Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #1  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Default Getting Honest About My Plateau

So I just plugged my food from yesterday into a calorie counter and I get why I'm on a plateau. I kept telling myself that my eating hasn't changed...but it has. The little extras really add up. So I'm facing this now and I'm going to get back on my plan right away.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Good for you for facing facts! Those sneaky little extras really are a pain in the neck. I bet you'll break out of your plateau in no time.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

That's a huge step. While I hate doing it, I enter everything in myfitnesspal every morning BEFORE I eat anything. Then as I go through the day, if something else gets eaten, I either adjust what's left or else admit that today I'm going over. Wish I could be in the group that just knows what to eat and doesn't have to track it, but it's not to be. Congrats on getting a handle on this now at the plateau level before it become the weight gain.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #4  
Finally in control.

Well I've been complaining for the last month that the scale isn't moving as it should and now I realize why. It sucks that this is something that I'm going to have to be super vigilent about forever but it's something that has to be done so I might as well accept it and move on.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Frustrating when you are trying to lose weight, but it sounds like that was a good preview of what you'll be able to do in maintenance!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #6  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

That is a huge step for sure! I know where you are coming from, as I was dealing with the same issues. Now I am logging every single BIT of food that goes into my mouth, and I don't mind overestimating a little on each meal just to be safe. In just this week, the scale has started moving again. Granted it is only a pound lost so far, but that is going to make quite a difference in the long run.

Good for you, and keep on top of it! Facing yourself honestly will really make all the difference in the world!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

It's a hard point to come to but yeah I've been around the same weight for about 10 months and I have no illusions as to why that is. I still count and track diligently every single day but my calorie counts reveal exactly why my weight isn't moving. It's all the little extras. But the truth is after being on this journey for so long, it's normal to be a little fatigued so you're right you either have to tighten things up and be extra vigilant or get to some sort of acceptance that the whole goal thing may take a little longer than expected.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #8  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I feel you. All in all, I didn't lose a single pound in Jan or Feb -- just crept up and down the scale a few pounds. I kept telling myself I didn't know why, but truth is I wasn't trying as hard. Yes, those little mouthfuls do add up. I've had an affinity for nuts lately - almonds, pecans, walnuts. And, a handful of those is pretty much akin to a handful of butter - so calorie loaded! But, I kept telling myself it they were healthy, and NOT chips, so it was OK.

I join you in recommitting and buckling down. I've lost almost 2 lbs so far this month, and hoping to continue... When Summer shorts season comes, I want to be ready! Hang in there!

Last edited by AwShucks; 03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

I really like MyFitnessPal and the group of ladies (and me) who use it are active and encouraging. If you need to whip yourself into shape by using a calorie app I totally recommend it

If you go for it, here is the thread I got most of my friends from:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...lease-lol.html

Also my user name is Trogothehunter
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

I think this is very common in any diet. You get tired of the minutiae and the never-ending obsession with food and counting and whatever. And you coast for a while... which ends up being a "plateau".

So long as you notice it before it becomes a serious regain, and get back on track, you should be fine. And it sounds like that's exactly where you are right now.

I had a "plateau" for over a year, and a regain of about fifteen pounds. Now I'm finally getting back on track, and have lost back down to my ticker (as of today!). But it meant the same thing for me as for you... getting honest about how much I was eating (and drinking, which was my main issue), and then deciding to get BACK on-plan strictly.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #12  
Finally in control.

Thanks for the support everyone! I got back in my weighing and measuring routine yesterday, brought my lunch to work today and I'm feeling good.