Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • I'm out !!! Can't wait to see you guys again in the 180s, and 170s, and so on! You can do it!
  • Good Job Driven!

I am still stuck at 194, I dropped like a stone to 191 and I think this is bounce back from losing really fast. My food is good, my exercise is good. Going to keep on keeping on~
  • lotsakids, you will get there. Hope the woosh fairy visits you soon!
  • Gosh I am still stuck too. I am not sure about my scale either. It is about 6 months old but didn't cost much. Now when I get on the scale it is all over the place and no readings the same. Today I weighed between 195-200! Not sure what to do. I can't buy a new scale when I don't like what it says! I can not eat any less.
  • I'm down to 192 this morning, keep doing what you are doing Scarlett. Maybe a little change in the diet. I ate more the last couple of days, keeping my eating to 3 hour intervals.
  • Hey everyone! Joining in this thread while I get out of the 190s, hopefully its quick since I am in the low 190s. I love seeing everyone's progress, this is great!
  • welcome Kabaker!
  • DrivenByAmbition! We hope to see you in the next thread soon

kabaker

scarletmeshell, I'm sure you already tried this, but I hear scale readings start to go bonkers when the batteries start dying - have you tried swapping them out? Switching topics, I do not watch the Biggest Loser, but your comment earlier in the thread had me seeing what happened on that last episode. Quite disturbing! I don't want to say more in case it would be a spoiler for some, although it's been in the news and whatnot.

lotsakids, great news on pushing thru 194 to 192. My weight is bouncing around and not dependable yet as far as staying in the 180s. I did hit a new low (189.2) but not sure if it will stay that low day-to-day. I don't miss it for real, but I kinda miss how when I was much, much heavier and dieting, I seemed to lose a tiny bit of weight every time I stepped on the scale. Since I am closer to a normal weight now, the losses are smaller and more difficult to get.

NSV - I WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND.

Not a victory - I've been sloppy counting calories. I have been extremely hungry the last week and have gone over daily calories here and there. I wanted to eat a huge bowl i.e. double serving of chili, with cheese and Fritos™ on it at almost midnight with no calories left for the day. I had to fix my "emergency snack plate™" that I deploy when I'm about to lose a will power battle in a particularly egregious manner. This is not a particularly appetizing plate and it doesn't make sense taste-wise, but it keeps me busy crunching for a while and helps me to feel full: pile of dill pickles, lots of chopped celery, a dollop of PB2 for dipping, and a ˝ side of bbq cracker chips, and a bottle of water. It ends up being just over 100 calories.

I'm entering a stage when I am happy with more conservative weekly weight loss as I approach my target weight. I think I'm trying to soft land into maintainence in the next few months. We will see how it goes!
  • TOOWICKY- I love the idea of an emergency snack plate. I am so going to have to get one together for the times when I am about to lose my willpower. Its a great idea.
  • Hi all!

Looks like more are about to jump into the 180's thread - it might liven it up!

I have hopefully kicked my plateau, and need to accept the rate of loss is less than it was as I approach target. And then I get to thinking about how I decided on that target, and what will it mean getting there ? I picked a number that still leaves me with an overweight BMI, but which I think is reasonable. I still feel I have another 7kg to go and then will be in true maintenance. Wow. This feels weird.

How did everyone here pick their targets ?

A, sort of, NSV - maybe a non-scale-pyrrhic-victory: I tried cross-country skiing again. I am hopeless at it thanks to poor balance and coordination but a friend persuaded me to have a lesson with her and an expert. Well, the expert kept saying my skies weren't gliding properly and couldn't work out why. Well, it turns out that skis are matched to weight, and I bought them three years ago! No way could I ski properly on them now!
  • Sorry, I know all this was said a few days ago-

JennyButler: I didn't think you were accusing me of being jealous of my mom I just wanted to clarify is all.

Llilith: I agree, not talking badly about one's weight or looks in front of children (boy or girl, but especially girl) is SO important. My mom was so very hard on herself in front of me and it most definitely had a negative impact on me. If I'm ever lucky enough to have children, one thing I plan to do is not speak poorly of my looks/weight/whatever in front of them. I actually don't do this anyway so it won't be a habit I need to change, but I really don't want to start doing it. Of course mothers don't do it thinking it will be bad for their children to hear, but it really is. Also, your daughter saying you felt like a pillow before is a very good way of describing how I feel about my mom. Pillows are soft and cuddly and cozy and good. Weird as it may sound, that's how my mom was like to me before. Not that I do any cuddling with her as an adult, but I was a very snuggly child!

