Old 09-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Ugh guys. I don't know what's going on. I keep binging. I was doing so well for a little while there, and now it's just like I can't even step foot in my kitchen. And it's pretty much all sweets that I want. Really rich..like Nutella or peanut butter, or a caramely chocolate bar. Only the most indulgent items, of course, cause it would be too good to be true if I was craving like a banana or something. This seems to happen to me everytime I stay on plan for a good amount of time, then stop to have pizza one night or something. Like o don't have the retrains to take one day or meal off, and then snap back to plan. Anyway, I've eaten a lot of junk. I'm sure I won't gain much of anything from it, but i just feel like utter crap. Like out of control. I try to take my own advice always, but I'm just struggling right now.

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 09-24-2014 at 12:52 AM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #482  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

xRiotGirl Recently been doing a bit of indulging myself as well, but I know mine is due to my cycle. I get pretty hungry the week before TOM, which sad to say is a fact that it took this WL journey to shed light on.
Anywho, for you--first off we know this is not going to stop you from winning, so let's just put that out there . We have been posting together for quite a while and I do feel like I know enough about your journey to say that this is something you will overcome. I think with a lot of our hiccups, it is either that are bodies are fighting against a caloric restriction or it's due to our mental well-being. Start there and do what works best for you. We can sit and lick our wounds for a bit, but we know from experience after all these pounds later, it took action in the past for us to move forward. You can't stay where you are, we know that, so you have no choice but to take action. So get your Rocky back out the closet, because you still need him .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #483  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I don't know the best advice for dealing with cravings of binges. I think we've all caved into them, I've certainly spent a few days just indulging in my cravings for brownies before.
I'm sure you've heard this all before but...
1) Try getting a glass of water next time your in the kitchen.
2) Go ahead and take one bite only, then walk away.
3) Go for a walk, get away from the sweets.
4) Work out instead.
5) Go through your reasons for losing weight, remind yourself that indulging isn't worth it, it never has been, it won't be now.
6) Create something low calorie that is similar. There are totally low calorie recipe's for brownies. No, they are not the same as the real deal, but they can hit a sweet spot.
7) Ask yourself why you're eating. If it's stress, think of another way to cope. Talk to someone, write a list, busy yourself on working on the thing that's stressing you. Mad at someone? Talk to them, don't take it out on food.

Now.... I get that this is WAY easier said than done. So, if you do keep binging, try them if you can. But don't get too upset with yourself if you keep going, from my experience, that's a vicious cycle. Get upset, eat, get upset you ate, eat more.

I wish you luck. If I ever find a better way to deal with binges or long acting indulgences, I'll tell everyone. XD
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

xRiotGirl, i have trouble with binge eating too and i understand where you are coming from. Sometimes i'll be on plan for days and have a treat or something special like pizza and from that point on things seem to get out of control. What works for me is not having certain foods at home. There are times in which i'm more in control and others when i just can't have more than that one portion of trigger food that i'm going to eat. This may not be possible for you if you have children or live with people who must have those treats available at all times. I admire a lot those people who are losing weight and live in a home where there's always candy, chocolate, salty snacks, etc. Less than 10 days ago i bought a box of condensed milk cereal.... i started to binge eat that cereal and in a moment of desperation or rationality, maybe both, i flushed the rest of the cereal down the toilet ( i know, i know.....). I'd been on plan for days, eating healthy food i love and not restricting at all. Sometimes i'll keep some special treats for DP and i make sure to get treats that i don't like. This prevents me from binge eating at a bad day. I've started to order medium pizzas instead of large ones, that way there's not much to overeat. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but that's just something that crossed my mind when i read what you wrote.

Getting back to eating on plan usually takes me 2 days... the binging day itself and the next day when there's a higher chance i'll overeat. I exercise more when i do binge and on the day after that and it does help me get back on track because i feel more in control.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-25-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #485  
Getting my life back

I wish I could just not have trigger foods in my house. XD

Fiance loves cookie butter, chips, cheeses, bread rolls, ice cream. Stocks up on some of it. He started hiding the cookie butter after I ate the rest of his jar on one of my binge / vomit episodes a few months ago. Which... even though it's out of sight and I can't find them... it's not out of mind. It sucks coming home upset and wanting cookie butter... you know it's somewhere in the house...

I feel like a crack addict sometimes. I mean, I dug apart his drawers, office, and finally found the cookie butter inside a software package. Once I found it though.... I put it back. I realized how pathetic that was. I went for a walk, and then felt great. But seriously. sometimes I feel like alcoholic anonymous meetings but replace the word with "Drink" with "Eat" and "alcohol" with "food." Yup...

Hello everyone, my name is Crystal and I'm a foodaholic.
I've been 6 days binge free.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #486  

^I know, that's how I felt!!
Thank you for all of your advice. It's funny, we know these things when we watch other people struggle, like we know what advice to give, but for me I know that when I'm going through it personally it's so hard to actually take my own advice and get out of it. Anyway, I stopped stressing and basically I immediately felt the control come back. I think part of the problem is that I log my calories, and seeing days worth of negative calories was hurting my mentally ( one of the reason I want to ween myself off of calorie counting). I adjusted my goal to maintenance calories to see how the past week actually stacked up, and I realized that I hardly even ate out of maintenance calories.

Thanks again for all of your support. I don't know what I would do without you guys in times like these, seriously!

(oh, and by the way, weighed in today and still at 169--haven't gained a lick)
Old 09-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #487  
Getting my life back

Yay for not gaining!

My problem with calorie counting, is when I binge, I don't log it. Partly because I don't remember everything I've stuffed in my mouth. I need to be better.

I also totally know what it's like to know what advice you'd give yourself, and yet... here you are, asking a question you've seen a million times. Totally been there.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #488  

Ok.... so i just had a "small" binge.... i had Doritos, 2 brigadeiro popsicles and a cheese bread. It's 1130 calories..... it could be worse! I'm definitely exercising more today in order not to gain weight. It happened for the most stupid reason.... i got the Doritos, which was suposed to be a treat, but i got the wrong one. I like the one that has no added spices but i got the one that's filled with cheesy powder and pepper. I ended up eating the whole bag because i got caught up in a traffic jam. It wasn't good, but i ate it anyway. When i got out of the bad traffic i stopped at a gas station and bought the 2 posicles and cheese bread. The popsicles i ate to soothe my tongue after all that pepper. The cheese bread i ate because it was there and it was cheap. That's how bizarre and irrational some of my binges can be.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #489  

Hello everyone, my name is Marina and I'm a foodaholic. I've been 49 minutes binge free. Lol!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-26-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #490  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Marina Brasil I think in some ways we all are. I love Doritos too! So I probably would have been snacking right along with you. Spicy Sweet Chilli is my favorite flavor .
Right now I am like negative 1500 cals for the week, soooo yeah I feel ya .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #491  
Getting my life back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Brasil View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Marina and I'm a foodaholic. I've been 49 minutes binge free. Lol!
*uniform unenthusiastic* "Hi Marina" *guy up front sighs and checks his watch*

XD

In all seriousness though, I know what it's like to eat something because hey... it's there...

I had a bagel and just tossed PB on it earlier because I wondered into the kitchen. I had to cut my dinner in half just to make up from the extra calories. Was almost a binge, until halfway through the bagel I realized what was starting. I didn't even NOTICE I was doing that!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

176.6 today. Hoping to keep it. As a diabetic I have to stay far far away from actual junk food but sometimes I get crazy with the "good" stuff.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #493  
Getting my life back

Lotsakids: Congrats, diabetic must be so hard.

I think someone should make a new thread, we're nearing our 500!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #494  

2 lbs up. I'm so out of control i might just eat the Will Power Dust a member of the october challenge just sent me ! Lol!

kurisitaru, when creating a new 180's thread should i copy the message in the first post of this thread?
Old 10-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #495  

^Maybe quote the last 5 posts or so?
Also, I hear ya on the self control. After checking in and saying I was over my bout of bingeing, I went right back into it. But I'm back on track now. I had to recenter and just promise myself I could make it through the rest of the week on-plan. If I could just do that, then I could give myself a pat on the back. And my reward is to pull the scale back out because I haven't weighed myself almost in a full week now -- too afraid to! lol