whoosh. Fingers crossed for the latter! :crossed:

Week Four
22: 212.0
23: 210.8
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 212.6
Total Loss for Week Four:

Martine 12-24-2017 03:00 PM

futurehealthyme enjoy your staycation and Happy Holidays to you!

SweetEpiphany you are right there, about to reach your goal, it's so exciting!

opheliapheonix it's great that your husband is home right before Christmas. That snack you had sure sounds good. You're inching ever closer to Onederland now.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays. Be merry and enjoy this time with your loved ones :)

opheliaphoenix 12-25-2017 03:50 PM

Before checking in, I just want to say :wreath: MERRY CHRISTMAS :wreath: to everyone who is celebrating it today! :clause:

As for my weigh-in, it is pretty abysmal due to an impromptu night out at our favorite Mexican restaurant on Saturday, as well as going out to eat last night after some last minute Christmas shopping together. The damage is a hearty 4 pounds of bloat with a weigh-in today of 214.8...wow! :o That's without the cinnamon rolls and cookies we'll be doing today, lol. I know it is temporary, so I'm not going to stress about it too much - especially with the holidays - but, I know I will have to watch myself over the next couple of days so I don't end out the month showing no loss whatsoever. :lol: I hope you're all enjoying your holiday...or your Monday, if you're not celebrating...and that you don't do as much damage as I have done! Haha.

Week Four
24: NWI.
25: 214.8
26:
27:
28:

curvynotlumpy 12-26-2017 11:23 AM

Good morning :coffee2:

Whether observing Christmas or not, I hope everyone had a wonderful day and that it was spent exactly the way you wanted. I went to a :tree: potluck yesterday afternoon and the food was wonderful. I ate until full, not stuffed and that certainly made a difference in how I felt later in the evening. I'm in the office today and Wednesday but with the campus being closed and the students being gone, I'm reveling in the quiet and being able to get some things done. Weight is at 209 this morning which I expected from yesterday's delicious dinner. TOM is due next week so I'm expecting my usual puffiness and bloat just in time for New Year's! :lol:

Everyone stay warm and have a great day!

opheliaphoenix 12-26-2017 03:25 PM

Curvy: Glad you're getting some more peaceful days at work over the holiday break for the students! :)

Weight still seems to be in a tailspin from the last couple days, even though I was technically under calories yesterday, even with all the goodies. Still lots more junk food than what I have been used to, though. Weigh-in was up even more to 215.4 today. Going to start getting back into daily activity again tonight and will be drinking water throughout the day, since I didn't really drink any at all yesterday or the day before. Even my fingers seem a little more swollen from the water retention. Hoping I can get the scale to settle down a little and stop climbing tomorrow. :running:

Week Four
25: 214.8 :o
26: 215.4
27:
28:

futurehealthyme 12-26-2017 09:02 PM

Hi everyone,
A good first day here eating on plan, prepped food and didn't feel hungry. It's crazy how quickly this way of eating affects your hunger level and energy level, in a good way.
Now, have a calendar ready and am going to record all my daily exercise routine to stay motivated. I even looked at my new and way too small swimsuit. I would really like to wear it this summer!
One day at a time.
All the best to you all!

curvynotlumpy 12-27-2017 11:14 AM

:wave: and good :coffee2:

opheliaphoenix: I think drinking more water will certainly help flush the sodium from your body. It's funny how our bodies respond to off plan eating isn't it? Sometimes it maintains, other times you see an unexplainable loss and yes, there are those times when you see a gain. Once the holidays are truly over, and you can get back into your routines the way you have been, you will see the scale start moving down again consistently. Not to worry. :nono: You have a good strategy!

futurehealthyme: :bravo: on getting back on plan and setting up your tracking system. Fitting into that swimsuit is a fantastic goal. I have some really cute spring/summer dresses that fit and I could wear but would look so much better if I dropped some pounds. Let's do this! :high:
I'm at work thinking, "wow, it's weird that it's already Wednesday." :lol: This morning I'm finishing up two letters of recommendation for students; one applying to graduate school, the other applying for internal scholarships. I have solid drafts of each so my goal is to send them off to their appropriate destinations today. Weight is down a tiny bit to 208.8. I'm going to try to get out of the office a little bit early this afternoon.

:wave: Martine and SweetEpiphany

Martine 12-27-2017 11:29 AM

futurehealthyme you got back on track so quickly, great for you. I think that having a fave piece of clothing as a goal is a great motivator. And recording your daily exercise on a calendar, where it's "in your face", is a great way to celebrate your successes and track your improvements too.

opheliapheonix the Holidays are tough for weight loss. It's good that you are keeping your calories in check but I think junk food will still mess with your body. I too need to get back to exercising and drinking water.

curvynotlumpy quiet time at work for yourself is always welcome. Hope you are enjoying the Holidays so far.

Not surprisingly, between cooking, and cooking, and more cooking, oh and baking too, for all the Holiday celebrations at work and at home, I have gone off plan. When you go yo bed at 2am one night to prepare food, there's no energy left to exercise or for anything else. Now we're living on leftovers. I did get new weights for Christmas, to increase resistance and performance, so I'm actually looking forward to going back on plan. But first we are celebrating our 16th anniversary on Saturday with a night at the movies and a nice restaurant.

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits.

curvynotlumpy 12-27-2017 01:58 PM

:congrat: to you and your DH, Martine! Sixteen years, beautiful!

opheliaphoenix 12-27-2017 05:26 PM

Curvy: I think the water has helped more than anything so far! Hoping to get back down to where I was before the week is over, but not sure with TOM coming to town...we will see! I hope you're able to wrap up and send out your letters so you can get out a little early like you're planning. Days like that are nice, lol. :yes:

Martine: They certainly do! I did so well over Thanksgiving that I thought Christmas was going to be a breeze, but I guess celebrating my husband coming home with a dinner out on top of the Christmas goodies was just a little too much to handle...lol. I hope this week and the next work out for us both getting back on track and back to our normal routines. And, Happy 16th Anniversary...that is awesome!!! I hope you guys have a great night out together. :cheers:

The scale is finally starting to show signs of normalizing, and my weigh-in was back down to 212.0 today. I still haven't fully recovered, obviously, but I'm happy it is moving in the right direction now! Also, my husband is showing interest in losing weight with me again, and he actually joined me for my walk last night...which was the first one I have done since the night before he came back, so it was overdue! On top of that, we just went to the gym together this morning, which kicked my butt...lol. (I think that - on top of actually drinking 3 big bottles of water yesterday to help rehydrate - helped get my scale moving again...my body needed both so badly.) He even said he wants to go to the gym every day this week and then keep up a normal routine after that, so I am thrilled that he is doing this with me right now. :yay: I'm hoping this will help kickstart some post-holiday losses for me, as well! TOM started today, so hopefully that won't get in the way of getting back on track this week, scale-wise. :crossed:

Week Four
25: 214.8 :o
26: 215.4
27: 212.0 - TOM.
28:

futurehealthyme 12-27-2017 09:18 PM

Howdy y'all,
Day 2: ate on plan, no exercise but might go for a walk before bed time
Yesterday ate on plan and went on a 30 min walk. Increasing stamina one day at a time.
No, I will walk even if it's just another 30 minutes. I must create healthy habits and stick with them!!!

opheliaphoenix,
Great job getting back down on the scale. Your overall journey to better health is such a success. It's nice that your hubby is joining you again for walks: bonding and working towards same goals.

Martine,
Happy anniversary. Enjoy a wonderful day out with your hubby and have a delicious dinner. I like the weights, whenever I am consistent which I need to be. I am sure you will put them to good use!

curvynotlumpy,
Congrats on going down on the scale and hang in there: tomorrow is Friday Eve!

SweetEpiphany 12-28-2017 11:43 AM

I made it to TWODERLAND!

I am delighted to report that I now weigh under 300 lbs. :cloud9: I weighed in yesterday at 299.4 lbs and I am at that weight again today. I have not been at this weight in 4 or maybe 5 years so I am overjoyed.

But more than overjoyed, I'm honestly surprised that I got down to 299 because I was not 100% on my Medifast plan during the last few days. I had macaroni & cheese, candied yams, apple pie, and some cake on Christmas day and the day after Christmas, so I thought that my weight would go up a lot or stall out. I'm so thankful that I still managed to lose something and hit my goal a few days earlier than expected. I guess it helped that I saved my appetite for the big meals and did not eat much the rest of the day. That probably reduced my overall calorie count although I was eating off plan.

Today I am back at work and back on the Medifast plan 100%. Now that I've hit my milestone of getting under 300 lbs, I'm setting a new goal to get to 290 by mid-January. I'll be attending a wedding in Miami and want to look good in whatever I wear. I'll be seeing some friends there who I have not seen in a couple of years, so I'm sure they'll notice my weight loss. I can't wait to flaunt my smaller figure :dancer:

It's great to see all of you getting back on plan right after Christmas. :carrot:

Futurehealthyme , great job eating on your plan and getting in your exercise. You got this!

Martine, Happy 16th Anniversary! :congrat: That is certainly a legitimate reason to cheat a little on your diet. :D Hope you have a great movie date on Saturday. :corn:

curvynotlumpy Sounds like you used some mindful eating techniques to enjoy your Christmas dinner, without going overboard. Congrats on that! I have been working on eating until satisfied and it is getting easier. My brain is finally figuring out that the stuffed feeling is not healthy and instead it's healthier to just feel full or satisfied.

opheliaphoenix Looks like your scale is back to moving the right direction, so I hope you get to end the month on a high note. :goodluck: And how sweet is it that your husband is getting on board with you. You are so lucky to have a supportive spouse. I'm not married, but I've heard horror stories about spouses trying to sabotage weight loss efforts. I can't imagine living in that situation. I would go crazy. But thankfully you don't have that problem.

curvynotlumpy 12-28-2017 12:26 PM

Good morning :coffee2:

I hope everyone's Thursday is off to a great start!

opheliaphoenix: I :love: the commitment that your DH has to you and your joint health and wellness. I don't know if a person can give a better gift to his/her self or their loved ones! So :yay: that the scale is moving in the right direction and that the water is doing it's job. I noticed this morning that my acne has flared up a bit--not hideous, but noticeable to me--and I realize it's because I don't drink enough water (plus TOM being on its way). My skin always reflects it either positively or negatively.

Martine: A gift of weights was very thoughtful and motivating! I'm living off leftovers as well and soon they will be gone. Out with the old, in with the new whether it means better eating habits or a recommitment to getting :strong:, or both!

futurehealthyme: Your "self talk" is contagious. I work on a college campus with a beautiful arboretum that has a 3.5 mile loop. The past two days before I left campus I've talked myself into going for a walk. I love walking but at the end of a long day sometimes I just want to go home. Being my own cheerleader at these times has really helped. :thanks:
Not a whole lot going on with me. Thanks for all your good wishes regarding my letters of recommendation. They are both complete and I sent off two digitally yesterday and will send another today. I'm waiting for hard copy materials from my student applying to graduate school; one of her schools only accepts hard copies :rolleyes: . The deadline for her apps is January 15 so there is plenty of time, but I had visions of getting these off my desk before the end of the year. The scale was up this morning even though my eating the last couple of days has been spot on. TOM is due in the next few days so I'm blaming it on that! :lol:

Wishing everyone a lovely and productive day. :hug:

curvynotlumpy 12-28-2017 03:39 PM

:woohoo: SweetEpiphany! Congratulations! You are doing wonderfully and look smashing!