3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/274701-2013-part-1-getting-out-220s-230s.html)

SmallSteps 01-31-2013 01:37 PM

2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

I thought we should start a new thread since we are well pass the 500 post mark.

Keep up the good work ladies. I'm still inching along.

Pink Hurricane 01-31-2013 01:45 PM

Yay for new threads!!! :cheer2: :carrot:

So I completed yesterday's portion of P90X which was Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. I made a mental note that it's time to up the arm weights from 4lb to 7lb, except on tricep kickbacks because I still struggle with the 4lbs :lol: But I will get there! I do plan to buy 10lb and 15lb dumbbells soon, I hope to be up to that much by the end of this round of P90X! Tonight is Yoga X night, it's the hardest workout for me because it is so slow paced and long but on the other hand, I know it's great for strength training and flexibility, which is my motivating factor!

I only lost 3.4lbs this month, not happy with that because I wanted to be out of the 230s, but this morning I am sitting at 231.6, so we shall see what my official weigh in day for the week brings!

I am so ready for the weekend and for my husband and I to both spend some quality time together, it's been a crazy busy week!

kaelah 01-31-2013 01:51 PM

Hey ladies, congrats on all the successes you are having this week! We are off to a great start to 2013. I can't wait to see where we all are when we ring in the New Year for 2014.

As for me, I've been hovering around 229 all week. I dropped down to 228.4 on Saturday but have been above it since. I know I'm doing well, and I've stayed under my calorie goal of 1700 all week. I've increased my fruit and veggie intake by quite a bit, too. My workouts haven't been super intense, but they're there and I do push myself. I feel the squats I did yesterday in my body today, and it's like nothing I've felt before. Jello for legs and they are sore, but I gotta say, it feels great. I know I'm going to get there!! All I keep thinking about is the look on my family's face come Vegas, and especially Christmas time!

Keep pushing ladies, and have a great day!

elvislover324 01-31-2013 01:53 PM

I better get on the first page as I don't plan on staying here much longer!! Get me to the 2-teens already, pleasssssssssssssssssse!!

kaelah 01-31-2013 01:56 PM

Pink Hurricane, you posted whole I was writing a response. Awesome work with those work outs! P90X is something I want to look into more in the future. I have a cousin who just lost about 60 lbs (and is now a stick!) and credits P90X for a lot of it. Good luck on your official weigh in! 3.4 lbs is still something to be proud of! :)

elvislover324 01-31-2013 02:01 PM

Elladorine, I just read your post about your TOPS meeting last night. Such an inspiration, it must have been awesome in real life. You changed people's lives last night with your approach and examples, I am sure of it. What a gift you have to do that, I couldn't ever do that and I admire people like you.

And yay to your husband, how great is he to run with you! At 5am even!

Thank you for sharing all of that with us, made me smile while I was reading it. :)

getmydivaback3 01-31-2013 02:04 PM

I'm Going To Join In On The New Thread,i've Been Back And Forth For The Last Couple Weeks Between 237 And 240ish, But TodayAt 239. Hopefully This Will Help Me Stay Focused. I Look Forward To Talking With All Of YOU.

SmallSteps 01-31-2013 02:24 PM

Elladorine - Karen you are such an inspiration to us all!! That photo is amazing I have an old shirt I wore at my highest weight I am holding on to also. I may have to recreate your photo one day :)

Angihas2 02-01-2013 09:00 AM

Good morning!!! Into the 226 range this am! I like you ladies, but I'm planning on joining the 2teens by the end of the month. Earlier would be awesome, but a 7 pound loss this month would be fantastic.

Job search - I've been applying like a mad woman.. unfortunately, we have to move out of state, so far Texas and Alaska are in the picture. I graduated high school in Anchorage so it's not that big a deal, except my hubs who was raised in OK and is in fact a summer kind of guy...not sure how he'll deal with the endless nights from Oct-Marchish. He's all for it, since he's an outdoorsy hunting/fishing fool. The kids are like o.O "Deadliest catch ALASKA?!?!?!" If that's where we need to go to get my experience and license, then that's where we go, we can always relocate in a few years. So if anyone works in the SLP business and especially if they're in Texas and willing to help me get my 25 hours of fieldwork for my Texas license, PLEASE let me know!! (I like Alaska, but I have no family up there!!)

Everything else is good, hubs and I are reconnecting since he got laid off, he's a bit depressed and funky over it, but not seriously so. His body has also gotten to recover, 5p-5a, 6-7 days a week is hard on the system, he never got to hang out with the kids, or even really build a relationship with the baby. Now him and the baby are becoming great buds and he took the 7 yr old fishing yesterday after school.

lunarsongbird 02-01-2013 09:04 AM

Happy February, Ladies!
"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour." - John Boswell

Everyone is doing so exceptionally well! And in winter, no less! I think there is something deep inside of me that says, "Rest. It's winter. The sun has not yet risen. The earth sleeps. It's time to rest." My entire soul seems to awaken in April. So I figure if I can do well in the winter, then Spring should be even more satisfying.

What are you looking forward to this February?
I like Valentine's day, despite DH working every year. My birthday is also on the 22nd and the entire family is taking the day off, so that I should be really fun. Going to a Superbowl party this Sunday. Also taking a tour of the Celestial Seasoning tea factory and starting a new book club.

Tomorrow marks the day halfway between winter and spring. Old irish folklore has mentioned that this was a day that they celebrated spring, and the beginning of lambing season.

What is this season going to be for you? What would you like to focus on this February?

LebenAlles 02-01-2013 09:45 AM

Hey Everyone, jumping back in here after losing my holiday gain. Hit 239.4 this morning and am super excited. I still can't believe I've come this far...and even crazier is that I'm still going, full force. It's amazing, really.

Lunar, I really like that quote. In fact, I think I'll still it for my 'postit quote wall' at work. I love winter, and it is, indeed, a time for those things.

bethFromDayton 02-01-2013 11:32 AM

LebenAlles, do you want to edit your post and update that number--I think you transposed. :( But when it's updated, we'll be :D.

My new digital scale did not depress me this morning. It said 222.8. I was hoping for a 223 number, so I am thrilled with that. I'm heading towards the two-teens!

lunarsongbird, it looks as if you have a great February planned. I'm excited to be starting the 30DS today--there's a group on MFP who is starting it all on 1 Feb (although a few do seem to be off a few days).

We're planning a trip to Chicago next weekend to see my brother (who will be there from San Diego) and my dad (who will be there from Mexico) and various other relatives to celebrate my grandmother's 97th. One of my other brothers might be there as well--he isn't very predictable. The rest of February looks pretty quiet.

19deltawifey--I hope you're heading to the two-teens fast--Angihas and I will be there soon, too. We'll move the party to a new thread!:carrot:

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone!

LebenAlles 02-01-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks for the catch Beth, I editted it! Ack, definitely don't want to be back in the 300's again, good lawd no!

elvislover324 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

Welcome to the 230s/220s thread, lebenalles!

These other ladies are flying out of here real soon, wow! Great job!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday! I'm patiently waiting for my weigh-in on Monday. Need to lose at least .6lbs to break the 100lb mark. It's irked me all week that 3FC rounds up and already called it 100...:rollpin:

SarahFairhope 02-01-2013 02:57 PM

Ella - WHAT?!?! That is so crazy inspirational and you look AH MA ZAING. :D

Angi - Crazy, my husband was born and raised in Alaska. He went to East Highschool. The seasons certainly are a bit different but I think youre right, as long as you stayed in Anchorage it wouldnt be such a big deal. Fingers crossed for TX for the support. :)

Official weigh in 217.9/-3.1 week.

I'm out of here, friends! I warming up some seats next door and I expect some company VERY shortly!! ;)

elvislover324 02-01-2013 03:01 PM

Sarahfairhope!!! Awesome weightloss this week, congratulations!!! :congrat: Please make room for all of us in the 2-teens, we are all following you soon! So happy for you!!!

Angihas2 02-01-2013 03:02 PM

Sarah - first...CONGRATS on moving to the new decade! Keep a spot warm for me, I'll be visiting you there soon!! I graduated from Bartlett in 92...I feel so old :( The position is actually in Fairbanks with the school district. So, plus side, same schedule as the older kiddos, which means no summer daycare expenses. Con, same schedule as the older kiddos. 3 months with all 3 kids day in and day out....with NO BEACH!!! We'll see what happens. A new position was just posted in Galveston (Which is where we REALLY want to go), I applied. Hopefully it pans out.

elvislover324 02-01-2013 03:23 PM

Goodluck Angiehas2, crossing my fingers and everything else for you!:dancer:

bethFromDayton 02-01-2013 04:42 PM

Way to go, Sarah! Enjoy the two-teens!!!

I hope two things: One is that I join you soon, and two, that you're not there long!

HelloNurse 02-01-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahFairhope (Post 4617316)
Official weigh in 217.9/-3.1 week.

I'm out of here, friends! I warming up some seats next door and I expect some company VERY shortly!! ;)

Wow, just passed into the 2-teens and you're already a third of the way through them! Congrats, and I hope you clear through them ASAP into Onederland.

238.8 on the scale this morning means I am safely on to the next decade. Hope this one breezes by as quickly as the 240s did.

kaelah 02-01-2013 11:59 PM

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!

I'm still hovering around 229, but I'll take it! I was at 233 last Friday morning, so progress is progress. I've been on plan for a week straight. Gym time has decreased, however, because I pushed myself too hard on Wednesday and haven't been able to work out since. I hope my legs are better tomorrow, or at the very least, by Sunday. I've found that I get a little grumpy when I miss the gym!

Pink Hurricane 02-02-2013 12:30 AM

Congrats Sarah!!! We cannot wait to join you! :D

This is going to be a super busy weekend, so I compensated for it by doing two of my workouts tonight just in case I am unable to get in tomorrow's workout. So I ended up doing Legs & Back, Ab Ripper, and Kenpo. I am BEAT. Haha so I am really hoping to see a good number on the scale tomorrow morning!

AlmostMe 02-02-2013 04:16 AM

Ahhh...TOM... but still weighing in at just over 237 (ticker changes Mondays) - I feel really great about that! And it means I have only 9 lbs to lose in about 10.5 weeks to meet my bet with my brother. :) I haven't been checking in with him, so no idea if he's abandoned weight loss.

BUT - I feel horrible and I have a cold and I can't sleep. I'm doing intuitive eating and it feels harder to know if I'm really hungry or not. I feel hungry now, but I'm just not sure if it's real hunger. Ackk!!! I'm trying not to beat myself up about that. If my hunger sensors don't work well now when I'm sick...so what. It's not an excuse to stuff my face, but it is a perfectly valid excuse for getting things a little bit wrong.

And I hate that I feel too crap to exercise. But better to rest and get back at it soon than over-stress myself. Anyway, I may have a rugby training session tomorrow morning - and I'll go to that whether I'm sick or not.

dcapulet 02-02-2013 10:35 AM

Time for me to say goodbye - 217.7 this morning!

See you all in the two teens!

Angihas2 02-04-2013 09:11 AM

Whoa!!! This got bumped back to the 2nd page, this group isn't much for weekend chit chat!

Hope everyone enjoyed the game, we didn't watch. We're more college football fans. I did youtube all the commercials afterward though, I love those!!

It was gorgeous here, so we were outside most of the weekend. Spent some time talking about our goals and debt to be paid down etc. All those fun adult talks :P Sometimes, I hate being a grown up!

I'm still aiming for a job in the Houston/Galveston area...frankly, I love Alaska, but I'm not so sure I want to haul my whole family there to relocate. I will if that's the only job offered, but let's hope/pray/dance naked in the moonlight, that something else pops up.

I'm aiming for a walk today, at least a mile, I also may aim for a 1/4 mile jog at a very slow pace. My knee has to be wrapped for that, almost to the point of immobility, but I also know the extra movement will jump start some loss this week.

Car's going into the shop, it's having issues. The dealerships mechanic and I spoke on the phone, I told him everything thats been going on, he's kind of wondering why my car is on the road. I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I had to replace a windshield in October, and when the guy came to my house to do the work, he refused to do it in the driveway after he got the windshield out, the entire frame the glass sets in was absolute rust, he had to rebuild the entire structure. We'd noticed some condensation during rain on the inside of the windshield and apparently, it's been leaking down the windshield into the dash where the computer and electronics are. Now, the seat will occassionally rearrange itself while I'm driving, the interior lights flicker if I use the turn signal, the radio station changes when we use the turn signal, and if I flip on my brights the dash goes dark. Somethings not right in there :S I'm hoping he'll say he can't find the problem OR that it will cost to much to fix, cus I hate this car, I never wanted this car and I want into something else.

Have a great Monday ladies!!! We've lost some people to the 2teens thread, we need to go harrass them, so let's stay on plan!

SeeMyFeet 02-04-2013 09:23 AM

:tantrum:Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggh hhhhhhh!!!!! :tantrum:
:tantrum: :stress: :( :club: :yikes: :nono: :eek: :rolleyes: :dizzy: :mad: :fr: :barf: :cry: :devil: :dunno: :shrug: :spin: :tantrum:

lunarsongbird 02-04-2013 09:24 AM

Morning, ladies!

I weigh-in this morning for a shot at two free weeks on program. For just walking in the door- I get one week. Pretty nifty. I'm totally do not know what to expect, because my new scale hasn't arrived yet.

I went to a Superbowl party yesterday. Thank goodness I brought quite a bit of food, otherwise there would have just been chips and dip! I made a beautiful veggie tray, organic wings from whole foods (I made a honey siracha dipping sauce and a blue cheese sauce to go with), a homemade spinach-artichoke dip, and chicken sausage bites with different mustards.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6b1aded.jpg

I feel confident that I made pretty good choices and I only had about 6 ounces of a fancy saison beer that I brought. The other girls had these super sweet margaritas and it was fascinating seeing the response on their bodies. Within an hour- all of them were completely and totally exhausted, like- literally ready for bed at 7 PM.

It reminded me that I don't miss sugar in my life.

Garnet2727 02-04-2013 11:11 AM

Well, I've basically been missing in action for a week. I stayed away from my weight loss sites (here, MFP and WW) and went on a week long I'm'a eat whatever the **** I want, whenever the **** I want it trip while I was travelling for business. I was out of town from the 28th until yesterday mid-afternoon.

I didn't even try to eat well. I had lots of cheesy, fried, bready stuff that I've basically been avoiding for the last year. I. Just. Wanted. A. Break.

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I've gained 6 pounds. Ugh. I suspect that the gain is actually more than that because I got really drunk last night so I'm dehydrated.

Ugh.

I'm back on plan today.

Natalie42 02-04-2013 11:22 AM

Hello Everyone!

New to this site and this thread. I am on my second week of my program, I've lost a total of 10 pounds as of this morning. That puts me at 232.

I have been reading all your posts and find it very reinforcing to do the right thing this week. Who knows, maybe there is a 229 in my very near future.

lunarsongbird 02-04-2013 12:00 PM

Bah. I was up a half a pound this morning at the center. At least I get one week free for just going in. ::shrugs::

Welcome, Natalie!! Woohoo! 10 pounds!! WONDERFUL! New decades are always so much fun. What program are you following?

Garnet- Really push the water today and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow!

elvislover324 02-04-2013 01:08 PM

Lunar, your veggies look delicious!! So glad you brought them and didn't have to munch on the junk foods!

Welcome back, Garnet. We all have those weeks and they suck. But it's over and we all get back on track. I hope this week is better for you. :)

Welcome Natalie! This is a fun thread, I hope you participate often. Awesome work losing the 10lbs!!

So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! 3FC kept rounding up last week saying I was already down 100 but I wasn't, I was at 99.4! As of today, I am down 102.4! What a journey this has been, can't wait for 5.7lbs to get to 2-teen land. I hope it will happen by the end of the month. HAPPY DAY!!

Elladorine 02-04-2013 01:15 PM

Oh goodness, I appreciate the replies! :grouphug:

I honestly never thought I could be the type of person that could get up and speak in front of people. But health, fitness, and weight loss is something I've been feeling increasingly passionate about, and it felt great to connect with people at the meeting, to share the hope with them that we can all reach our goals. We just need to arm ourselves with knowledge and do everything we can to set ourselves up for success. :)

I used to feel horribly and utterly trapped; being overweight by 200+ pounds really takes a toll on one's body! I used to be bitter that I couldn't eat "like everyone else," believing that since I wasn't naturally blessed with a supposedly thin frame I'd be forever miserable. It took a long time to turn that around and give myself the power to heal, to realize that I had to look within. I hope I can help everyone see that they have that power too, if they just make up their minds to try. I still have a long way before I get anywhere near my goal but the difference I feel in even just the last 20 pounds lost is amazing. :carrot:

I did my second (technically third) day of C25K training with my husband this morning. I did not want to get up (it was 5:30, man!) and I still carried that silly, lingering doubt of whether or not I could get through it, but you know what? I did it. :^: And once again, I didn't die. :lol: It was yet another reminder that for me, starting is the hardest part of anything. ;) My husband mentioned that once we "graduate" the program, we should look for a place where we could run with our dogs unleashed, which sounds like a lot of fun. :D

I'm excited, we got new bedroom furniture this weekend, and I finally have a bedroom mirror again; I haven't had a proper dresser and mirror since way back when I still lived with my dad! :o And oh goody, I've got another place to take mirror pics. :lol:

Bleh, I still have a lot of cleaning and reorganizing to do because of the new furniture. My dining room is kind of in shambles right now since we had to clear so much stuff out of the bedroom, which made me grouchy at dinner time last night. :p We're supposed to go look for a new shelf later today and my bedroom vanity will be arriving next weekend (was supposed to this weekend but it didn't arrive with everything else). We haven't been in the new place for quite a year yet but everything is coming along nicely.

I'm slightly anxious to see the scale on Wednesday night, as I'm hoping to at least be back at 221 again. We'll see what happens. :dizzy: Aside from a minor slip-up on Saturday (should have looked up a side before I ate it!) I've stayed on plan very well.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :wave: Let's have a strong week. :strong:

lunarsongbird 02-04-2013 01:17 PM

Elvis- WOOHOOOO!!!!
http://www.sadmuffin.net/cherrybam/g...lations013.gif

Elladorine 02-04-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4620983)
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!!

Magnificent number!!! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

SarahFairhope 02-04-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4620983)
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! HAPPY DAY!!

YEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bethFromDayton 02-04-2013 01:40 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:Way to go elvislover324! How wonderful to see that drop and all your hard work paying off!

elvislover324 02-04-2013 01:48 PM

:grouphug: You ladies are so sweet!! I texted my husband when I left my doctors and then raced home to update all of you.

I love the bond that we all have here, encouraging each other and helping each other. I couldn't have done this without all of you. :)

Angihas2 02-04-2013 02:19 PM

elvislover!!! WOooooooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Job well done lady!!!

lunar...I think our scales are having a love affair on the side, they're so eerily close. I've bumped back up almost a full pound! I was so stoked at the 15 lb loss last month, I'm back on plan and pushing water! I was looking at some pics of the summer hubs and I met, which was 2010 and was amazed at how different my face and neck and arms looked, especially since I wasn't skinny posing, to emphasize the loss. Just out and about pics, then realized up a pound or not, my collarbones are finally reshowing, I can feel them and I've noticed the hubs is spending more time touching as more becomes apparent. It's a subconcious thing while we're watching tv, but something he hadn't done in a while, so it's nice to know he's noticed, even if he doesn't even realize he's noticed. Goofy male creatures.

Garnet - I think we all battle that mindset sometimes, "I've been busting my butt for weeks/months/years, by ****, I'm taking a mental break from changing my life". Good for you for getting right home and back on the wagon. I think even maintainers take a bit of a break on vacations (I think you were away for work though) with the mindset they'll need to tighten the belts and up the movement when they get home. Don't sweat a week when you've already got so much other healthy things in the plus column.

getmydivaback3 02-04-2013 02:48 PM

238 This Morning. This Week I'm Going To Work Hard There's So Much Inspiration Around Here. I'm Going To Get At Least 30-45 Min Workout In Daily And Eat On Plan.

Good Luck Ladies. Lets Push Each Other This Week

jenicra 02-04-2013 11:07 PM

Woohooo Elvislover - 100 pounds!!!! Plus a couple more! So impressive!