Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Uber - it's not the turkey burger that had all the calories. It was the butter coated grilled bun, the mayo, the cheese, the breadcrumbs and eggs for filler in the burger, etc. All that stuff they have to throw in there to make turkey burgers palatable
You are so right. I was in denial! The patty itself was 220 and everything else I guess adds up to 730. I like turkey burgers and eat them at home quite a bit: mine is a small bun (140) a turkey burger patty (170) and some lettuce onion and pickle. The whole kit and caboodle is under 400... course now I understand why that one tasted so darn good! Plus, the little buns that have 140 cals are probably a third as big as the giant buns at the restaurant. At least I enjoyed it.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #317  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

I can eat other turkey things... But I tend to find ground turkey bland, and the texture a little weird. Turkey smoked sausage, breakfast sausage, bacon... all good. And oh man, the sweet italian turkey sausages for the grill, AMAZING. I just don't really like ground turkey/turkey burgers.

Here's a yummy find: Caramel Macchiato Greek Yogurt. It's full fat, 170 calories for the 5.3oz cup... BUT SO GOOD. I'm eating it with a smallish banana, so it's about 260 calories. Probably would make a good breakfast, but I'm eating it as a mid-afternoon snack.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #318  

Hi all
I'm hoping I can jump in here too. I am recommitting today. I posted in the intro board too. I was in this forum group before (2006 ish) and had successfully lost about 50 lbs ( I am just about 100 lbs overweight). Anyway I was going along doing well, got into a bad relationship and the rest is history. I gained back every pound. As much as I go through 'spurts' of trying I have not been successful yet at recommitting. I'm hoping coming here helps. I had a rough winter with a sprained ankle and a rough spring with bad poison ivy so even though I work out with a trainer once a week I just haven't been doing my homework. I haven't been working out like I should and my food.... It's bee awful. My biggest food struggle is actually alcohol. I am very much struggling with drinking too which is a major player in my weight problem as well as carbs in general. Pasta, bread, bad office snacks. Bad things you eat when you are hungover because you drank to much because you are sad about being fat and just feel defeated.

Today I'm recommitting to my health. I'm trying to own up and accept my mistakes getting off track. This site helped me accomplish that before so I'm coming back. We have taken all alcohol out of the house. Tomorrow I see the trainer. I'm assembling healthy calorie conscious meals for the rest of the week.... Calorie counting and exercise is what worked before. I'm hopping joining this thread is a good place for me to get back in the saddle. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #319  
~*Mandy*~

Hello Sunny!

It sounds like you have a whole lot on your plate to deal with right now. I wish you luck and hope to see you posting frequently!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #320  
~*Mandy*~

I would just like to state for the record that I just made 3 dozen white chocolate dipped Oreo cookies and DIDN'T SAMPLE A SINGLE ONE. The only "tasting" I did was licking the melted white chocolate off of my fingers when I was finished. YAY WILLPOWER
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #321  

Thanks Fera it's great to be here.

I know it's only 10:22 am but I'm so far doing good and feeling good about today. My mind is much clearer than yesterday. I have better focus. I got up this morning and had an awesome 5am workout with my trainer, ate a balanced breakfast and actually made myself look nice for work today (vs ties hair up, skips makeup and wears jeans and flip flops every day). I'm now enjoying my mid-morning snack - pineapple and grapes! Day 1 on plan, day 2 off alcohol. I'm probably going to be reading the boards all day taking it more hour to hour than day to day right now while I'm building myself back up...but that's ok you guys are inspirational and I'd really like to break my bad streak and get out of the 240s asap.

Last edited by SunnyMac; 06-03-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #322  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome SunnyMac! So glad that you can join us! It is funny that even though it is so easy to get off track and gain the weight back, it really feels good to be on plan, exercising and eating right. I don't know why I forget that!! Good for you with your new plan!

Uber: Hope your weigh in is a good one! You're doing so well!

Fera: Good job on avoiding the Oreos. Those sound good!

Went to body pump this morning. It seemed harder than usual. I didn't go all last week, so that's a lot of it. And, I started the squat and abs challenge on Sunday, so that's been making me a little more sore. But, just need to push onward!

It was funny today. I had two people from the gym that I've seen, but I don't know them, mention that they think I look good and they can tell I've lost weight. While that is great, and I appreciate it, it also makes me a little uncomfortable. I have forced myself to just say thank you, rather than adding something like... Ya, but I have a long way to go. I just prefer my anti-social ways at the gym. But, I was nice... Ha!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #323  
~*Mandy*~

Diane... Going to the gym is so hard for me. I'm always nervous people are gonna laugh at the fat girl dying and out of breath a low setting on the elliptical or something. I don't know what I'm gonna do when we leave the campus here and I don't get the "gym" to myself anymore. And I would definitely be a little uncomfortable with random people telling me they've noticed. So good job being gracious, you're stronger than I am!

Sunny... Good job taking it day by day! Too often people look at the end of the road and think it's too far to travel then get content where they are. I know, because I did this myself. One day at a time. If you want, over on the 300+ board I have a thread that you might like to join in with! It's "Today's Victory, Tomorrow's Battle" and I started it because I found that finding something I did today, no matter how small, worth celebrating. Yesterday it was not eating all those Oreos! And then something to strive for the next day, small or big, to keep me focused (more walking, because my dog-sitting duties are done).

For now though, I must get prepared to travel, as we'll be out of town the next several days. I'm not falling off, I promise! I will probably even use the hotel wifi to come post!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #324  

Hi Sunny, and welcome!

I know how hard it is to white knuckle through those first few days. I always feel like if I can stick with a plan for 3 days then it gets a lot easier. I like to check in here often as well. It helps keep my mind in the game.

