Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #16  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 300/298/200

Height: 5'7

I work in a medical clinic so I am sick several times a year. My worse time is in April and May. I am usually sick for a couple of weeks back to back.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #17  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm almost never sick but have been hit hard twice in the last month. First ith norovirus and now with a nasty cold. Boo!

For me it isn't supplement based or nutritionally based, I am very vigilant on both counts and have eaten and supplemented the same during the years I was healthy as a horse and times like now. Stress makes me vulnerable - right now busyness and a lack of sleep are th primary culprits, along with especially virulent strains.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #18  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I have been sick once in the last couple of years. I think it was from opening up our old moldy bathroom walls though. DBF gets sick frequently, I think his is stress related.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #19  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Maybe mine is stress related too....Hm. I'm still feeling crummy.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #20  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
I get a tummy bug about once a year and it's usually a doozy. (Remember the swine flu a couple years ago? Thought I was gonna DIE.)
Oh God, I seriously want to get my memory wiped Eternal Sunshine style so I can forget having the swine flu - I got it at the same time I had dry socket in all five of my wisdom teeth extraction points and thought I was going to DIE. I'm not a pansy about pain and suffering at all and I was literally begging the ER staff in tears to give me something to knock me out! WORST FLU EVER.

I get sick several times a year, but I work as a nanny (kids bringing home germs from school!) and as a doula (germy hospitals!) so I don't feel like I get sick an excessive amount, given the circumstances.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #21  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
Oh God, I seriously want to get my memory wiped Eternal Sunshine style so I can forget having the swine flu - I got it at the same time I had dry socket in all five of my wisdom teeth extraction points and thought I was going to DIE. I'm not a pansy about pain and suffering at all and I was literally begging the ER staff in tears to give me something to knock me out! WORST FLU EVER.

I get sick several times a year, but I work as a nanny (kids bringing home germs from school!) and as a doula (germy hospitals!) so I don't feel like I get sick an excessive amount, given the circumstances.
Did you at least lose some serious poundage for the trouble?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #22  

Default All the time!

All the time - but fit people get sick too!

It's just that I feel so sad and depressed when I'm sick
DietHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #23  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I've always been relatively healthy, but I noticed right before I started changing my lifestyle that i was getting tonsillitis frequently and gum infections too. I usually only get one real cold a year. Kidney stones is what gets me. Two hospitalizations in two years.

Last edited by Radiojane; 05-16-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #24  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Did you at least lose some serious poundage for the trouble?
Probably - I was so dehydrated from severe nausea that I got IV fluids at the hospital, but this was a few years ago when I wasn't actively losing weight and wasn't weighing. If I DID lose anything, I definitely gained it back when I started eating normally again!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #25  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Rarely.

After thinking about it, I call in an average of 2 days a year.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #26  

For me it several time to be went to hospital. I think it very sad when I go there.
johnwses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I never got sick very much until I lived in my first apartment in Florida. It was an older complex and water heaters kept exploding and flooding apartments. Soooo, I got A TON of mold. I had to fight with the office to basically replace my dry wall but that took months until I threatened to get a lawyer and showed her a video tape of every single place I had mold. Behind my washer wasn't even white anymore. I got a cold after all this flooding started and it did not go away for six months until they replaced the dry wall.

I have been sickly ever since. I have asthma now. Between November and March every single year I get bronchitis AT LEAST 4 times, this year it was 6. I'm constantly on antibiotics during the winter and frequently need more than one dose to get rid of it.

On the bright side I have never once in my life gotten any flu. I have shared drinks with someone who had the flu and still not gotten it. I think the last time I had a stomach bug was about 7 years ago. The last time I got an intestional bug was 12 years ago. And in both of those cases my entire family got them from my brother who was in daycare and I was the last person to get it by several days.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote