Old 08-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Greetings, friends

Wishing everyone a productive and peaceful Tuesday. I was off work yesterday and will be taking the next two Monday's off for my final vacation days. I seem to always be at my vacation max and while there is no set limit for when I have to use my time, once you hit the max, you can't bank any more. It's a unique 'use it or lose it' situation. I figured that by taking a a stretch in July and August will allow for a cushion during fall quarter when we all work large numbers of hours making vacation almost impossible.

Cooler evening weather has arrived which has made it difficult for me to want to get out of bed each morning. I envy you morning people!

gulfmagnolia: I'm the same way with my clothes. I have whole new wardrobe waiting for me as my weight drops. These aren't new clothes, just clothes I've outgrown. I haven't bought many new things at all but I was at a breaking point with my bras. Long story short, I was running around in two bras without underwire (and I like underwire). You might be wondering how I got to that point. Well, I had given up trying to figure out my bra size that I finally just picked up two bras that fit and weren't that uncomfortable. I didn't even care that one was light pink and the other periwinkle blue or that they weren't underwire . I just needed something and to appear that I was wearing something bra like under my clothes. During my vacation I decided the heck with it, I deserve and need new bras. Good ones, too! So now I'm happy and comfortable and agree that better quality should translate to many pounds/size drops.

Martine: Rest days are good and needed for your body. Look at your consistency. You're !
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #32  

Good morning

Weight is up a couple of pounds as a result of some mindless eating. Work is also picking up as I have a number of different projects on my plate. No doubt the increased work and stress contribute to the bump up. What is really missing, and what I've been dancing around for a long time, is a commitment to a plan. Regardless of how legitimate, I cannot keep using work as my fall back excuse for why I can't get my diet and exercise aligned. There are world leaders, CEOs and folks with husbands/wives/partners and families that do it every day! Work will always be here. Their health is not an option but a priority.

In spite of my rant--and thanks for listening --, I intend to have a good Wednesday and wish the same for all my friends on this thread.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-13-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #33  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I recognize myself so much in your last post. I too let work get in the way of everything. Right now I'm in a good phase, but I tend to stop working out and eating right as soon as work becomes more hectic or stressful. Hope you had a great Wednesday

So I'm still sticking to my plan (so far). I could drink more water though, but one step at a time. Yesterday after supper, we went on a long 45-minute walk at the park with Loki. My tendon and foot were bothering me by the end, had to ice it when I got home. It was simply a beautiful Summer evening, lots of people and dogs out at the park too.

Have a great day everyone!

01: 35-minute walk
02: 20 minutes pilates + 10 minutes abs workout
03: day off
04: 35-minute walk
05: 23 minutes of cardio + 20-minute upper body workout
06: 22 minutes of cardio + 10-minute abs workout
07: day off
08: 35-minute walk + 22-minute kickboxing workout
09: 45-minute walk
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #34  

Good morning

Happy Thursday! My one meeting today was cancelled late yesterday so I have a full day ahead of me to devote to one labor intensive task that needs to get done today and a few other minor ones I hope to have time for.

Martine, thank you for your ongoing encouragement and kind words. Dear lady you are doing wonderful! I love how you're holding yourself accountable by tracking your exercise and including it in your posts. One of the things missing from my routine is not going public with most of my exercise. It wouldn't be so much for other people, but a way to be honest with myself about how much exercise I am really doing (or not).

Well done monitoring how you're feeling during your walks. Forty-five minutes is a good walk.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #35  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Martine You put my workout game to shame, ha! And I have no serious injuries (although I do fall down a lot....) Paying attention to your body after a workout is so, so important. Ice and massage are fantastic post workout! Most of us just plop down from exhaustion and forget to thank our muscles and joints for their hard work. Cheers to you for being proactive about your tendon/foot.

Curvy Thought of you today when I threw out a bra I had been wearing religiously. One side still had the underwire, one side did not hahaha. I was 'winking' for a long long time. At least, the boobies were

50LBS DOWN TODAY!
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #36  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia I almost spit out my water laughing at your "winking" lol
A huge on being 50 pounds down!

On a side note, anyone experience the joy of doing floor exercises and having your dog come and lick your face non-stop? Sweet Loki, taking advantage of the situation
Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #37  

gulfmagnolia, we have a emoji on our interoffice messaging system except it is more pronounced than one on 3FC. How will I ever look at either again without thinking about your fantastic comment?! Such a profound visual

Huge for meeting the 50 pound down milestone!

Martine: Loki sounds like such a wonderful dog. One day I hope to be a dog owner and will actively encourage that behavior.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #38  

Good morning

I hope everyone is having a beautiful and restful Sunday. The events yesterday in Charlottesville left me unsettled and I found myself doing a lot of thinking about many different things.

I'm off tomorrow so I decided to drop by work to do a few odds and ends that I left unattended on Friday. While I've been pretty active this weekend, this has been offset by some poor and food choices.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 08-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #39  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Curvy & Martine So happy to provide some comic relief!

