Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #31  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! We have the dreaded potluck in the office tomorrow. I'll have to try to be super disciplined! And then, I need to figure out something to bring. Way too much effort......

Went to the gym today for Body Pump. If I go tomorrow for spin (and I will go!), I'll have made it to the gym 5 days this week. That's my goal.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Hi everyone! We have the dreaded potluck in the office tomorrow. I'll have to try to be super disciplined! And then, I need to figure out something to bring. Way too much effort......
I feel your pain! We're throwing a Super Bowl Party for friends on Sunday. I've been on plan with no cheating for 9 days -- not so much as a sip of beer or a Diet Coke, but I am kind of nervous about this. I love entertaining, so I'm doing a lot of cooking which will keep my hands busy from all the pre-prepared munchies.

But I'm focused. I have a plan to make sure I'm full before people start coming over and have budgeted to allow myself to indulge but not overindulge and still be on plan.

In other news, weighed in at 270.0 this morning (a great loss, but really body, you couldn't have figured out that another .1 pounds would have been awesome!) and I can smell the 260's over all the dips on Sunday.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I read this today and wanted to share it with all of you.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas A. Edison

That is exactly what we are all doing, trying one more time.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #34  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Good morning intrepid relosers.

Slashnl - Good luck and good strength at the potluck. I hope you bring something on plan that you want to eat! If it helps, think about your coworkers' grubby little kids "helping" them make whatever they brought that looks off-plan to you. ;-)

Viking - One thing that works for me at such parties is to delay starting in on the snacks until toward the end of the party. It is a lot less difficult for me to eat none of something than it is to get the taste in my mouth and then STOP. So I would go into a Super Bowl party with the plan in mind not to touch the snacks until the second half or even the last quarter. That way even if i have trouble stopping it will be almost time to pack up. Plus that way other people might mop up the really dangerous (triggering) stuff before I have a chance at it.

Kat: Thanks for that. It is all part of a process for me, learning what i have to stay vigilant about, which changes need constant attention even if i sustained them for 3 years while losing the weight the first time.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #35  
Diane

Hi everyone. In the midst of potluck. It isn't too bad. There is the bad stuff, but someone brought fruit, oranges and blueberries for the Broncos, and there are veggies. Good way to look at it, Carter. I'm sure there are lots of little finger prints on the food. Ick!

I went to Spin class this morning, so that helped with burning some calories, too.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #36  
~Kim~

*Sigh* Me too. My highest weight ever was 275. In April of 2012 I was down to 182. Moved to Alaska, started working at a desk full time and gained most of it back over the last year and a half. Very depressing.

I'm moving back to Florida in a few months so no more long dark winters where I just want to eat comfort food and I can't find the energy or drive to exercise. Hoping to make it back down below 200 by the time I move and goal by the end of the year.

We've done it before, we can do it again. Hopefully this time we can figure out how to make it stick. =)
Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #37  
one choice at a time

Hello folks.

I went out to dinner last night. Although I ate more calories than I would on a typical day, I was pleased with how I handled the dinner - I handled it the way I did when I was busy losing 120 pounds. I did not feel out of control - I knew it would be a high-calorie meal and I made choices carefully within that understanding.

I suppose it is good to feel in control of something.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #38  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Im starting over as well. When I joined this forum I was 294 and then I went to 300 and now Im at 297, I started to try to lose weight in Aug. of 2013 and I lost 5 pounds then I got off plan and quit working out until Jan. 16th of this year, I stopped watching what I ate and working out when Thanksgiving came around so thats how I went from 294 to 300 but Like I said on Jan. 16th of this year I recommitted to lose more weight then I did the first time around, I want to actually make it to goal this time around.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-01-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Hey all,
I'm glad to find this thread. My story is not so different from yours. Good on you for taking these first steps. I've hit this point so many times before and I've become so hesitant to take the first step. I'm starting over because I've literally hit rock bottom. I don't know how to be enthusiastic about this process or even cautiously optimistic. So my goals are simple, just stay checked in for a week-mentally and on 3FC.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #40  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Hate to admit it, but I'm eligible for this club, too. I've lost and regained 50, 75, 90 and over 100 lbs in my lifetime. My latest weight loss effort (2 years this month) was supposed to be my LAST! But, I just can't stop regaining and losing 5-10 lbs over and over again. I remember how progress used to feel-- when the number went down and down, and clothes got smaller. Now, I'm stuck, or on the way back up. I know my history and just don't want to let it all slip away, and for once in my life, I'd love to reach goal.

When I finally snap out of things, weigh myself, and notice a gain, you would think I'd had a decadent week with cake, fried foods, sodas, etc... But, really, it's been as little as an artisan loaf of bread eaten over a week -- meals consisting mostly of carbs, but not that high in calories. I just have the wackiest metabolism. I must stay away from carbs -- or make sure I have protein at the same time. It just seems SO unfair!

Looks like there's lots of support here. I'll keep checking in.

PS Guacamole! So glad to see you here. I remember you and always loved reading your posts. I'm sorry you've had a rough time. Hang in there!

Last edited by AwShucks; 02-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #41  
one choice at a time

Hello regainers/relosers. <-- a little cardamom in my coffee today. It's lovely.

Today I am struggling with how SLOW the reloss process is. I have been on plan fairly well for 3 weeks now (since the day I got dumped ) and I have very little to show for it.

Well that is not strictly true. My body actually feels pretty good - the workouts make my muscles feel good, my body feels clean and operational in a way that it does not when I am binging a lot. So I am seeing benefits.

But I want to shed this extra fat! I am trying to bear in mind that at this weight I am not likely to be able to average more than half a pound of fat loss per week, and at that rate of loss my fluid fluctuations can easily mask a month OR TWO of meaningful fat loss. I keep trying to tell myself that but I am champing at the BIT to get back to where I was before I started the regain. GRRRR.

What's your relosing bugbear?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #42  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I finished my first week I must say I already feel better. I joined the new gym, and I love it there. One of my fears that held me back from joining a gym was it would be filled with willowy beautiful people, looking down their noses at short plump me. But the reality was sweet friendly people who seem to have the same weight struggles that I do. No staring, gawking, or pointing fingers... they are just busy working on their own. Why did I let my fear of people keep me away so long?? Anyway I had a good week of exercise, eating fruits, veggies, grilled chicken, etc.
I've noticed I sleep better at night. I don't wake up and toss and turn all night like I was before. Exercise makes you feel better....who knew??

Carter---I wanted to ask you about something- you said you put cardamom in your coffee. Does that make it taste sweet, or is it just a flavor like cinnamon? I am a coffee drinker. I use creamer and sugar. I'm trying to cut the sugar out of my life. I have done great in the food area, but with coffee I just can't seem to do without sugar. I haven't found an artifical sweetner that tastes good.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

I'm gonna jump on this thread because, well, it pretty much sums me up. My highest weight post baby #2 was an eye popping 252. I always get down to around 220 then something just, putters out and I lose steam and regain. Right now I'm around 241 which isn't great but at least I didn't increase my highest weight. (Trying to find something positive. )

Working and going to school full time with a family means I have very little spare time. I'm trying to plan in advance to make sure I make good food choices. I really need to stay away from high, simple carbs/surgars in the afternoon and evening as they lead to binges.

I'm trying to make it a "fast food free February". One month to set the foundation to develop good habits. I'll see where everything goes from there.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #44  
Diane

Hi all. Well, weighed in this morning. Up .2 lbs. I had a good week last week, but the weight just didn't budge. I was able to work out 5 days last week and was on plan until yesterday anyway! Oh well, maybe next week will be better.

So, Carter, I'm like you. I hate the slow process. I wish there was a reset button. But, I guess we just need to keep going forward. As long as it generally keeps going down, then it is good.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 220 / 198 / 155

Height: 5' 2"

Red face Making it to goal this time!

This is the third week into my restart with Ideal Protein. First week = 2.5 pounds, Second week = 3.5 pounds. Superbowl party was certainly tough with all the yummy crackers, chips, and cheese dip. But, I made it through with a few bites here and there....hopefully not enough to effect the week's weigh in.

I lost 60 pounds last year...15 pounds from my goal. Then my life was turned upside down with my dad's stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I took leave from my job and lived with my parents to help out for two months. My dad passed away, the funeral service was finished, I came back to work....and within about 6 months total, I gained 35 pounds back!

So I'm back on it again, hoping I will make it to goal this time.
Closed Thread