Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 07:59 PM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Question Meal Suggestions?!

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has some tasty low-fat meal suggestions!? I'm allergic to all fish and seafood so my choices are limited....

I love Shish - Kabobs and grilled chicken but I don't want to get sick of these...

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Have A Wonderful Day!
~Celina~
Old 08-05-2003, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I subscribe to Cooking Light and get all my recipes from that magazine. They have a superfast section that's wonderful. You can go online to Cookinglight.com and enter the word Barbecue (I think that's this month's word), and then use their recipe finder.

I'm making Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs tonight--yum!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:25 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Buy a George Foreman Grill - excellent for chicken!.. so quick and easy.

I must grill chicken 3 times a week.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:12 AM   #4  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks for the Website link Sheila!

I love the George Foreman Grill, I cook on it like 5 nights a week...

Just getting a little sick of the same side dishes all the time... Salad / Rice, etc....

~Celina~
Old 08-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

• Whole wheat pasta w/red sauce or a lite alfredo (I like Ragu's) I usually add a can of mushrooms (rinsed & drained) and sometimes 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli florets and garlic pepper
  • Brown rice w/ICBINB spray & Mrs Dash or other seasoning
  • Small baked sweet potato w/a tad of real butter & cinnamon
  • Seasoned turkey burgers from Jennie-O Turkey Store
  • Every once in awhile I will buy some beef tenderloin when it's on sale. I have it less than twice a month now. I get it b/c of the low fat content & high quality/flavor.
  • Bag of Oriental Blend veggies. I mix in a can of mushrooms, a can of bamboo shoots & a can of sliced water chestnuts, along with half a bag of pepper mix (yellow, red & green peppers), then I steam all that in my Tupperware microsteamer. You can add meat if you want (grilled chicken, or beef tenderloin, cut into strips) I serve it w/plain brown rice & low-sodium soy sauce. I like a Chung's veggie eggroll to go w/it.
  • Fresh spinach salad w/fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, etc & a can of albacore or chicken on top.
  • Chopped frozen spinach, nuked, most of the water drained, and mixed w/a little butter. Mmmmmm.
  • Tumaro's tortilla, filled w/turkey or pastrami & topped w/a Veggie Slice, nuked for 30 sec & rolled up.
  • Morningstar Farms Pizza Burger & some whole wheat pasta w/veggies
  • Santa Fe Gardenburger w/Salsa Rice (to cooked rice, add salsa & just a sprinkle of lowfat cheddar, stir til cheese is melty)

Can you tell it's lunchtime? Good luck!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:36 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Broccoli florets (raw) with a little FF Italian dressing drizzled on it, I cut in some black olives too.

Also, baked potatoes seem to go a LOT further than mashed or french fries, etc. I don't know why, lol. Probably because they're harder to eat.

Making a parfait with FF yogurt and berries.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:24 PM   #7  

I love to grill vegetables (works great on the George Forman grill) and make sandwiches. Portabello mushrooms, eggplant, zuchini, and yellow squash are all delicious. You can use a small amount of hummus or unflavored yogurt as a condiment and eat them in a pita pocket.

If you don't mind eating a bit of cheese, you can try my favorite sandwich. Grilled slices of portabello mushroom, eggplant and squash layered on foccacia bread and topped with fresh basil and natural mozarella. You only need a very small amount of cheese for this. It tastes best if you put the sandwich back on the grill (or grill pan) for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Closed Thread