Martine Your furry workout partner sounds lovely. Oh how I miss dog kisses...That has to be the best encouragement in the world! I envy you

Curvy

8/1: 222.6
8/6: 222.6
8/13: 218.4
8/20:
8/27:
8/31:

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 08-13-2017 at 12:10 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #40  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy hope you didn't stay at work too long today and got to enjoy your Sunday. It sounds like you are picking up your activity level, good for you. Mondays off are a wonderful thing, have a great one.

gulfmagnolia sure furry kisses are wonderfullllll but when I'm sweaty and breathing hard, not as much...You are still dropping pounds left and right, a new decade!

So I was working this weekend for the first time since my vacation and being on my feet most of the day (on the weekends I am manager on duty), my left ankle and foot were killing my at the end of the day. So ice and no exercise sadly. Tomorrow I have off, I'm confident I'll be ok to work out. Hope everyone had
a nice weekend.

10: 25-minute lower body workout
11: 20 minutes of cardio
12: no exercise
13: no exercise
Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #41  

I am really struggling this month and I've gained 3.5 pounds. I had margaritas, chips and salsa, and so on last week which added on 2.5 lbs. I think another pound is just water retention though because I ate under 1500 calories (a higher day for me) but burned 800 walking and jogging in the park. I don't like watching the scale go back up! I usually eat under 1300 calories but over 1200 average. My metabolism for doing nothing much all day but puttering at home is 1700 right now, so the 1.5 hours of walking and jogging a day is really important to me on a diet. I have never missed it though. I hope this week improves, I was hoping to get to Onderland this month and that is all but impossible. Planning on just over 1000 cals today to average yesterday back down to 1225 calories I think. Hopefully it will result in a loss for me. I hope you all are having a better month than me!
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #42  
Gizmo

Traveller It's ok to have a minor set-back, as long as you get back to it. It's great that you are keeping up with your walking and jogging no matter what. Hang in there

So I was able to get back to exercising yesterday, but walking long distances is out of the question for now, sadly. My left tendon was really swollen after the weekend at work, don't want to chance it. This morning after my cardio workout, I attempted to do 10 minutes of abs work on the floor and failed miserably. I have flab, not abs. Hope everyone is having a good start to this week.

14: 20 minutes of cardio + 10-minute upper body workout
15: 24 minutes of kickboxing cardio
Old 08-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #43  

Good morning

Yesterday, was a good day off. I got quite a few little things done at my own pace that made a big difference. I have a major problem with letting junk and non-urgent mail stack up on my kitchen table. As I've mentioned before, there isn't a flat empty space I don't like! While I'm not done, I've made it a major goal to sort through it all, recycle and/or shred. When I get motivated to do this, things move pretty quickly. I went through a lot Sunday and Monday evening. I can now see my table peaking through which has added to my motivation and urgency to complete this project.

Traveller: , I agree with Martine. Set backs are inevitable but it's important that you recognize them, why they occur and plan a strategy around them. You're doing all three and that is a huge win!

Martine: I'm sorry to hear about your tendon. I really appreciate your honesty about how you experience your workouts. I can relate. At least you're attempting ab workouts! I haven't attempted even a simple sit-up in so long I can't really tell you if I could pull it off. I have a middle of my own flab.

I'm back on cat duty this week while my friend and her son are out of town. I had a minor scare this morning as the Maddie, the senior cat was not to be found. She's in good health but because she's older I worry about her more. All it took was to hear the lid of the cat food being pulled off to make her appear. I was so relieved!

Let's make today a good one and remember that each day we're given is an opportunity to improve.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #44  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy glad the cat is ok. Food will bring out any animal really. Your friends are lucky to have you take care of their pets so diligently. Now I can relate to de-cluttering and how it feels good afterwards. The spare bedroom where our computer is was inundated with papers of all kind. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks back and it feels so much better now that things have been put away or discarded.

I got in some cardio again this morning. Still concerned about my tendon though, it's very stiff and swollen, so I'm trying to do more stretches and ice. I'm worried because I'm supposed to march in the Montréal Pride Parade this Sunday with two of our employees. I figure if I can't make it through the whole walk, I'll do as best as I can and be there for them.

Hope everyone will have a great day once again!

14: 20 minutes of cardio + 10-minute upper body workout
15: 24 minutes of kickboxing cardio
16: 24 minutes of cardio
Old 08-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #45  

and good afternoon!

I am exhausted today, but it is a good exhaustion. Today brought a number of small victories my way, though none weight related. A class that my staff and I teach each year was approved for an upper division course number. I've been working on this the better part of three weeks. Several phone calls and many emails later we were approved today. Because we work with transfer students who come to us from community college they have little interest in registering for lower division courses as it is perceived by them to be a step back in their progress. I've also been able to move forward with a career position that we've needed for a long time. Moving things through HR has been glacial but at least they are moving.

Martine: Did the ice and rest help your tendon? I'm curious, how long is the parade route? I'm wondering if you can pinpoint a few spots along the route where you could either bow out or join your staff. This way you get to participate without incurring more damage.

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening.