3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/274701-2013-part-1-getting-out-220s-230s.html)

April Snow 03-03-2013 11:18 AM

I ended up with a bigger than expected loss for the week, down 3.6 to 233.0

I am not all that surprised, since I haven't had much appetite the past few days due to my dad's situation. But I'll still take the loss, under any circumstances!

LebenAlles 03-03-2013 02:50 PM

Hey all, I'm back in the game back at 237.8. Had a few bad weeks, but I'm thinking things are going to be going quite well for March. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday

April Snow 03-03-2013 03:49 PM

good to see you back LebenAlles!

Angihas2 03-04-2013 10:47 AM

This is the 1st Monday I've been able to move my ticker in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS. I'd get below 225 during the week, then every Monday, right back to 225. Thanks you stars!!! I was ready to dance naked in the moonlight on my front yard to get that ticker to move. Changing the 'official weigh in day', just to move my ticker kind of seemed like a cheat, yanno. Scales....my neighbors scale weighed me in at 229 last night, however, I was fully dressed, with shoes, and her floors are seriously uneven and dirty, hence, not taking my shoes off. I'm sticking with my scale, regardless of the number, the amount of weight lost is still the same.

The week definitely has to be better than the weekend was. It's been fairly traumatic all the way around. Alot of personal bs with the hubs, and we're both kind of walking around each other like we're strapped with bombs. I hope it'll get better, but I don't see how, since these problems are a constant reoccurance, and frankly, I'm tired of having the same discussion/argument/blow up every 3 months. We'll see. We have a kiddo together and my older 2 call him dad, so ending it all, can't be done lightly or in anger. Meanwhile, life goes on and it's going on with me healthier.

Have a great Monday everyone!

lunarsongbird 03-04-2013 11:20 AM

Ang, HOORAY for scale movement! I feel like my scale is doing weird things, but that's only probably because I'm doing weird things. I made some really weird nutritional decisions this weekend (i.e. skipping dinner to have the calories in popcorn and frozen yogurt instead).

Life just feels messy right now. Physically and mentally. Physically the house is dirty, my closet is a mess, the dishes need to be done. :: shrugs :: And mentally I just feel funky. Oh well. This is how life is sometimes.

I do have fun news though...I'll start a new thread. :)

charliee 03-04-2013 11:36 AM

238.6 today, woot! Which means I'm down 21 pounds since I recommitted to getting this weight off 7 weeks ago. Yay!

Feels like a low day though, I'm looking forward to your fun news Lunar.

Angihas2 03-04-2013 01:16 PM

Your scale musta been missing my scale lunar! I swear they've got a love affair going on. My room has been a mess since I decided to start packing here and there. I also have a huge pile of jeans, shorts, capris and dress pants on the bed. Apparently I felt I needed to try on every single pair. I can get most of them up and over my thighs and hips, and a few even buttoned. So, now I have them in piles based on how far up they got and how close they were to buttoning. I'm completely disregarding the size they're supposed to be, cus that's a bunch of bunk! I got a pair of 14 capris over my hips and buttoned (but there's no way in hades I'd leave the house in them), but a pair of 16's laughed at me. I'll keep a loose idea of what size they 'are', but not use it as an accurate gauge, especially since I've had a pregnancy, loss, pregnancy, bed rest and baby since I could wear them, and he's still just 10 months..

March seems to be loving me. I'm 9 pounds from my bday goal. I'd love to hit it, but I'd really love to leave the house in those capri's more!!

lunarsongbird 03-04-2013 02:45 PM

Woohoo! If March is loving you...I hope that means it loves me too, Ang! My scale does indeed seem to be missing yours. :)

I am going to Chipotle for lunch today (not enough preparation to make lunch), but my heart is telling me it doesn't even need chips. AWESOME. That has got to be a good sign.

Tziri 03-04-2013 03:08 PM

Hey everyone, hope you all have a good, un-stressful week!
Grats on all the losses, looks like some of you get to jump to the next thread!

PreciousMissy 03-04-2013 03:29 PM

Welcome Charliee, and welcome back LebenAlles!!!

Afternoon all! It sounds like there were a lot of good losses last week! Congratulations to everyone!

I went out on date night Saturday and was extremely surprised when I wasn't able to finish my entire meal. In the past I would have polished off the whole thing! Dessert was also part of the meal, it was a package deal, and I only ate half of it...it was very small to begin with so I was very proud of myself :D.

This morning my weight was still the same as it has been all week. I didn't gain any water weight (according to my scale) during TOM so I'm hoping for a big whoosh for my WI tomorrow. Wouldn't that be nice?!

AlmostMe 03-04-2013 03:33 PM

Angi - great news on the scale loss. What happened with your truck?? And sorry about all the other kerfuffles.

I was able to move my ticker down too this week. I didn't stay quite as low as I was mid-week - but I'm only 1 LB from goal. Wooo-hoo. Hope I make it this week. If not, surely next week.

Bad news: just got back from club's physio - he thinks my foot has a minor fracture and I should get it x-rayed. I don't really want to go to a doctor because a doc will probably take a conservative approach and say don't play rugby and don't run. But the physio was like "most people would recommend that you not play, but if you do strap it well and lace your boots really tight". :)

mygirlvj 03-04-2013 05:04 PM

So Saturday the scale flashed 222. I haven't seen a number like that in years. I was so excited, then today weigh myself at lunch and it says 226 :( ughhh. I know its self inflicted not because I ate wrong but drank alot of alcohol this week-end. I will behave, I will behave (my new montra).

purplekitten7 03-05-2013 09:02 AM

hello everyone, had a weekend away and TOM hit, so unsurprisingly my scale is stubbornly not moving. I'm sitting at 226 and feeling miserable :(

Also, I've booked a holiday for the 15th April, me and the fella are going to Turkey for a week, which will be my first holiday abroad and our first major holiday (I'm not counting a caravan in Wales as major) so I'm a little stressed, I have 6 weeks to lose enough weight to feel comfortable at the beach - I want to enjoy myself and not just feel miserable all the time! Also, got lots of personal bs with the bf, lots of arguing, all the time, hope it sorts itself out soon - comfort eating is looking pretty good right now! :(

PreciousMissy 03-05-2013 10:14 AM

Almostme, how exciting for you to be 1lb from goal!! Good job!!!

mygirlvj and purplekitten7, hang in there :(...I'm sending happy thoughts your way!! :)

I'm down 2lb this week to 232 :D! Two more pounds and I can move on to...well, this thread right here, hahaha!!!

I stopped off at Sprouts and stocked up on produce last night. My go to vegetable side has been salad and I'm starting to get burned out on it. I also bought some blackberries they had on special...for fun I put three of them in my flavored water last night and YUMMY!!! They made the water even better!

getmydivaback3 03-05-2013 10:28 AM

i haven't posted in a few days, i had been stuck at 236 for weeks weighed in today at 232. I am so happy. Congrats to all of you.

lunarsongbird 03-05-2013 12:09 PM

My scale is finally going in the right direction, which is awesome! Hooray!
Work is relatively frustrating. I feel like I'm doing everything by myself and it's stressful, but I'm hoping that stress is not reflecting on the scale. I'm trying really hard to manage it. Last night I did some guided meditation with my new kitty. She sat on my tummy.

Angihas2 03-05-2013 02:56 PM

So tired today. My sinuses are a mess. It was 70 degrees yesterday, today its barely int he 50's, wind blowing 22 mph and pollen everywhere. Went grocery shopping, fridge is bursting with a rainbow of colors from all the fresh I bought. Rib eyes were on serious sale and so was salmon. Yum!! Thank stars for a kitchen scale, it's SO easy to overestimate a serving size of meat, especially beef. I feel very productive, considering how wiped out I feel. Dinner is started, marinating and melding flavors, but everything is washed and chopped and ready to rock for tonight. Sectioned off all packages of meat and put in freezer bags, so it's just a toss and defrost. It's all weighed out. Sometimes, I'm brilliant. Have a great Tuesdays ladies and gents!

Tziri 03-05-2013 03:01 PM

It started snowing today, BLECH. :( At least I'm officially in the 220s for good (finally)! I'm at 228 which is only 2 lbs away from my 100lbs lost (can't believe it's so close).
Congrats for all other losses! Hope this is a great loser week for everyone.

Daimere 03-05-2013 09:17 PM

It's official! 238.7!

Tziri 03-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daimere (Post 4656562)
It's official! 238.7!

Congratulations! Welcome to the next thread; hope you're not here too long! ;)

charliee 03-06-2013 09:22 AM

Woot! Nice work Daimere!

Angihas2 03-06-2013 09:32 AM

Woohoo Daimere!!!

Ladies (and gents), I'm packing my bags. WI at 221.6 this morning, I'm really hoping to keep whoosing right into the teens. It feels like I've been in the 220's for WEEKS!!! Planning on staying on track and hitting the 2teens next week. By Monday would be awesome, but since we can't plan that, I can plan my food and movement and eventually the number will show up.

Happy Wednesday!!

lunarsongbird 03-06-2013 09:35 AM

Woohoo, Damiere!
http://adventuresoflittlemiss.files....dance-time.jpg

I'm just not ready to leave this thread. So I will creep around for awhile. Yesterday I got a bit more accomplished then previously anticipated. I made tea for kombucha (which I need to finish this morning), made dinner, ran the dishwasher and had washed some pots and pans.

Hopefully tonight I can do a bit more.

Do you all have a strategy on how to conquer housework?

April Snow 03-06-2013 10:40 AM

wooohooo Daimere!!! :bravo:

April Snow 03-06-2013 10:43 AM

I checked the scale today because it's my 2 month anniversary 232.4

I'm actually surprised I'm down at all because with the way I carb cycle, the beginning of the week is my higher carb days and I see my losses at the end of the week. So hopefully that means a good loss for the week overall. But I was ever so slightly disappointed because I was kind of hoping I would officially hit 25 lbs and get my new chickie. I'm sure I'll get it on my Sunday WI but it would have been a fun way to mark 2 months.

But still, just under 25 lbs in 2 months is still great and I have to focus on that and I really am happy about it!

PreciousMissy 03-06-2013 12:32 PM

Daimere, way to go and welcome!!!!

It sounds like everyone is having some pretty good weigh-ins! Yay to all of you!

I had an NSV this morning. I have a pair of jeans that I could get on and zip up, but buttoning them was excruciatingly painful. I'm talking about the kind of pain where you can't breath because there's no room for the waist to expand, and keeping them on for 5 more minutes would bring tears to your eyes. I was feeling brave this morning and decided to try them again...they fit AND were comfortable! I forgot how good these small victories felt! I just have to remember them the next time I feel like giving up!

Pink Hurricane 03-06-2013 01:34 PM

Damiere WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!!!!

Lunar Way to go girl!!!! We are going to miss you here but all of us will be joining you soon enough!!! :cb:

Angi You will definitely be out of the 220s in no time, you are kicking butt!

April you have lost an amazing amount of weight in two months so you should be so proud of yourself! It won't be long at all before you are in the 220s!

Missy that is one of the best NSV ever! Those small victories really do make all of the difference!!!

As for me my weight has been fluctuating like crazy but I think it will settle and I will begin to see a whoosh by the end of next week. I finally have an exercise program I can stick with for now and at the end of this one I will be picking up P90X later in Spring to really help tone my body and get in gear! Right now I am in my first week of Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack and walking/jogging/running every other day. I am considering throwing in 30 Day Shred every other day to help with toning, but we shall see!

LebenAlles 03-07-2013 10:13 AM

Wow, it looks like everyone is doing really freakin well on here! Very inspiring! Congrats to all of you

I chilled at 237.8/.6 for four days and then today I was 236.8. One pound from my 70lbs lost mark. Very exciting. And I still feel amazing this week. Day 12 of Paleo and I'm SO friggin glad I started it. It's exactly what I needed right now...and it might even become a permanent thing.

I'm still seeing the losses as far as my appearance is concerned in a big way these days. I feel like the first 60 was losing a 'fat suit' and now I'm really working on my true self...if that makes sense. Lots more people are noticing now, and of course that is really nice. For instance, the Director of my old department saw me for the first time in awhile the other day and was like 'I'm not trying to be rude...' (with a lead up like that, I was scared) 'But you have lost a TON of weight...like a lot. You look great!' Made me really happy!
Anyways, keep it up everyone....we're doing this!

April Snow 03-07-2013 10:41 AM

I'm going to wait to Sunday to change my chickie but 231.8 this morning, for my official 25 lbs!! :broc::carrot:

lunarsongbird 03-07-2013 11:20 AM

April, Congratulations on your new chickie!! AWESOME! Can you believe how much you've changed in 2013 already? You are doing exceptionally well, wouldn't you agree? Are you still liking the carb cycling. And it's a weekly thing?

Leben, Wow- 70 pounds. That's fantastic. I'm so glad to hear you feel like your true self. I'm not sure what my true self is. LOL. But I'm 2 pounds within the weight that I met DH at. (I didn't realize that until 2 weeks ago- when I found an old weight watchers tracker.) I remember feeling so much more confident at the beginning of our relationship. I feel insanely more sexy at 215 then a 242.

I too love Paleo. My body doesn't really do well with grains and what not. I think it's a really wonderful way of eating. I even baked my own almond meal bread at the beginning of February to celebrate a special occasion. Have you looking into Primal? I like dairy.

Pink, I'm happy to hear that you have found an exercise program that fits into your schedule. I know that you were really trying to figure that out. Also- I can't wait to journey through the decades with everyone. Losing weight with friends makes it so much more fun.

April Snow 03-07-2013 11:35 AM

Thanks Lunar! Yes, I'm kind of amazed at how quickly things are changing. I was kind of nervous when I first got started in January. I've yo-yo'ed so much in the past. I did this plan 18 months ago and would it work a second time? Plus I'm 50 now, and "everyone knows" you can't lose weight after that. ;) So it's been quite a wonderful surprise to see that everything is still working as well as before and the weight is coming off nicely.

On the carb cycling, Dukan has you alternate between days of all protein (including dairy plus the daily oat bran) and protein/veggie days. I just personally find it easier to cluster all my protein/veggie days all at once, because I can buy, cook and eat fresh produce that way, while it's still good. I'm not a big fan of frozen or canned (even though I know frozen is very healthy, it's more of a textural issue for me). So this way, I get to enjoy my fresh veggies all at once, and then I have my pure protein days all in a row and generally have a mini-whoosh each week from those days.

lunarsongbird 03-07-2013 11:46 AM

How do you feel on the all protein days? I would miss veggies.

April Snow 03-07-2013 11:54 AM

I feel fine - I still get enough carbs from the oat bran and the dairy carbs. And you can use a small amount of veggies as a condiment - a couple of spoonfuls of tomato sauce, a little cucumber in my tzatziki, etc.

But yeah, it does make having veggies on the PV days more exciting than you could have imagined!! :lol: I like it though, because I have really transitioned into a veggie lover now from having done this plan the last time. I consider that a gift.

And it's not a forever thing - once I get to my final weight, then I can have unlimited veggies 6 days a week (you still have to do on protein only day per week forever, but I don't see that as a big deal)

PreciousMissy 03-07-2013 04:04 PM

Good for you Pink! It sounds like you're getting into a groove with your exercise.

Congratulations April! That's wonderful!

Last night I couldn't resist pizza and wings for dinner, but I'm happy to say that I didn't go crazy! I know myself, if I deny myself certain foods then I will go crazy when I finally do have them. This morning when I was packing my lunch I pushed the leftover pizza aside to get to my hummus...without even thinking about it. I was actually pretty proud of myself for that :) lol.

Angihas2 03-07-2013 04:42 PM

Missy - I don't deny myself food either, there are things I just won't eat, due to food allergies/intolerances like gluten, pork, and because my daughter is allergic to tree nuts and we have to be absolutely stringent with storage, clean up etc, we don't keep those around either.

But, if I want wings, chocolate etc, I have some, usually a small serving or half a serving, double up on veggies and water and move on with my day. Good for you for acknowledging the want, having some, then moving back to your normal program. I think that shows a shift in thinking most of us have to have to succeed!

charliee 03-07-2013 06:33 PM

Tziri congrats on getting so close to 100 pounds down, we will all have to do a little happy dance in your honour when you get there!

Yay April, you're just a hop skip and jump to the 220's!! I am both proud and a tiny bit jealous lol! (Just kidding)

Leben Congrats, I will do an extra dance for you when you get to 70 pounds down. I'm glad Paleo is working for you.

You guys have all inspired me to kick it up at the gym tonight! Woot!

AlmostMe 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

I'm so amazed and inspired by everyone's progress...so many pounds! And so much self-reflection and learning about lifestyle and body image and control. So helpful to me as this journey is more about headspace than calorie count for me.

charliee 03-09-2013 09:44 AM

Weighed in at 235.8 this morning, which means I've now lost 23 pounds since I started back on my weight loss journey and 50 pounds from my highest weight.

Part of me can't believe it, but I know I owe my success to this forum. You guys have been so inspiring and supporting and motivating. I hope anyone trying to work on their health and weight some way finds themselves on this board. They will be that much better for it.

I still have a long way to go to get to my mini goal (199). I feel like I can actually succeed this time. :)

Onwards and downwards!

April Snow 03-09-2013 09:51 AM

fantastic charliee, congrats!!!!

Angihas2 03-09-2013 12:36 PM

Fantastic losses everyone!!

Gained a pound over the last 3 days, so need to be ever vigilant. Pretty sure its mainly.sodium, but its also extra calories. Had trouble reining them in after my high day. But also stress. We did our 1st counseling session. I'm still assimilating it all.

Nsv - fit into a pair of non vanity sized shorts I've never been able to wear. Bought them 2 summers ago, with another pair that are identical. The other pair fit, but these never have. Today, today they do. Bit of a muffin top but not so bad I won't wear them out. Its a gorgeous day so we're heading out to a park with a 3 mile walking track through the woods, tennis courts and play equipment.

Have a great Saturday y'all!