3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   getting out of the 280's and 270's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/289287-getting-out-280s-270s.html)

skinnyki 02-20-2014 03:50 AM

Thanks Slashnl :) I'm glad u don't mind.

Lindy 87 "my friend" has come to visit me too. And really over ate today by of her. I know the scale is up I am definitely retaining lots of water. Tempted to not step on the scale for a few days until it's over. But I know I will be I'm obsessed lol. I won't count it tho I will wait until it's over. Today has to be a much better day as far as eating i sllowed myself some comfort food now i must get back on track!

Slashnl 02-20-2014 11:08 AM

Sneaked a peek again at the scale. If it holds, I should have a pretty good loss for next Monday's official weigh in. I'm trying to figure out if I'm accomplishing anything better by having an official weigh in day. I think it is good for comparison, but I still check other times. I guess I'll leave it for now.

I've been keeping track of my calories with MyFitnessPal. Yesterday, I didn't have time to make my lunch, so I went out for lunch. I think I did ok, getting a bean tostada. It was from a non-franchise Mexican restaurant, so I had to kind of guess on the calories, comparing to other entries that were listed. I felt like what I put in was low, because I really still felt somewhat full when I got home last night. I didn't eat a lot for dinner, because I was afraid I was off on my count. But then it showed I was WAY under for calories for the day. I guess I think I still need to listen to my body rather than completely relying on the calorie count app. Or just do what I think is right, and quit second-guessing myself! :)

I don't know. Wish all of this was easy.

skinnyki 02-23-2014 08:00 AM

Weigh in day. Well i weigh everyday but today is the day i track. Also Tom and had alcohol last night so we shall see. Whatever it is i still make a commitment to myself to keep going iwill not be ddiscouraged whatsoever! I am determined to get out of the 280s!!!

JzBelle 02-23-2014 03:25 PM

Hello... anybody home?
I'm new to this board.
weighed my all time high of 285 last Thursday morning. I've trying to eat healthier for now, while I try to figure out what structured plan I'm going to start in the next week or two.
Good news--I seem to be down 2.5lbs already. I haven't been weighing myself for ages though. that start weight may have been high from salt or something?

Slashnl 02-23-2014 04:07 PM

Skinnyki: Hope the scale is good to you!!!

JzBelle: Welcome!

I'm having one of those "I'm starving" days. I am keeping busy trying not to think about it. I don't want to sacrifice my weigh in tomorrow.

JzBelle 02-24-2014 01:03 PM

HI Slashnl--Thanks for the welcome. hope you survived your hungry day!

Slashnl 02-24-2014 01:32 PM

JzBelle: Yep, made it. I was over my calorie goal, but just by 30 or so. Could have been worse.

I had a good weigh in today. I lost 3.8, so I'm really close to making it to the 270's. Yay! I looked on the scale and saw 280.2, and at first I thought "really? I can't have just a little more off to make it into the 270's?", but I realize that this was a good loss. It made up for the not so good loss last week. I just want to give this weight loss challenge I'm in at work my very best effort. I don't want to look back and regret not doing more.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Avezy44 02-24-2014 02:21 PM

Ladies, I am proud and sad to say that in less than 1lb I will be leaving this thread and joining the 260s 250s thread :) Of course.. the bulk of weight loss came from being sick all last week... but I guess I can be happy that it's out of the way. haha Hope all you lovelies are having a wonderful Monday :)

Slashnl 02-25-2014 11:52 AM

Avezy: That's good news! I don't want to say that we hate to see you go, because it is such a great step for you. But, you'll be missed! Hopefully you can move soon! Good luck!

Nothing new here. I am still trying to figure out if my "official" weigh in day is a good idea. I check the scale throughout the week, but only record what happens on Monday mornings. I guess that's probably the best way to have a good comparison. I know that recording a lower weight from a day other than Monday would be fun, but if it were up, I'd have to be fair and record that. So, I guess I'll stick to Mondays. I did see 279 today, though! :)

Mori M 02-25-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avezy44 (Post 4950507)
Ladies, I am proud and sad to say that in less than 1lb I will be leaving this thread and joining the 260s 250s thread :) Of course.. the bulk of weight loss came from being sick all last week... but I guess I can be happy that it's out of the way. haha Hope all you lovelies are having a wonderful Monday :)

that one pound to 269 is KILLING me!

skinnyki 02-26-2014 09:36 PM

Hello all
doing OK slowly coming down from the TOM water weight also I haven't been drinking nearly enough water which maybe why. Still Determined To Get Out Of The 280s No Matter how Long it takes! I'm having one of thosemI'm so hungry days as well. But i refuse to Sabotage myself so I Will Just Drink Some Water and go to bed!!

Congrats on those of you that is moving to the 260 250 forum! That's so exciting hope to join u there one day.

The 280s are hard to get out of for me. I flew thru the 290s but i have struggled all thru the 280s. I just need to makes some changes and be consistent with it. My hope is that the 270s will be easier :)

Slashnl 02-27-2014 12:21 PM

Keep hanging in there, Skinnyki! You are doing great. Working toward these darn decade goals can be so difficult! Maintaining patience is hard. Those are such big steps that I just crave breaking through.

Nothing new here. Went to Body Pump and I increased my weights. I may be feeling it tomorrow, but I want to keep progressing.

Have a great day!

JzBelle 02-27-2014 06:05 PM

Hi Ladies--I'm lurking around. Had a rough day yesterday. When I went to get dressed for work I have no idea what I did but sharp muscle spasm pain errupted around my left hip/lower back. I did my best to ignore it and keep going but YIKES it hurt! Then in the afternoon I had some kind of wierd allergy fit that lasted for a good hour or so of sneezing and being stuffy.
got home, took advil, got out the heating pad and made not the healthiest dinner of something found in my freezer.
I feel better today but definitely didn't lose any weight.

I chatted with my sister about the elimination diet I told her I was going to try [but forgot that I had mentioned it to her a few weeks ago]. Think I will give that a try. So now I'm working on a shopping list to stock up on 'safe' foods that will be healthy and less fattening than what I've been living on the last few months!:o
My back is better today btw. [thank goodness!] not 100% but not terrible!

Slashnl 02-28-2014 12:05 PM

JzBelle: Ugh! What a day you had yesterday! Glad you're doing better today. The last thing we all need is to have some kind of obstacle when we're trying to lose weight!

Made it through the last 5 days, going to the gym every day. I want to go tomorrow, too, and then take Sunday off. It is getting better and I'm excited about feeling better and stronger. I sometimes feel like I might die when I'm in the middle of either Spin class or Body Pump, but when I think back to when I first started going back to the gym in January, I know I've come a long way. I am happy about that. Still a very long way to go ahead of me, but I am doing a little celebration today.

Looking forward to the weekend!!

Bdg1985 02-28-2014 02:31 PM

Hi all!

My name is Britnee and this is my very first post on this site! I have been reading over the forums for a couple days and decided I might as well jump on in!

271 is the highest I have ever (*and will ever*) weighed. I started on Jan 1st by drinking NO pop! And thus far, I have been successful! I only drink water and (rarely) sweet tea. This was a huge change for me seeing as how I used to drink 4-5 cans of pop a day! Horrible, i know!

I just started a couple weeks ago eating approx 1500 calories a day and also exercising 5 days a week, and I just *feel* so much better. But with that being said, I have a question. On another site when I posted this information- I got slammed by a bunch of people telling me "You need to figure out your BMR and NEVER ever eat below it" or "You need to take your TDEE and - 20% and never eat any less than that"....It doesnt help that I looked into that and those numbers vary from site to site...So im beyond confused now as to how many I should be eating.:dizzy: I have enough weight that I can afford to lose 2lbs/week, and I would love to do so. I guess my concern is that I dont want to eat NOT enough and exercise TOO much and cause a huge deficit and not get anywhere. Can any of you guys make this a little more clearer for me?:?:

Either way, Im glad to read through forums were you dont seem to be bashing one another. I truly need support, motivation and just a group of people who understand that I am a human (with feelings) on this end who is trying to make a lifestyle change! Thanks and good luck to us all! :)