Fera Fila-- Oreos are like crack for me. How awesome that you managed to resist. That is such a great feeling!

Diane--- your gym story is inspiring me. I used to work out all the time, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

So, my weigh in for today: Down 5.5 the first week! :-) So happy to be starting off with a bang. I know I won't be able to keep up that rate for long. I started off last week with a start weight of 280, on an analog scale. I noticed that the needle was sort of jumping around and I wasn't sure about it, so I switched to a digital scale and realized that I was actually starting at 285. :-( So at the end of the first week, I'm down 5.5 actual and .5 from where I set my ticker. My current mini-goal is 260. I last weighed that much back before Christmas, so it seems like a reasonable goal.

Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #325  
~*Mandy*~

YAY for first week big losses! Mine was about the same. Makes you want to keep going. I'm about 20 pounds away from my first mini-goal, too (get my butt back under 300 pounds. ugh).

And I hear you on the first few days. I felt like I was starving and about to die because I wanted to EAT for the entire first week. It was almost like a withdrawal from food. Still kinda hard because you *have* to eat. You can't just quit food cold turkey.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #326  
~*Mandy*~

Okay. I'm headed out of town tomorrow so I weighed in this morning as an early weigh-in, not expecting to see much... Shocker, I'm down 2 pounds from Friday to 317.6, even after eating out twice on Sunday!

I'm assuming part of that is the new batteries in the scale, and not so much losing 2 pounds in 4 days. But it was still nice to see. 18 pounds til I see a 2 again! My goal is 299 by the end of July. I can SO do this!!

Especially if I don't go nuts while I'm out of town for the next few days.

Be back Monday night... y'all have fun and save my seat.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #327  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Fera: Yay you!!! Nice loss for you! Have fun while out of town. We'll be here waiting to hear how it all goes! I'm excited for you to reach the 2's! I know how you feel about the gym. I do think that at my gym, especially since I go early in the morning, that the people there are not judging. These are people just trying to get their own workout in before work. It may be different with the after 5:00 crowd. Sometimes it seems a little more of a social hour then, with younger people. But, if they are judging, then that is their problem!!!

Uber: NICE first loss! That's so great to start out that well. Now you know you can do it!! I'll tell you the hardest part of going to the gym is first starting out. But for me, the first week was all about walking through the door. If I made it there, it was a victory. I didn't really worry about what I did, just that I got there. Then, the next week, I had workout goals, like a set amount of time on the elliptical or bike. Finally, made it to where I felt I could start classes and at first, I just wanted to survive. After that, then I set new goals to improve what I was lifting or keeping it going on the bike in spin. I think it is just important to keep pushing yourself, even if just a little.

As you can tell, I love working out and what is offered at my gym. It has made such a difference in my life, how I feel and how my body is starting to shape up, I just hate it when I can't go. To me, the hardest part is keeping my calories down. I love good food, it isn't usually junk that gets to me. But I also love cakes, cookies, etc. That has taken the most discipline.

Anyway, went to Spin this morning. Someone had my favorite bike, so I went to a different one. Well, when the sun came up, it was shining in my eyes and for a moment I thought that I would need to move. But then it kind of was nice, not horribly blinding or anything. I guess because I work in an overly air-conditioned office, it felt kind of nice.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #328  

Fera: So happy for the 2 lbs. It's so motivating to see the scale drop! 18 lbs is really not much and I think you can make your goal! Have fun and see you when you get back!

Diane: I know what you mean about walking through the door! What's holding me back right now is that I moved recently and so I have to join a new gym and I'm just reluctant about the cost. I KNOW it's worth it, but it's still hard for me to convince myself to spend the money.

I needed a new digital food scale and I just got one: so, I discovered that I was so nervous about underestimating portion sizes that I was overestimating. So, 4 oz looked HUGE. (I must have been eating about 2 oz) No wonder I lost 5.5 pounds in a week. And no wonder I was SO STARVING. Ate 7 oz of steelhead trout with zucchini last night and it was AWESOME.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #329  
~*Mandy*~

Did you know? NOTHING is 'free' at the Marriott. Seriously. You have to *pay* for wi-fi. $4 a day. We caved and ordered it for 3 days, but STILL. And breakfast's cheapest option?! 13 per person. THIRTEEN DOLLARS. At a cheap hotel at least you get a free bagel and wifi. I know we're at the Marriott, but we're still broke, and someone else is paying for the room because we *have* to be here. Lame. We'll be getting Subway flat bread sammiches for breakfast tomorrow heh.

What a long drive! 10+ hours in the car. We had Subway for lunch, and Arby's for dinner (and we're using the stairs to/from our 2nd floor room). It was nice to walk to the restaurant after spending 600+ miles worth of highway in the car. I told hubby "we're getting the wifi, I need my support network to keep myself in check" He didn't put up a fight. I love him much. Even with all the driving, the walking I've made sure to do, I still managed to get almost 2 miles of walking! (I'm sure most of that was this morning when I was running around like crazy making sure we had everything)

I'm dragging now though, so I think it's bed time. I'll check in tomorrow (if hubby let's me borrow his computer).
Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #330  

Hi Fera, glad you're enjoying your trip! It makes me nuts when hotels charge for wi-fi. Thirteen dollars is crazy. Sigh. At least your hubbie understood why you need support. I always end up forking over for the wi-fi when I'm traveling.

Today is day 10 for me, and I woke up this morning feeling slightly sick of it. Last day of school for the kids. Looking forward to the more relaxed schedule of summer. Love summer cooking and always eat less when it's hot (which it isn't, right now...) Hope you all have a great day.
Closed Thread