Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 PM   #1  

Default Motivation per Susan Powter

I just finished reading Susan Powters new book called The Politics of Stupid. She motivated me so much when I read Stop The Insanity years ago and helped me go from a 22 to a 12 and I was hoping lightning would stike twice in the same place, so to speak. In this new book she says that the motivation comes from the 'doing'. That wanting to eat right and make good food choices comes from making them and that wanting to exercise comes from exercising. I think there may be something to this. I know I feel better when I eat whole, natural foods and exercise and get onto a "roll" but if it is true why do I struggle in keeping up the lifestyle change that I know will help me to feel and look better? It is totally beyond me.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Because change is HARD chica!

It will get easier the longer you do it. Ask anyone who has tried to get bad foods out of their life. It's always hard at first and as time goes by, the cravings go away and you start to crave the good.

I haven't been exercising lately and my body has been CRAVING it. Your body will recognize the benefits and want to continue those benefits.

The struggle sucks. But as you continue to CHOOSE the healthy path for your life, the healthy path will become easier to choose.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #3  

She's right!!! Change is tough....I think for me, I have to get rid of the mentality that I'm going to once again be able to eat all that nasty food again.... I can't..... And now I sort of get this power trip when I drive fast food places and "BAD" places..... I'm all like "HAHAHAH I'm stronger than you!!! You can't make me eat your CRAP!!!" ok ok... so it's weird, but it's my new thing.... just think of all the power you have over food and all the power you have over the weakness of eating unhealthy!!!

WE ARE POWERFUL PEOPLE!!!! Hehe
Old 05-02-2003, 04:40 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies. Addiction is a powerful thing but not as powerful as we are! Although I do wish motivation and inspiration could be bottled for use when needed.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:05 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wouldn't that be a million dollar item. Motivation in a bottle. I'd beg, borrow and steal for some sometimes!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #6  

JacobsMommy, me too!
Closed Thread