290s accountability

You're on Page 10 of 19
Go to
  • I don't have much to report, but I figured I'd check in with y'all...

When I weighed myself on Tuesday, part of my new plan to weigh myself once a week instead of once a month, I was back up to 292 (from 289). That was discouraging, but I know darn well that our bodies have a 4 pound range depending on how much fluid we have on board. It's just so hard on my mood when I see an increase, I think I'll probably go back to once a month. My husband thinks the ambitious brisk 1.5 mile walk I took last week may have swollen my muscles some, and thus more water weight. Meanwhile, I'm not going to change my ticker...

Mostly these days, now I've conquered my problem with emotional/compulsive junk food eating, is to settle into eating patterns that I can sustain for the duration. I'm trying to do the thing where you "zig-zag" your food intake, doing some days that are a fast or nearly so, and others with a reasonable number of calories. But I'm temperamentally averse to counting anything, so I'm just playing it by ear, so long as I stick to the low-carb plan I've been on for a long time.

TheSecondHalf— A belated happy birthday to you! Try to have some perspective about turning 41: I'm 58, and I don't know how that happened, either. =laugh= Watch out for those Girl Scout cookies: they are eeeeeeevil.

livcarter— Welcome on board! I've always liked the name "Liv"—something perky & self-sufficient-sounding about it—but of course those are just my personal associations. =smile=

CeeJay— Congrats on being 288, and have a good 2 weeks off! I hope your visit with family & friends goes well. And thanks for the comments on my yappy dog scenario: I hope it proves useful to you.

kendrabear— Welcome back! I find it helps me a lot to post once a day at least somewhere on 3FC: it just gives me a sense of being accountable to myself. That's nice you have your 5th anniversary with your BF to work toward. It's always nice to have a future date like that. I have a Belgian friend who is hopefully coming to visit me in September, so that's what I'm using to help me stay focused.

ShelBl— I hope things are going well with you. Watch out for those Ben & Jerry evenings: I suppose hanging out with those guys is sort of like a recovering alcoholic hanging out with their old pals who are still drunkards. =laugh=
  • Fiona W. You've made it so far already! Congratulations.

My scale says I'm down 2.6 lbs. My scale also didn't want to decide on one weight so it may be time to trade it in for a new one.

I bought Wii Fit U (my boyfriend paid for half). Did a workout yesterday and I'm about to go over there today. It definitely gets you sweating. But I'm definitely not able to do all the moves yet. But all in all so far I like it and it's definitely cheaper that a gym membership.
  • Hey all!

As of Friday I was down to 290. I'm hoping at my next Friday weigh in I'll officially be leaving the 290's behind.

FionaW: Thanks, I always like when my name has positive connotations for others. Conquering compulsive eating is the hardest part so it sounds like you are on a great path. The water weight retention gain that so many people on here have mentioned when exercising has made me a little reluctant to start. I'm going to try and get over it and start this week.

TheSecondHalf
    - I'm glad you and your family are all on the mend. Hopefully you'll all be 100% for your daughter's bday.
  • Hi all. I was down in the 280's, but I'm back up in the 290's. I've started going to the gym and I think it might be some water retention, but I want to stay honest with myself and post in the right place. Sounds like you all are doing well!! Maybe by next week I can show a loss too.

Onward and upward. I went to Spin class today after having been away from it for a long time. It was tough, but I made it! Body Pump tomorrow, and then I'll really be sore...

That's what you get when you don't keep with it!!
  • Hello!

Welcome to the new ladies, glad to have you!

TheSecondHalf, happy belated birthday. I'm almost 43 and I can't figure out when the **** I got to be this old either. I think it's a trick.

I haven't been on the boards in days and days. No motivation. :\ Holding at 293 though, so some of my previous changes are apparently sticking even though I feel like I'm just back to putting whatever I want in my mouth. Meh.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday, and that CeeJay is not missing us at ALL on her trip.
  • Well I am sad to report that I weighed in at 295 this morning. That is more than my starting weight. Now I'm 99.99% percent sure it's from exercising, but it's still discouraging. Not that I'm making the situation any better. I made myself a snack of nachos that was big enough for 2 people.
  • Hi all. Made it to Body Pump. It was hard... But, glad I made it there. I think that I'll be pretty sore tomorrow. That's the price you pay when you quit going and then try to go back. I am hoping I can make it through the 2 weeks or so of total discomfort and then start trying to improve. I have been doing ok with food, but need to be careful. Dinners are such a temptation for me.

ShelBl, I feel for you. I understand that lack of motivation. You get to the point that you just don't have the drive to tackle it all. Hope it comes around for you!

Kendrabear, did you just start exercising? I've heard that your body tends to hold on to extra water until it gets used to the extra activity. I do think that exercise is a benefit to how you feel overall. Hang in there!
  • Slashnl I did just start exercising again. It didn't happen to me last year but this year I started Wii Fit and the strength training has left me with some minor muscle soreness so I am guessing I was just holding water for healing.

I did weigh in at 289 this morning but I do know it's going to go higher once I get some water and food in me. It was still nice to see that number again though.
  • Hi all! Hard to type as had crafting situation that ended in small trip to ER. Fine now but no more hot glue. Will carch up when index fingers are better
  • I had an "incident" with a craft knife a couple of years ago that I still have a scar from. Crafting is dangerous business!!

Feel better soon.
  • I didn't go to the gym today because I am so sore. I figured I would just take a little break and go back tomorrow. It's been good to get back to it, but I don't want to hurt myself more than necessary!!

ShelBl - I took a peek at my scale today, although I don't make it official until Monday, and it was down to 189, too. I just was curious if it was moving at all, and if so, was it going down. I'm not changing anything yet though! I don't know why I have such a strict rule about official weigh in for me. I just always have counted the Monday morning weight.

SecondHalf - OUCH! Those hot glue guns are dangerous!!! Hope you get healed up!
  • Went to Body Pump yesterday and spin class today. Well, they cancelled spin class because the audio system wasn't working. So, there were 5 of us that just used the bikes for awhile. I don't get why you can't do the class without music! It is better with the music, but really???? To completely cancel it?? Stupid!
  • I have cut off the very end of my left index finger with an Xacto so many times, my finger nail bed is crooked. I can not TELL you how many late night design projects ended with tears and blood. Gross.

My burns are NASTY...not bad but uggggleeee. I'm going to have to come up with a better scar excuse

I start WW on Thursday! I missed it this week and I've been to this location before, there is only one leader I really connect with. She's a goofball but she's very encouraging. The others are just kind of flat (for me, perfect for other people, I'm sure). I am signing up for six months so I HAVE to go.

Can't wait!

Hope you are all doing well. Enjoy the long weekend (if you get one!).
  • I'm going to WW tomorrow. I have ROTTEN PMS so I'm going to be tacking on a few pounds. I'll look like a rock star next week when I magically lose seven or eight pounds I'm really excited to get started. I am paying 6 months in advance so I can't quit! If anyone is interested in the link, I can send it to you. It's not available in all areas, but it's worth a shot if you've been thinking about joining.

I need to start walking but my leg is still kinda gross and it gets twingy when the bandages pull. It's so minor, I don't know how people deal with major injuries!

I need to put together a shopping list so I can set myself up for the best possible first week.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • Hello lovlies!!

I don't feel so bad about being quiet, as it seems that we all have been. 291 today, so I'm on track for our end of the month challenge!! We just have to figure out a cool new group name.

TheSecondHalf - Are you left handed?