Old 05-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Today at work they were having a pizza party. I changed into my running outfit, went out and ran 7 miles came back and fortunately the pizza was gone and I ate the heathy lunch I brought.

A couple of co-workers expressed being baffled by my motivation. Well I was NOT motivated. I WANTED to hang out and stuff at least 3 pieces of pizza down my throat. I really really really wanted to do that.

But I didn't because I just don't give myself that option. Period. I'm committed even when I'm not motivated. That is so hard to explain, though!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
I sometimes tell myself "You don't have to want to--you just have to do it".

So, I don't have to want to exercise, I don't have to want to follow my eating plan for the day--wanting to is optional. It's sort of like "there is no 'try'".

Thanks for posting this, Mozzy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Today at work they were having a pizza party. I changed into my running outfit, went out and ran 7 miles came back and fortunately the pizza was gone and I ate the heathy lunch I brought.

A couple of co-workers expressed being baffled by my motivation. Well I was NOT motivated. I WANTED to hang out and stuff at least 3 pieces of pizza down my throat. I really really really wanted to do that.

But I didn't because I just don't give myself that option. Period. I'm committed even when I'm not motivated. That is so hard to explain, though!

Jen
Both of these posts really struck me, I loved them.

I'm finally at a point after all these months that exercise and eating right actually comes naturally (not that I always want to do them, but I know they have to be done. Does that make sense?)

It's no longer a matter of "if", it's just "when". And sometimes "when" means I'm on my treadmill at 9pm at night. If I can't log my daily exercise in MFP and my food journal, I get quite anxious. And seeing my food logged with 99% healthy choices makes me excited. Seriously, like obnoxiously excited knowing I conquered another day.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #18  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

It is SO true, and so good of you to put it up! I need to put this up so I see it everyday. Thanks!

Cherrypie99 - OMG! THAT is commitment with a capital C Great job!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #19  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Cherrypie-- I'm impressed!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #20  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I have ZERO motivation. Honestly. Not a single shred of it. I just happen to like being smaller. I'll throw my resources at this as and when I can, and it's slow, but the only way my scale goes overall... Is down. Gradual integration of healthier habits doesn't take motivation, it takes persistence. Aaaaand motivation and persistence could not be more different!!

You've got it bang on. Keep on keeping on, and I hope you feel better
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote