Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:32 AM   #1  

Talking Unassuming Shopping Trip Inspired Me to Exercise! LOL

So lately I have been feeling uninspired regarding my workouts. Not that I don't still workout, and I work out really hard typically, but lately I've missed the gym twice (Saturday and Monday). Thursday I didnt go, but I went running from the Kennedy Center to Memorial Bridge and then walked along the National Mall: reflecting pool to the Monument, and back to work. (for anyone who knows DC, I work in Farragut West, so it was a good little distance--It took an hour.) Anyway, I know I can walk long distances, but yesterday was probably the longest I've walked in ages!

I left my office and walked to Georgetown, to go to the new H&M that just opened, figuring if I'm not going to the gym, I can't take the bus. Its just not allowed.

Anyway, that's about a mile (from 20th & K to Wisconsin & M). Then! I walked from Georgetown to Van Ness, and the way I walked was about 6 miles (a lot of which is uphill)!! I walked all over the place! As I was walking I was thinking of all the neighborhoods I had gone through and how crazy it was that a) the city is so small, b) its such a beautiful city and yet I work out in WSC instead of outdoors, c)I couldnt believe I walked so far.

I'm a pretty fast walker, but this took me 1 hour and 35 minutes. I'm quite proud, if you didn't notice. :-) I dont think I ever thought I'd be someone who went out to do athletic things on a whim! what a joke!

Oh and I was carrying my gym bag all the way lol
Old 05-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #2  

That is just great! It sure seems like you had quite a workout! I hope that your poor feet aren't sore! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself, and you should be excited and proud!

I never get to walk that far, but maybe that is because my little rugrats start whining after the first mile, so I always just turn around and come back, otherwise I'm stuck caring two boys with me.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:38 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good for you! The "carrying the gym bag" is the best part, hahaha
Old 05-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh i'm so impressed!!! i used to walk from dupont circle to the mall and all around and then back.

and from tunlaw road down wisconsin to M street, and then to the GW campus.

it was always interesting!
Old 05-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Six miles--wow! I'm totally impressed!

DC was a great source of blisters for me on one trip! And when I worked there on a two-week detail, I hurt my knee so bad I had to go to a clinic and get an X-ray and a knee brace. But I still have fond memories of the beautiful buildings, gardens, houses, etc.
Closed Thread