TooWicky, congrats on weighing less than your husband now! I do, too, by a couple of pounds. It's nice for some reason. He's several inches taller than me and a bean pole. Yes, we're a goofy looking couple with a super tall, super skinny guy and a short, fat woman- I was like this when he married me so it wasn't a surprise or anything.

Also, good job on not giving in to your food cravings!! The Frito Pie sounds super yummy to me. We lived in Texas when I was a kid and I had my fair share of Fritos with chili and cheese, they even had it at kids' menus at restaurants. About once a year now I make it, just because. We almost always have tortilla chips because they're one of my husband's snacks of choice, but he's not a fan of Fritos (too thick I think), so if I want Frito Pie, I have to specifically plan to buy a bag of Fritos. For me, if I feel really strongly like I want to eat something I shouldn't, I do one of a variety of things depending on what I want. Much of the time I just power through. But if it's something we have on hand, I just have a little bite. Like a bite of my husband's pizza or one cracker, or if I want something sweet then a little square of chocolate. This has worked out surprisingly well for me. If I really want something carbohydrate laden and it's time for breakfast or lunch, I bust out the low carb tortillas and make a quesadilla in the toaster

Last of all, I'm down 2 pounds this week! 193 to 191. My scale was freaking out and kept saying I'd lost 3 pounds and am at 190, but finally it gave me 191 exactly and that's what I'm going with. Suppose I could have truly lost 3 pounds this week, but I'm skeptical. Looks like I'll be going into the 180s thread in a week or so, yay Also it looks like I'll probably make my goal of 190 by Valentine's Day.

I'll definitely be weighing myself in the MORNING because Valentine's Day is a celebration day for me, which means eating what I want. I'm planning to make scones for breakfast, eat healthy during the day (and send the rest of the scones to work with my husband), then we're going out for dinner and I'm going to make cookies for dessert when we get home. AND a pitcher of sangria. Oh, yes. Leftover cookies will go to work with my husband as well and he'll have most of the sangria, I'm not much of a drinker

CrazyCatWoman, it definitely makes sense that you are losing more slowly as you approach your goal! As long as the number's going down, I think you're in good shape!

To answer your question about target weight, I picked 150. That's a loss of 70 pounds for me. My primary motivation 150 is what I weighed 8 years ago, and my health was just fine then. My reason for losing weight is about 45% because of health concerns (I want to live a long time and keep my uterus), 45% because we really want a baby (my reproductive system is all messed up and I haven't ovulated/menstruated properly in years), and 10% because I just want to be skinnier. I think it was around 160-170 when my periods started getting messed up. Hopefully when I get to 150, I will be at a low enough weight that my period will normalize and I'll ovulate, and I'll be at a healthy weight for pregnancy. I really don't want to put my baby or myself in danger by being too overweight.

In all honesty, I'd like to get to lower than 150. Probably about 135 or wherever my body stops shedding weight based on what I consider to be healthy and reasonable eating and exercising habits. 150 is my big goal though and I will heave a sigh of relief when I get down to it.
  • Hello Everyone!
    195.6 today, maybe! My scale is still acting wierd even with the battery change. I am so glad no one is watching me hopping on and off the scale naked in the mornings!
  • Hi guys!

My official weigh-in day was this morning - 189.8 lbs. - a teeny tiny .2 lbs lighter than last week. Although this represents a slight bounce-up from the lows I saw during the week, this is the very first official weigh-in day I have had in the 180s, so that's somewhat encouraging.

, everyone!
  • Whoo Hoo TooWicky!!! congrats!!

Scarlett I do the naked scale jumping every morning too.

and I'm up to 194.2 again.... I usually weigh more on Monday though because of the weekend. I don't eat more or differently but because we spend the day at church 9 am - to 8 pm. I don't drink enough or move enough. The water there is yucky, I think next week I'm going to bring my own from home. I am spoiled by my well water I think!!
  • Great job Toowicky! Even if it wasn't a significant loss for the week its still awesome that you were in the 180s!